PDA

View Full Version : Indicator problem.

gabrielkeown
28-07-10, 02:57 PM
Hi there any 1 out there know why my LH signal does not flash on dash, My RH is fine and all are working fine except for this 1 thing, Bike is a 2002 SV650s

hongman
28-07-10, 08:37 PM
Blown/loose dash bulb?

warrenhewitt10
29-07-10, 08:49 AM
Are the in dash lights not LEDs? Its fairly hard to break those, unless it's just the pointys that are

hongman
29-07-10, 08:55 AM
No idea to be honest!

TamSV
29-07-10, 10:46 AM
Is this a curvy S we're talking about here? There's only one light on the dash for both indicators so that rules out the dash bulb. The fact that the actual indicators are working rules out a few other things.

There's a wire running from each side of your indicator circuit into the dash that powers the dash bulb. Your problem is probably this wire or it's maybe the clocks themselves.

Get the front fairing off - both sides and centre I'm afraid. Check the front sub-loom that lies over the headlight for any damage - although it's got to be the least vulnerable bit of loom on the bike. If no problems there, take the clocks off and check the connectors between the front sub loom and clocks are in good order and no wires are loose - it's a black or brown wire I think - don't have the diagram to hand but have been looking at it recently. It would be worth squirting a bit of contact cleaner on the connectors at this point.

If that doesn't work, open up the back of the clocks and have a look at the other side of the connector for any obvious problems.

After that, it might be the circuit board in the clocks that's the problem. At that point I'm off to the bog I'm afraid. I can just about get by with electrics. Electronics work on magic pixie dust for all I know.

When you're refitting the clocks don't overtighten the nuts. You're tightening against rubber bushes so it will feel like you can go tighter, but you'll snap the lugs off the back of the clock before that nut stops turning.

TamSV
29-07-10, 11:07 AM
It's worth mentioning - use electrical contact cleaner or a bit of wet and dry if there's corrosion on the electrical contacts. Don't use WD40.

gabrielkeown
29-07-10, 04:26 PM
Thanks tam will try that

coolevilangel
29-07-10, 05:15 PM
stick on your hazard lights see if it lights up??:smt003

TamSV
29-07-10, 08:54 PM
Bah, you pointy owners with yer fancy dan hazard lights.:p