PDA

View Full Version : Thank you's from me!

gruntygiggles
10-08-10, 05:37 PM
Ok, still on a massive come down, but just to reiterate a few points made on Saturday night and say them in a bit more detail as at the time, I was just trying to say it all without bursting into tears because I'm rather pathetic like that!

Firstly, John (Admin) - The site would not be here for us to all enjoy without him, I know how much he wanted to be at the AR but couldn't, so John, thank you for building a home for this wonderful family!

To Fizz and the other mods for giving up their time to control us all!

To everyone on the org as without each and every one of us, this place would just not be the same and it is all of us that make this place the family that it is!

To abscent friends, we've known you, laughed with you, loved you, and miss you all. This place will always carry your memories, each and every one of you.

To Hovis. He asked me to help him organise this AR and I could never have known that I would have ended up doing it without him, but it's a job I've relished and because we had everything in place already, it's all been easy peasy!

Now - thank you to the people who have helped me in anyway, large or small...even MattSV and Anita for waiting around so long on Thursday keeping us amused as I finished off the printing of leaflets! You all know who you are and I hope I gave you all enough hugs and thanks on the weekend.

Thank you to the markers, all did an amazing job and this thanks also goes to the unexpected markers that had to step in on the second leg...I cannot tell you how hard we were trying to get back to the front without risking losing our licenses, but your help was very much appreciated by all :-)

Thank you to the Catering Van, whose food was lovely, very well priced and for the free teas and coffees on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks to David and Tim and all at the Basky hotel as lets face it, they provided us with all we needed and more.

Thanks to you all for turning up and getting your bikes on the drive for pictures, it looked immense!

I could go on forever, but to cut it short now I will just say this...

Myself and the others involved with the organising of this years AR wanted nothing more than for everyone to have a great weekend, enjoy great roads and have many many laughs and memories, so thank you ALL for making us able to realise that goal both for us and our dear departed friend :-)

WUB YOU ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

missyburd
10-08-10, 05:39 PM
hear hear :-D

Wideboy
10-08-10, 05:46 PM
no, than you!!

lol

maviczap
10-08-10, 06:48 PM
I said it somewhere else, this years will be hard to top

Thanks to you and your teams work

Thanks

(your avatar has also improved ;))

RichT
10-08-10, 07:12 PM
You're welcome. :D

Specialone
10-08-10, 07:16 PM
Well i had a great time and it was down to you lot so thank you :)

Cymraeg_Atodeg
10-08-10, 07:19 PM
I would like to thank Cheryl, Dan, Lily, Drew and David for organising the AR to be in Wales and then everyone who carried the torch on with the sad loss of David.

You all did amazing and I hope everyone enjoyed coming to my home country. You are all welcome back, but, the "man-kini" isn't, ha ha

phil24_7
10-08-10, 08:04 PM
We lub you also!

Viney
11-08-10, 10:33 AM
Whatever. Now hurry up and sort nexts years out, theres a good girl ;) x

gruntygiggles
11-08-10, 10:42 AM
Whatever. Now hurry up and sort nexts years out, theres a good girl ;) x

As much as I would jump at the chance....it is someone elses turn next year. I for one am hoping for Scotland like many others...I'd even organise it from here if no-one else volunteered...lol. Just want to go to Scotland...lol.

C'mon people, who's gonna do AR11???

missyburd
11-08-10, 04:38 PM
Either scotland or northumberland!

hongman
12-08-10, 10:17 AM
Another vote for Scotland, heard too many a tale about the awesome roads up there, must try it!

Or the Peak district

Shellywoozle
12-08-10, 10:59 AM
As much as I would jump at the chance....it is someone elses turn next year. I for one am hoping for Scotland like many others...I'd even organise it from here if no-one else volunteered...lol. Just want to go to Scotland...lol.

C'mon people, who's gonna do AR11???

Me me me ... as I fear I may not be doing the AR12 due to Olympics ..... so get organising MBK .... oh I mean you Scottish Orgers ;)

Bri w
12-08-10, 12:27 PM
Me me me ... as I fear I may not be doing the AR12 due to Olympics ..... so get organising MBK .... oh I mean you Scottish Orgers ;)

What you competing in Shell?;)

Bri w
12-08-10, 12:29 PM
Northumberland is like the Borders, and D&G. Everyone goes past there for the Highlands. Anyone going oop north Scotland would do well to have a stop off.

Messie
12-08-10, 01:12 PM
My thoughts would be south - ish next year, maybe New Forest or something, then Scotland or at least well up north somewhere in 2012 when the Olympics will be jamming everything up down here

dyzio
12-08-10, 01:16 PM
My thoughts would be south - ish next year, maybe New Forest

570 miles, hope that DP's house would still be available. Although I don't know if I could ride for a week after visiting Preston :D

Messie
12-08-10, 01:23 PM
Or Midlands? Just thinking of saving the north until us sountherners needs to escape the mayhem

orose
12-08-10, 01:34 PM
To be fair, there is a lot of north between my sort of area and Scotland, all covered by the PM region... we're not in danger of running short.

Shellywoozle
12-08-10, 04:08 PM
What you competing in Shell?;)

Sex-athon ..... I wish LOL

Is that an Olympic sport?

Cymraeg_Atodeg
12-08-10, 04:09 PM
As a man who has ridden to Hamm in Germany from my house in South Wales, I don't care where AR11 is, bring it on!

Also, I have to stay this time, I think GG owes me a drink, lol

Wideboy
12-08-10, 04:59 PM
My thoughts would be south - ish next year, maybe New Forest or something, then Scotland or at least well up north somewhere in 2012 when the Olympics will be jamming everything up down here

roads wont be able to handle the AR sizes, to much wildlife roaming all the roads. It can be worse that the sheep road

Stig
12-08-10, 07:37 PM
I would also like to thank everyone who had an input to this years AR. It was awesome. I think location for next year should be put in a separate thread to this one. Where ever it is, I'll be there.

mattSV
13-08-10, 08:14 AM

New Forest is nice, however there is a blanket 40mph limit over most of it :smt120

We do have some good roads down here, however they are usually heaving with caravans & numpties :smt013 . The decent ones (A32/272/286/283/29) etc are also fairly heavily policed at weekends.

Viney
13-08-10, 08:36 AM
Why not just go back to Wales.

_Stretchie_
13-08-10, 08:44 AM
New Forest is nice, however there is a blanket 40mph limit over most of it :smt120

Plenty fast enough for the Triumph owners then

kellyjo
13-08-10, 09:22 AM
Plenty fast enough for the Triumph owners then

Oi Stretch-me-lad!! I'll have you know I got up to 43.5mph on Sheep Road ......... or was that kph?? :p

gruntygiggles
13-08-10, 09:48 AM
Why not just go back to Wales.

Ha - if we go back we also get to have a firepit and there will be toilets and showers in a purpose built building IN the field.

BUT...I am going to propose that as a Welsh TT after AR11 is fixed. Hey, at least we have it there in the event that no-one else wants to do AR11.

I for one would quite like it to go up north now, but would not want to take away from the GM. So confusing!

hongman
13-08-10, 10:00 AM
Wait a sec, what is the GM?

missyburd
13-08-10, 10:04 AM
GM = Glencoe Massacre rideout, now in it's third year :)

kellyjo
13-08-10, 10:05 AM
Glencoe Massacre - Annual Scottish rideout. If you check threads they're just starting to plan GMIV for next year.

Unfortunately we couldnt make it this year, wouldve been about 1100 miles in 3 days, planning to be there next year though :p

RichT
13-08-10, 10:05 AM
Glencoe Massacre - I haven't been yet, but my understanding is that it's essentially a Scottish AR. Although everyone organises themselves.

3 answers in 2 minutes... all busy today then. :D

hongman
13-08-10, 10:06 AM
Oh man, I missed it already :(

Will be keeping an eye out for next years!

LynT
13-08-10, 07:25 PM
As my first post.....can I say a huge thank you to all of you for making my very first AR a fab weekend. To all who came and chatted, making me feel part of the event, it was great to meet you.....for the laughter - Badger's stories and Girth in his costume, in particular, still make me smile. The great rideout......obviously Im not including the sheep in that bit, but the roads...oh and ofcourse Gid for making my first long-haul pillion trip a ball!! I really hope to catch up with you soon and again....thank you!! x Lyn

gruntygiggles
13-08-10, 11:16 PM
Was just lovely to see you again Lyn...I have a feeling we'll be a little better acquainted by AR11 :-)

widepants
14-08-10, 06:03 AM
Was just lovely to see you again Lyn...I have a feeling we'll be a little better acquainted by AR11 :-)
I have a secret that Im dieing to tell you:-dd

widepants
14-08-10, 06:03 AM
As my first post.....can I say a huge thank you to all of you for making my very first AR a fab weekend. To all who came and chatted, making me feel part of the event, it was great to meet you.....for the laughter - Badger's stories and Girth in his costume, in particular, still make me smile. The great rideout......obviously Im not including the sheep in that bit, but the roads...oh and ofcourse Gid for making my first long-haul pillion trip a ball!! I really hope to catch up with you soon and again....thank you!! x Lyn
oi...get your own avator xx

BernardBikerchick
14-08-10, 11:13 AM
superb weekend hun !!!! all thanks to you guys !!!
stretchie stop looking so hot in all the photos if you don't mind he he he