PDA

View Full Version : I want to go

Nick_69
25-07-10, 06:30 PM
I want to go to the AR but m working till 4 on friday afternoon and would leave after, but i feel a bit werid going down by myself to someplace i have never been and meeting people i have never meet before so i was just wondering is there anyone else in the surrey area that would be leaving friday afternoon

darkdreamsgal
25-07-10, 06:35 PM
I'm actually in Wimbledon but have taken the day off and am planning to go up with a bunch of people I've never met either from the Ace late morning-ish. If, however, work circs change, I might have to go in for a few hours so would be travelling in the afternoon. Won't know till Weds of that week though!

maviczap
25-07-10, 06:42 PM
Go, I promise you won't regret it

Shellywoozle
25-07-10, 06:42 PM
Hey just come on down, it will only be the first 5 mins you will think.... oh god !! Then you will just be grinning from ear to ear for 2 days !!!

Amanda
25-07-10, 06:48 PM
I want to go too ......... Can you all detour the Rideout to Swanage Carnival???? :(

metalhead19
25-07-10, 07:00 PM
Just go mate. Im riding there with a load of people i dont know....should be interesting :D

kellyjo
25-07-10, 07:41 PM
Just go!!! I went last year not knowing a soul, only had license for a week and already dropped the bike once!!

Within 5 mins of arriving at the site Bear was showing me how quickly he could get it erect (TENT!!!!) and the ride was FAB!!

Didnt speak to many people at night but im gonna try harder this year :p

cb1000rsteve
25-07-10, 08:01 PM
In my experience of just turning up at bike rallies and race meets i usually just rock up with a tent and by the time i've put it up or during someone's talked to me and by the end of the weekend your one of the lads sat round the camp fire, being fed off their bbq etc. I can't think of a better bunch of people than bikers for making you feel welcome. Even the big hairy ones that like Harleys are usually just holding up an imagine and are the nicest people you'll ever come across. Get yourself there. Wish i wasn't working as i'd of loved to of come down for this meet.

fizzwheel
25-07-10, 08:08 PM
I want to go too ......... Can you all detour the Rideout to Swanage Carnival???? :(

No we went to Swanage in 2008...

Amanda
25-07-10, 08:15 PM
.... But but I didn't know y'all then!!

kwak zzr
25-07-10, 08:56 PM
yea just come! i am shy and quiet so we both in the same boat :)

Drew Carey
25-07-10, 10:10 PM
Viney is travelling down from the city after work. Give him a shout. But deffo come.....best time ever.

Amanda
25-07-10, 10:36 PM
yea just come! i am shy and quiet so we both in the same boat :)

Pffffftttttt, yeah right !!

hongman
26-07-10, 12:33 PM
Just go!!! I went last year not knowing a soul, only had license for a week and already dropped the bike once!!

This sounds very much like me, but for this year lol.

Specialone
28-07-10, 09:30 PM
Until i got a bike i would never had just gone and met / talked to strangers, especially ones off a forum.
All the fears / reservations i had were all unfounded tbh, my first encounter with an orger was with binky, he never put me off lol
I actually have come to know a few on here over the last year who i consider good friends now and i wouldnt have met them if i hadnt taken the plunge.

Go for it, i promise i will speak to you if i see you ;)

Phil

Amanda
28-07-10, 09:42 PM
They're all weirdos - that's why I'm not going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**... and I'm not bitter cos of the fact I'm actually working!**

metalangel
29-07-10, 03:02 PM
Don't worry about it, I've gone to lots of internet type meets and have always had a good time. I once went and picked up a guy I'd never met and gave him a lift from Amersham to Southend to a Neocron (MMORPG) meet we were attending. And I've gone and stayed over several times at someone else's house from another forum - there had to be the first time when I'd never met him or his missus in person, and before we knew it we were invited to their wedding.

And one time, I went up to the Esso station by Coryton and met a very special orger (who'd seen on here I was local) with a yellow 'blade who led me on a wild ride up and over Brecon to Abergavenny...

phil24_7
30-07-10, 09:28 AM
NIKE...Just Do It!

Bear
30-07-10, 10:31 AM
We're a friendly bunch at heart, turn up and I guarantee you won't be lonely for long!

If you like, PM me and I'll send you my mobile number so you can bell me when you're just about to arrive, I'll help you get your tent up and introduce you to the folks I know.

As others have said: Just Do It!!!

Sir Trev
30-07-10, 11:37 AM
.... But but I didn't know y'all then!!

I had no idea you were from Texas Amanda...

With a following wind I *MIGHT* be able to make it on Saturday if quarter end goes well. I've not met anyone else from this place either but it won't stop me.

Back in the mists of time I just grasped the nettle and turned up to a club run of a certain national one-make club, got an attendance trophy the following year, met my future wife the year after, ended up running a local centre for three years, and I'm now a life member. Had to start somewhere!

Nick_69
30-07-10, 07:55 PM
We're a friendly bunch at heart, turn up and I guarantee you won't be lonely for long!

If you like, PM me and I'll send you my mobile number so you can bell me when you're just about to arrive, I'll help you get your tent up and introduce you to the folks I know.

As others have said: Just Do It!!!

Cheers for the offer, i have found a few people to ride down with which is good but im sure we will meet

Quiff Wichard
31-07-10, 03:26 PM
just come - you wont regret it.. everyone is real friendly.

gruntygiggles
31-07-10, 11:26 PM
just come - you wont regret it.. everyone is real friendly.

Sounds like a quote from a certain genre of film...and not the one that ends happily ever after for everyone! ;-)

joshmac
03-08-10, 11:08 PM
I might be riding from Woking in the afternoon. Depends what time I can get my bike taxed by.

chris8886
04-08-10, 10:58 AM
I might be riding from Woking in the afternoon. Depends what time I can get my bike taxed by.

i was just about to send you a text to see if you were coming or not. get it done nice and early and get yourself along!