PDA

View Full Version : And the SV is no more :(

s7uyj
31-07-10, 06:41 PM
Gutted, wrote the baby off! Few bits on the sale section if anyone needs anything, and might be buying back to break it, let me know if interested!

Here's a lesson to all though, wear leathers, not jeans!

Ended up with a £2 coin size hole just above my left knee, right down to the bone!
3 weeks on, and 1 week in hospital and still not stitched up!!

Making the pin in my hand seem somewhat a let off!

Lesson 2 - when there is a tool behind you trying to undertake you on left hand bends, keep an eye on him, but not too much so you cant see forward!

independentphoto
31-07-10, 07:26 PM
Gutted for you but you still managed to get off lightly. GWS from me and Quedos.

P.S. Lesson 3 - if you're going to crash, do it on track.

Garry.

Milky Bar Kid
31-07-10, 07:32 PM
Not good pal, hope you are healing well. Bike can be replaced, you can't!

andrewsmith
31-07-10, 07:36 PM
not good. You've still got off lightly if you've still living and walking.

Bikes and gear are replacable, but lives are not.
you going to get back on or you off for life?

s7uyj
31-07-10, 07:54 PM
cheers guys, ye very lightly, which kind of makes it more difficult to risk getting back on! kind of seems like ill be pushing my luck!! but never say never!

As for lesson 3, im actually thinking of scrapping road riding, and going for a track only approach!

just lucky the car behind me was a little old woman or ive have been inspecting the underside of a mondeo!

andrewsmith
31-07-10, 08:02 PM
Some people are and some aren't. Like today a guy has had to be airlifted off the A68 north of Otterburn (me and mate had to pass through as were beyond the northbound roadblock)

if the track riding is your idea, consider converting whats left of yours to the minitwin spec

means you've got a prepped bike to go racing with

Stuuk1
31-07-10, 08:04 PM
Whoops! I'm guessing its the bike in the picture...?

What caused a hole down to the bone?! I wear my draggin jeans all the time, I don't even own a pair of leathers :-/

ChrisSV
31-07-10, 08:07 PM
Not good dude, but hey atleast youve got all you limbs and life.
Id echo the idea above about converting yours if ya wanna go track
GWS

toby_smith
31-07-10, 08:42 PM
Gutted, wrote the baby off! Few bits on the sale section if anyone needs anything, and might be buying back to break it, let me know if interested!

Here's a lesson to all though, wear leathers, not jeans!

Ended up with a £2 coin size hole just above my left knee, right down to the bone!
3 weeks on, and 1 week in hospital and still not stitched up!!

Making the pin in my hand seem somewhat a let off!

Lesson 2 - when there is a tool behind you trying to undertake you on left hand bends, keep an eye on him, but not too much so you cant see forward!

Is this Stu? Of bupa fame?

If so, hows it going? Dave told me about the crash like, he also told me you were being spoilt wrotten in the private healthcare heaven!

If this isn't stu, ignore this!

Toby, of The Victoria fagbreak exploitation fame

s7uyj
31-07-10, 10:02 PM
ye mini twins not a bad option, need to see how much can buy back for yet

Yep mate its Stu! ye Spire were good to me!
Hows yours mate? Shame its a curvy, could of had a few bits off me!

Landed knee first at 50mph, hence the hole! Draggin jeans would prob offer more protection than my Jack Jones ones so your safer than me! Still wouldnt ride with nothing but leather again tho!

Will try and stick a few pics on later of the injuries, pretty minging though!

toby_smith
01-08-10, 09:23 AM
Was on the east lancs you crashed wasnt it? Some knobs up there in rush hour like

Yeah mines **** hot cheers. Kinda let yorkie chris loose on it on a couple of occasions and now I have new fork springs, thicker fork oil and a penske rear shock! Sexy as fook! It actually tips into corners now!

The new none squared of tyres help aswell.

Don't you dare sell those leathers by the way, infact, I will buy them of you, put them in my wardrobe and you can buy them back when you decide you've been an idiot by selling them!

mcgrimes
01-08-10, 03:20 PM
East lancs? I travel there on way to uni.

Get well soon mate!

s7uyj
01-08-10, 04:28 PM
East lancs? I travel there on way to uni.

Get well soon mate!

ye just coming off slip road from m61, where it merges into 1 lane

cheers mate

littleoldman
01-08-10, 08:53 PM
Very sorry to read this, hope all goes well. Glad to say I don't do many town / motorway roads.