PDA

View Full Version : crashed today

Gordon72
25-07-10, 07:50 PM
Hi,
having a bad day,
Went out for a bimble on my bike today.
Went around a roundabout and next thing i know i am on the floor#-o
My lovely bike has only got 800 miles on the clock. So i am now hoping that anybody might be able to help me.
The bike is a black 2010 sport and i have scuffed the side fairing and top panels,plus exhaust etc.
So if anyone has got the spacers and bolts for the side fairing that they have removed to fit crash bungs that they do not require any more i would be interested in buying them off you. I should be able to get the top fairing and side fairing repaired as they are only scuffed and not cracked etc.
Also after mirror etc.
Anyone put a full system on there bike and want rid of the standard exhaust i may well be interested in that to!
Sorry about the long post people.
On the bright side at least i know i can pick my bike up of the floor unaided!

minimorecambe
25-07-10, 07:55 PM
Just remember bikes can be fixed and replaced :)

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

kellyjo
25-07-10, 07:57 PM
At least you're still in one piece hun!

Any idea what went wrong?

Gordon72
25-07-10, 08:08 PM
At least you're still in one piece hun!

Any idea what went wrong?
thanks,and to be honest no.
I was not going fast or at a large lean angle for me.
However i did have a blade before and maybe i used to take the handling for granted.i.e.knee and pegs down etc(yes i know its not big or clever thats why i bought an sv to slow me down a bit)
maybe i got used to stll braking a bit while turning etc and the sv does not have the best front end for things like that.
It was definatly user error and i think i need to put my brain into gear before riding.
Been riding since 1991 so you would think i would know better by now!:confused:

cb1000rsteve
25-07-10, 08:10 PM
Ebay have standard cans for sale. you might find them spacer things on there too.

thefallenangel
25-07-10, 08:12 PM
are the standard tyres still like grease?

And i feel your pain i did the same with 1200 miles on the clock but outside the office in work.

Gordon72
25-07-10, 08:15 PM
Ebay have standard cans for sale. you might find them spacer things on there too.
cheers i have been looking on there but i would rather trust someone on here first and then try ebay.
Also i would not be sure about cutting my old pipe and getting it right!

cb1000rsteve
25-07-10, 08:16 PM
They sell standard ones on there but if it was me i'd use it as an excuse to fit a nice loud pipe!! There are a few for sale on here too in the for sale thread.

thefallenangel
25-07-10, 08:17 PM
the link pipe hides all evidence. You'll be fine.

Gordon72
25-07-10, 08:17 PM
are the standard tyres still like grease?

And i feel your pain i did the same with 1200 miles on the clock but outside the office in work.

No the tyres are scrubbed however they are still dunlop st220's

Preston
25-07-10, 08:18 PM
I recommend that the best replacement tyres for the Suzuki SV650 ( all years ) are the Avon Viper Sport. JHS use these their our own racing machines and have found them to deliver exceptional levels of grip and predictable control on the road, very well suited to the SV's handling characteristics.

thefallenangel
25-07-10, 08:18 PM
grease tyres. Lots of people on here have got shot. It is a bit of a waste but it is a good upgrade along with suspension improvements.

rotax81
25-07-10, 08:21 PM
at least you are ok and i would put it down to useless standard tyres that they fit to new bikes, i dont know why they fit such rubbish to save a few pennies. its the 1st mod i do :smt033

Gordon72
25-07-10, 08:22 PM
grease tyres. Lots of people on here have got shot. It is a bit of a waste but it is a good upgrade along with suspension improvements.
unfortunatly i will have to spend money fixing the bike before spending money on tyres#-o

Specialone
25-07-10, 08:26 PM
Is it the bolt for pre crash bungs svs you want?
I have one but mine was converted to fully faired but that shouldnt make a difference i think.

Gordon72
25-07-10, 08:35 PM
Is it the bolt for pre crash bungs svs you want?
I have one but mine was converted to fully faired but that shouldnt make a difference i think.
mine is fully faired and it is the one that people take out with the large black spacer behind when they pet the bungs on that i need as it was scuffed.
If thats the one then i will take it ta I need the bolt with allen head and the spacer which is metal

Specialone
25-07-10, 09:06 PM
Ill check tomorrow for you.

Shellywoozle
25-07-10, 09:11 PM
which mirror do you need? assumin r/h/s

Gordon72
25-07-10, 09:19 PM
excellent and thank you:D

Gordon72
25-07-10, 09:20 PM
which mirror do you need? assumin r/h/s
yep, rhs please:D
indicator as well if any ones got one

Shellywoozle
25-07-10, 09:40 PM
yep, rhs please:D
indicator as well if any ones got one

think the mirror I have is a left i will check in morning, I have spare indies but they got no bulbs in, if you want PM me your addy - normal OEM indie thouigh nothing spectacular - or I got some minis but only front not back

Mmmm mine I bought for a K4, will they be the same????

Gordon72
25-07-10, 09:48 PM
think the mirror I have is a left i will check in morning, I have spare indies but they got no bulbs in, if you want PM me your addy - normal OEM indie thouigh nothing spectacular - or I got some minis but only front not back

Mmmm mine I bought for a K$, will they be the same????

pm sent:D

Shellywoozle
25-07-10, 10:03 PM

Mmmm mine I bought for a K4, will they be the same????

OK I have 3 indies, they all look the same how do I know which one is which ?????

Gordon72
25-07-10, 10:05 PM
OK I have 3 indies, they all look the same how do I know which one is which ?????
i am pretty sure that if the look the same then they are a universal fitment so any of them would do!

Gordon72
27-07-10, 02:26 PM
Any luck on this?:cool:

s7uyj
31-07-10, 06:37 PM
bad luck mate, ive got a few bits if your still stuck, indi's, brake lever (if needed) and exhaust, has a minor mark on the bottom edge and been cut off the rest of the system, but there if you fancy!

independentphoto
31-07-10, 07:30 PM
Glad you're OK and hope you get the bike sorted soon.

Garry.

Gordon72
31-07-10, 09:30 PM
bad luck mate, ive got a few bits if your still stuck, indi's, brake lever (if needed) and exhaust, has a minor mark on the bottom edge and been cut off the rest of the system, but there if you fancy!
hi,
Thanks for the offer but as the bike is so new#-o i am looking for unmarked as new parts to match the rest of the bike, and my bike has white indicator lenses i need to get some the same!

s7uyj
31-07-10, 10:05 PM
hi,
Thanks for the offer but as the bike is so new#-o i am looking for unmarked as new parts to match the rest of the bike, and my bike has white indicator lenses i need to get some the same!

no worries mate thats understandable! you can probably pick up a full system off ebay for not much, but bit of a ball ache to fit, ive tried and failed!

williamturner1
02-08-10, 08:17 AM
I was not going fast or at a large lean angle for me.

However i did have a blade before and ... maybe i got used to stll braking a bit while turning etc and the sv does not have the best front end for things like that.

If its any help:
I couldn't really front brake whilst cornering on my sv pointy, it would either try to stand up and stop cornering (not helpful) or load the front really quickly and hint at front end wash out -> high side = not fun

until I changed the fork oil + fork springs
and changed rear shock - i've used gsxr becuase of its hard spring and my sv is always loaded

now
i can scrub off a fair amount of speed whilst cornering WITHOUT HER TRYING TO STAND UP or twitch and it is night and day difference to the sv. i would have sold her and moved on but it made that much difference.

£70 hagon forks+oil £50 gsxr shock (ebay)
+ tub of grease for rear linkages which were born into the grease deprived cruel world of Mr Suzuki's assembly factory

Gordon72
02-08-10, 09:32 AM
If its any help:
I couldn't really front brake whilst cornering on my sv pointy, it would either try to stand up and stop cornering (not helpful) or load the front really quickly and hint at front end wash out -> high side = not fun

until I changed the fork oil + fork springs
and changed rear shock - i've used gsxr becuase of its hard spring and my sv is always loaded

now
i can scrub off a fair amount of speed whilst cornering WITHOUT HER TRYING TO STAND UP or twitch and it is night and day difference to the sv. i would have sold her and moved on but it made that much difference.

£70 hagon forks+oil £50 gsxr shock (ebay)
+ tub of grease for rear linkages which were born into the grease deprived cruel world of Mr Suzuki's assembly factory
thanks for the tip, once i get the bike fixed i might have to try that!