PDA

View Full Version : Which speedo drive?

achapman01
28-07-10, 05:14 PM
Hi all Ive gotta get a new speedo drive probably through ebay. I have a k2 does anyone know if i can use any models speedo drive?

Thanks in advance

Biker Biggles
28-07-10, 07:10 PM
If you mean the rotor has broken up(usual problem)buy a new one from Suzuki.And I think you need one specific to the curvy.

Nicky S
28-07-10, 09:08 PM
If you mean the rotor has broken up(usual problem)buy a new one from Suzuki.And I think you need one specific to the curvy.

+1

i take it it is the little brown cog, these cost £14 from suzuki if i remember. to fit i think you can only use from 99 - 02

TamSV
28-07-10, 09:09 PM
I've got one you can have. It's off an SK1 and was working when I took it off a month or so ago.

If you want it PM your address and I'll stick it in the post (assuming you're in the UK)

achapman01
29-07-10, 05:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Yea its the little cog thing that spins the drive on the front wheel. I went to Lagunas (bike shop) and they told me i had to order the whole drive which was £140!! Ill PM you then TamSV thankyou

TamSV
29-07-10, 08:50 PM
No worries, it's on its way.

Just noticed one of the teeth is broken but, as I said, it was working when it came off the bike. At £140 versus nowt its got to be worth a go.

Actually, you're not getting it for nothing. If it works send a tenner to your local air ambulance and, if our paths ever cross, I'll have a Guinness :D

and a Talisker.

Sheepeh
29-07-10, 09:20 PM
Can i be cheeky and add to this, I broke my SV650 a little while back and am looking to repair it, if I buy a SV1000 clcok set for the 650, will i require a new speedo sensor?

Anyone have any ideas as to the price of a new set of clocks from suzuki?

Many Thanks

Nicky S
30-07-10, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Yea its the little cog thing that spins the drive on the front wheel. I went to Lagunas (bike shop) and they told me i had to order the whole drive which was £140!! Ill PM you then TamSV thankyou

you live near maidstone ??? i had that problem as well at suzuki but if they call the parts place up they cost £14 not a £140 its just a erro on there computers

TamSV
30-07-10, 10:09 AM
they cost £14 not a £140 its just a erro on there computers

That's good news - I thought I'd made a dreadful error but, having made the offer.... :D

Nicky S
30-07-10, 04:00 PM
That's good news - I thought I'd made a dreadful error but, having made the offer.... :D

lol

achapman01
01-08-10, 08:46 AM
No worries, it's on its way.

Just noticed one of the teeth is broken but, as I said, it was working when it came off the bike. At £140 versus nowt its got to be worth a go.

Actually, you're not getting it for nothing. If it works send a tenner to your local air ambulance and, if our paths ever cross, I'll have a Guinness :grin:

Thanks TamSV will do if i ever see you. My speedo worked for a long time with just one tooth so three should be great :D thanks mate