PDA

View Full Version : Combatfred & MrsCombatfred's Euro Tour Pics

combatfred
29-09-10, 01:42 PM
Hey guys,

Me and Wendy are just back from an awesome 17 day trip to France, Italy and Switzerland.

After a small issue on the M6 and a Saturday morning visit to Streetbike in Halesowen we were on our way again and it all went according to plan.

1 night Travel Lodge on M6
1 night Arras in France
1 night Grenoble in France
6 nights Juan Les Pins in France
5 nights on Lake Como in Italy
1 night Winterthur in Switzerland
1 night Paris
1 night Travel Lodge on M2

3663 miles in 17 days.

Road highlights were the Route Napoleon, the San Bernardino Pass and the Stelvio Pass.

Here's the pics.

http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy5/combatfred/Euro%20Trip%202010/?albumview=slideshow

Cheers.

Fred

Paul the 6th
29-09-10, 02:06 PM
not jealous.

radicalry00
29-09-10, 02:14 PM
Some beautiful views and a beautiful bike. Sounds like you had an awesome time. Really want to do a similar trip in 2011.

kaivalagi
29-09-10, 02:36 PM
Wow, what a trek...thanks for sharing

The Guru
29-09-10, 02:59 PM
Awesome pics as usual.

haggis
29-09-10, 03:31 PM
Lucky youz, looks amazing. Would love to tour more, especially northern Italy sometime.

Speedy Claire
29-09-10, 04:15 PM
Fantastic pics and loved the captions. Lake Como looks beautiful and well worth a visit. Glad you both had such a great holiday x

missyburd
29-09-10, 04:48 PM
Always a winner with those captions :-D Such gorgeous views, I and a plan planned to go to Lake Como in March of this year but we had to call the whole thing off unfortunately. Still badly want to go there, looks amazing and your photos have certainly done it justice!

How can you hate lizards though, they're beautiful little critters!! :-P

yorkie_chris
29-09-10, 04:50 PM
Lizards won't eat you... they just jump up at you and if one gets you a week later lots of little baby lizards will hatch inside your skin and eat your spleen.

danf1234
29-09-10, 05:08 PM
Really enjoyed that. I can watch these pictures stories of peoples touring all day. The really have inspired me to get my **** out next year.

Awesome pics and an awesome trip!

missyburd
29-09-10, 05:23 PM
Lizards won't eat you... they just jump up at you and if one gets you a week later lots of little baby lizards will hatch inside your skin and eat your spleen.

Actually some actually will eat you...them ones on that island....what's it called now...oh yeh KOMODO. They won't stop at the spleen :wink:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LbccUVbSRd8/SCpZQrjIY2I/AAAAAAAAB-4/ctNK8KvpoHY/s400/Komodo+Dragon+-+LiveScience.jpg

-Ralph-
29-09-10, 05:59 PM
Just replying so the thread subscribes and I can find it again when I have more time.

ManxMatt34
29-09-10, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a great time fred, thats where you've been hiding then?

Bibio
29-09-10, 06:51 PM
how many time did you have to stop to let Mrs CF be sick?

that looks like you had an amazing time. me jealous nope not one little bit :rolleyes:

jimmy4237
29-09-10, 07:08 PM
Not jealous......:p:p Good for you taking the plunge and doing a trip like that.:cool::cool:

Must have cost ya a fortune....

Ed
29-09-10, 10:39 PM
Terrific!!!!!!! Awesome trip!!!!!!

...but you eat Nutella for breakfast? Ewwww!!!!!!

sv4me
29-09-10, 11:07 PM
Awesome pics :cool: and awesome bike for touring!

Like a few others have already said, I'm doing something along these lines next year and pictures like these make me even more impatient to go!

Oh and those little lizard dudes look like the 1s that were crawling all over the seating on the parabolica at Monza. My gf saw them and freaked, I said theyre harmless don't be a wuss, and 1 of them then promptly nipped her on the leg :smt081

squirrel_hunter
29-09-10, 11:07 PM
Cool. Extra marks awarded for the captions.

combatfred
30-09-10, 07:56 AM
Cheers guys.

If anyone fancies taking the bike to Europe (and who doesn't!), then do it. It's awesome. Even the sh*tty bits like bombing down the French motorways are 100 times more enjoyable than the UK! Having done it again, I'm just gutted that I'd left it 7 years since the last one. There's loadsa guys on here who have done it, so pick some brains and start planning.

This trip was meant to be a last fling for me & the Busa, but there's too much of a bond now, so she's staying :smt058.

As for the lizards, Wendy said to me "Calm down for God sake, they're more scared of you than you are of them". My repy was........."I DON'T f**KING THINK SO". I know they don't eat people regularly, but they were everywhere :shock:. There was hardly any spiders, so I'm wondering if they eat them all. Maybe the little sh*ts aren't so bad after all.

Fred

yorkie_chris
30-09-10, 09:41 AM
There was a good one in Thailand... we'd all gone out on the p*ss... my Grandma stayed back at the hotel, a bloody massive spider wandered in under the gap between the door and frame followed by a lizard. She's terrified of spiders but managed to take a pic... the lizard proceeded to stalk the spider to the middle of the room and chomp it with audible crunching. :)
If you don't like spiders don't go to Thailand!

another lizard/Grandma related one... she gets serious reactions to mozzie bites, we used to go visit her as a kid when they had a pub in Gibraltar, they had a lizard move into the bedroom which helpfully chomped all the mozzies and she didn't get bitten for years then while the rest of us got eaten alive! It slowly turned from greeny/brown to almost transparent so it matched the white walls :)

gerbrox
30-09-10, 11:13 AM
Superb, that is all.

Bet your glad your back in the UK though

Bluefish
30-09-10, 06:14 PM
Looks like you both had a great time, the stelvio pics are ace. Don't know what my yacht was doing there it's meant to be in the Bahamas for the winter season, lol.

rabf33
10-10-10, 07:59 PM
Awesome pics, would love to do something like that but don't think ma old bandit would make it!!
(more like i wouldn't make it - bike would prob be fine :)

Gixxer1
14-10-10, 09:15 PM
Awwwwwwe WOW that looks so good, ya luck #### :) Thanks for sharing the pics, looks bloody awesome, really wish I could do a tour like that, maybe one day though :)

Icanopit
14-10-10, 09:56 PM
Hi FRED, I guess the "doggy bench" was your desk at the office Winter***** ???

JOHN

Lozzo
14-10-10, 10:51 PM
Awesome photos and captions, makes me wish I'd taken more when I was doing my Euro-tour a few weeks ago. I did about the same amount of miles and in the same time, only I ended up in Malta visiting Zunkus (Stephen) from the .org and then came home the long way. In all I covered 13 countries.

Maybe one day I should put my boring pics up, but they really aren't a patch on yours

PuggledPrune
14-10-10, 11:00 PM
Fantastic pics! Would love to do something like this!!

wattyfred89
15-10-10, 04:00 PM
great pics fred

ManxMatt34
18-10-10, 05:39 PM
Fred looks like you had a fantastic time. I'd love to do something round europe in the future this and bluefishman's picture threads might just inspire me???

combatfred
19-10-10, 07:14 AM
Fred looks like you had a fantastic time. I'd love to do something round europe in the future this and bluefishman's picture threads might just inspire me???

Be inspired and do something like this if it's at all possible. Weekends like this years Plan-O-Man are awesome and a full on couple of weeks abroad are even awesomer than that.
We've got the Euro trip bug again, so next year we think we're doing Spain with maybe a few days in Morocco while we're there. Next summer is so freaking far away! AARRGGHH!!!

dizzyblonde
19-10-10, 08:55 AM
Absolutely wonderful pics Mr And MrsFred.

Certainly makes me want to pop across the pond again!