PDA

View Full Version : Snapped clutch lever perch bolt.

hongman
01-08-10, 01:00 PM
Its just one thing after another :rolleyes:

Went for a proper test ride today, to test the clutch and my wrist.

Wrist is not holding up too good...struggled to change gear. Ended up doing clutchless upshifts which was smoother than I thought it would be.

Anyway, while on the mway (couldnt hack twisties with the pain) home I noticed the clucth lever was way higher than the front brake. I was having to reach up, to pull the clutch.

No problem thinks me, quick adjustment when I'm home. Whip out the ol' 10mm rachet, few turns in and "pop"...****ing thing snapped.

Now what do I do :confused: Theres still half the bolt in the bracket. No thread sticking out the other end to grip on.

I guess I have to drill this out? As simple as finding a close fitting drill bit and drilling through?

Where would I pick up another bolt? Would halfrauds do em?

Razor
01-08-10, 01:42 PM
muppet

hongman
01-08-10, 01:45 PM
Thanks....

hongman
01-08-10, 02:24 PM
Well, took a 2mm drill bit to it nd then a 3.5mm...half way through the bolt and the rest just fell out the other end.

Think I scored the thread a bit, but hey ho.

Sorry, panic post over.

hongman
01-08-10, 08:56 PM
Anyone know what kind of bolt this is? M#?

Called Halfords, said they wouldnt stock anything. I'll give my local bike shop a shoud tomorrow but I think they'll ask me the same question!

Sid Squid
02-08-10, 08:59 AM
From recollection an M6, ~20-25 mm should be OK.

hongman
02-08-10, 09:04 AM
Hi Sid

Thanks mate.

Just called my bike shop and they said they had loads, just to pop in and nab one.

Sweet!