PDA

View Full Version : Lowering options?

minimorecambe
25-07-10, 04:17 PM
I have now got a K5 SV.

Just want a few options on lowering it as I kind of fell off the learning bike on the way home from the module 1 test today.
I stopped at a roundabout and the road didnt seem to be anywhere under my foot when I put it down #-o

Now I am worried that this will happen on the SV when I finally get to ride it.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Cheers :)

barwel1992
25-07-10, 04:43 PM
get the seat cut out

don't lower the bike using dog bones as this is the wrong way to go about it, it upsets the suspension and ride of the bike

toby_smith
25-07-10, 07:23 PM
I have now got a K5 SV.

Just want a few options on lowering it as I kind of fell off the learning bike on the way home from the module 1 test today.
I stopped at a roundabout and the road didnt seem to be anywhere under my foot when I put it down #-o

Now I am worried that this will happen on the SV when I finally get to ride it.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Cheers :)

You can lower the front around 10mm on Curvys by pulling the forks up through the yokes. Not sure about pointys though. When I did it on mine it also improved the handling. Avoid lowering the back end if you can

barwel1992
25-07-10, 07:35 PM
yup 10mm on pointy as well

minimorecambe
26-07-10, 08:31 PM
So how do I go about cutting the seat down or should I take it and get it done by a prof?

barwel1992
26-07-10, 08:58 PM
you could buy another one and try it on that at least if u fack up you have another one, also then you could have a normal one when you sell the bike if you dont bugger the other one up