PDA

View Full Version : 500 quid a week ceiling on family allowance

cringer
07-10-10, 09:54 PM
I think f*** yeah about time.

To the families that work or cant work due to genuine reasons then its going to be tough.

But for the families that WONT work i simply say f*** you and get a job any job.

Although im thinking now what will cameron use the savings for? Cos i bet us working honest tax payers wont see much of it, particularly as vat is going up in january.

What do u guys think?

ravingdavis
07-10-10, 09:56 PM
I would be quite happy to see Cameron spend the money on reducing Gordon Browns apocalyptic deficit so that the tax payers amongst us do not have to keep servicing the debt.

MisterTommyH
07-10-10, 10:02 PM
Do you really think you're going to notice the VAT increase?

I know I sure as hell didn't notice any extra cash in my pocket when we had the 2.5% drop so don't see why 2.5% the other way should be any different.

I'm sure the people who are worst off will notice it, but the rest of us?

speedplay
07-10-10, 10:08 PM
About time that career scroungers got hit a little harder.
I'm fed up with supporting the **** next door to me with his 4 kids,
2 holidays a year, new tellys etc while I work my nuts off...

Rant over.

cringer
07-10-10, 10:22 PM
And why do scrounging mums with loads of kids and brown teeth always act so brasen and as if they are doing the country a favour by having 6 plus kids each.

I dont think we have to worry about the population becoming extinct, not with the amount of baby factories they are allowing in from eastern europe!

Rant over

Owenski
07-10-10, 10:34 PM
Not even gonna bother starting my rant - thread participation over!

blue curvy jester
08-10-10, 10:04 AM
Its going to cause ethnic clensing in some parts of london though, where council workers , hospital cleaners , ward orderleys some of them get more than that in houseing benifits a week, therefore they will move out to live in cheaper palces further out of London ( some people will say thats how it should be ) then get similar **** jobs closer to thier house leaving the hospitals in the centre of the town left to rot in ****.

cringer
08-10-10, 11:59 AM
Well u generally die of mrsa in barnsley general regardless if what piffling operation you go in for!

G
08-10-10, 12:02 PM
It will be interesting to see how the london situation pans out. It scare me how much some of the london families get in housing benefit.

startrek.steve
08-10-10, 12:14 PM
Wish I got £500 a week!

cringer
08-10-10, 12:39 PM
Just out of interest as i dont have kids how much can working families claim for their kids?

Tara
08-10-10, 12:52 PM
Just out of interest as i dont have kids how much can working families claim for their kids?
it depends on how much you earn, but child benefit was the same for all families regardless of wage and that is 80 quid for the first child then 50 quid thereafter

Bibio
08-10-10, 01:19 PM
80 quid for the first child then 50 quid thereafter

and that's for a whole month. wooohoooo.

cringer
08-10-10, 01:42 PM
I certainly dont agree with it but i can see the attraction to sitting at home all day watching jeremy kyle. Not surprising other countries think were a soft touch

Gabriel2k
08-10-10, 06:20 PM
No doubt I will get flamed for saying this, but I will only be having kids when I can support that decision financially and I dont see why I should pay for other peoples children.

Jabba
08-10-10, 06:28 PM
No doubt I will get flamed for saying this, but I will only be having kids when I can support that decision financially and I dont see why I should pay for other peoples children.

I can see some logic to that but how would you know when would be that time? Some would argue that it's never going to be that time coz kids are so expensive whenever they come along.

I think the proposal is for total benefits (not just family allowance or whatever it is called these days) not to exceed £500pw. That will include housing benefit.

Tim in Belgium
08-10-10, 06:29 PM

Hear, hear.

Bluefish
08-10-10, 06:42 PM
I think the proposal is for total benefits (not just family allowance or whatever it is called these days) not to exceed £500pw. That will include housing benefit.

Thanks for that as the op didn't exactly make it clear, but i'm sure i heard a week or two ago that there would be a higher allowance for london etc for the housing benifit.

As for people who think £80 a month isn't a lot to drag up a kid on, it's not it's a benifit, it's not meant to pay for you to have kids, it's to help you out the government does not, will not, should not pay for peeps to have kids.

Dave20046
08-10-10, 06:57 PM
reducing Gordon Brown's apocalyptic deficit so that the tax payers amongst us do not have to keep servicing the debt...

Isn't that Cameron's generic sentence opener?

And yeah - about ****ing time.
Unfortunately there will be the odd genuine case, ex high rate tax payer or whatever who this will disadvantage - but it's got to be rare.

cringer
08-10-10, 07:10 PM
And while were at it how about chucking out some asylum seekers!!!!

Ill get me coat :-(

Jabba
08-10-10, 08:29 PM
And while were at it how about chucking out some asylum seekers!!!!

In the news today...... the City of Birmingham will not be renewing its agreement with Govt to house asylum seekers at the end if its current contract.

190 Council houses currently in the scheme will be available for local (British) homeless.

Reeder
08-10-10, 08:34 PM
In the news today...... the City of Birmingham will not be renewing its agreement with Govt to house asylum seekers at the end if its current contract.

190 Council houses currently in the scheme will be available for local (British) homeless.

So they should be!

cringer
08-10-10, 08:39 PM
I was being ironic but hey lets go there!

fenjer
08-10-10, 08:47 PM

You might be able to "afford" kids at that particular junction, but you never know whats round the corner.

I know from harsh personal experience that the "right time" at that precise time is all wel and good, but 6 months down the line it might all have gone to sh**.

dizzyblonde
08-10-10, 09:00 PM
Wish I got £500 a week!

Me too, thats nearly half my monthly wage!!

You might be able to "afford" kids at that particular junction, but you never know whats round the corner.

I know from harsh personal experience that the "right time" at that precise time is all wel and good, but 6 months down the line it might all have gone to sh**.

+1. If you want kids, you have them, you think you can afford them, but theres always something down the road.

I'd like to point out here, that 'experts' reckon on average it costs 20k a year to bring up a child, dunno where that figure comes from, but I don't earn that for sure, and I've done it as a single earner.