PDA

View Full Version : New clutch cable too long

sinbad
28-07-10, 03:18 PM
Just attempted to replace my on-the-way out k4 650s clutch cable with one from "bitzforbikez" but found out, naturally after most of the faffing, that it's about 10cm longer than the oem one.

It's not supposed to be, is it, it's possibly the cable to fit a naked? The part number on the package and receipt fits the order and website listing, but I just don't think I'd be able to make it work, when in place it's virtually bowed out in front of the clocks even though I routed it identically to its predecessor.

Secondly would someone cheer me up a little bit by telling me that, for them too, things beyond their control more often than not crop-up to turn simple tasks into pains in the neck.

hongman
28-07-10, 03:24 PM
rofl.

Check this:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154955&page=6

Sounds like the same issue I had/have.

hongman
28-07-10, 03:27 PM
In fact their part number (HL427675) is even the same as the one I got for my curvy from 2 other shops.

Bought from Wemoto in the end, they even measured the cable they are sending me and its spot on.

sinbad
28-07-10, 03:52 PM
Thanks hongman. :) Seems like you had a lot more grief than I did. I pulled it through, lined it up, slotted both ends in to their respective places and knew it didn't and never would fit like the oem cable.

All time wasted, though. The first and last time I use "bitzforbikez".

Bibio
28-07-10, 03:54 PM
hhhmmm good to know. 10cm you say well that would be perfect for a bar conversion.

are the ends and bends exactly the same just the cable 10cm longer?

sinbad
28-07-10, 04:04 PM
hhhmmm good to know. 10cm you say well that would be perfect for a bar conversion.

are the ends and bends exactly the same just the cable 10cm longer?

It doesn't have the solid metal bend at the bar end that the oem cable has, and the adjuster at the bottom is not as long as the oem one either. Still has the double thickness in the right places to protect against chafing though, and if it had fitted I would have been happy to fit it :)

10cm longer give or take.

hongman
28-07-10, 04:14 PM
I just want to know why so many shops are obviously all selling the wrong part, lol.

I must of fitted and unfitted the cable about 6 or 7 times total before I decided even with my inexperienced hands, this non-fitment wasnt my own doing!

Nicky S
28-07-10, 09:03 PM
i had this but it was not 10 cm longer it was around 3 - 5 cm longer whitch is fine as i have renthals on the bike.

beabert
28-07-10, 10:25 PM
Lol this again. £20.02 from suzuki mate.

LMThompson
22-02-13, 06:32 PM
having the same problem and a day before i go up to snetterton! freaking out, never buying from them again, now i need to find somewhere that has a genuine part or at least the correct one on my way up. brilliant

punkyp
22-02-13, 10:04 PM
Just get creative with the routing. My throttle cables route around under the tank in a big loop before meeting the throttle bodies, no dramas.

There is enough cable spare to have silly high bars or give the pillion throttle control while I handle the steering.

LMThompson
25-02-13, 06:31 PM
mmyes, managed to re-route it enough that it got the job done :) had an awesome track day and it did its job for the time being ^^