PDA

View Full Version : My boy won something

Exupdog
10-10-10, 08:23 AM
Hello, just wanted to share a little news. I don't know if any of you recall the postings of my GSD pup Dan. Well he's a big boy now, he'll be two at the end of November, and he just took first prize in his first obedience competition. Bless his little hairy feet, he didn't put a paw wrong all evening. The lady judge called us over after the competition and asked if we'd consider national competition with him. She showed us his score card and I'd lost just one point, I say I lost it because I was at fault. As my good lady explains it "when Dan did his retrieve, some butterfingered berk dropped the dumbbell". I won't compete with him though, we train with him to keep his mind active and for fun. I think if I was to start and take it seriously it might take the fun out of it for Dan and for me, that's not worth the trade. Also, I don't think my nerves would take it. Here's a small picture of Dan looking smug with his rosette.

gedt5
10-10-10, 08:28 AM
well done dan and well done you:smt041

my rottie is also 2 and while he could be a bit better on the recal hes a good lad

Exupdog
10-10-10, 08:34 AM
Thank you, we had a girl with a Rottie at our club and they were both really good. I don't know why she gave up, they could have had a cupboard full of awards.

minimorecambe
10-10-10, 09:44 AM
Congratulations :)

What a beautiful dog you have :)

gruntygiggles
10-10-10, 09:46 AM
Well done Dan and well done you aswell! Competing will only become more of a chore than a pleasure if you allow it to. If Dan is as willing to learn and please as he obviously is, then I don't see it as being a problem. I've never seen a dog at any kind of obedience show that isn't having a fab time. Dogs, especially working breeds like Dan will trive on it. The more you do, the more he'll love it...and love you more for it. Working dogs are happy dogs :-)

dawn07
10-10-10, 04:30 PM
Stunning! Beauty and brains!:cheers:

tinpants
10-10-10, 05:56 PM
Well done Dan and well done you aswell! Competing will only become more of a chore than a pleasure if you allow it to. If Dan is as willing to learn and please as he obviously is, then I don't see it as being a problem. I've never seen a dog at any kind of obedience show that isn't having a fab time. Dogs, especially working breeds like Dan will trive on it. The more you do, the more he'll love it...and love you more for it. Working dogs are happy dogs :-)

Cheryl, are you on about Exup's dog, or Stretchie? Could be either!!! lol

gruntygiggles
10-10-10, 08:23 PM
Cheryl, are you on about Exup's dog, or Stretchie? Could be either!!! lol

I could tell you Nick, but then I'd have to kill you :batman:

Speedy Claire
10-10-10, 09:22 PM
It must be so rewarding when your perseverance pays off. He`s a very handsome chap.... well done Dan x

tinpants
14-10-10, 06:56 PM
I could tell you Nick, but then I'd have to kill you :batman:

I'd probably die laughing first!!

missyburd
14-10-10, 07:12 PM
He's absolutely beautiful, and obviously a real credit to you! It was a pleasure teaching my GSD anything, he'd pick stuff up so quickly, such a fantastic breed.

But I shall have to leave this thread now...I'm missing my GSD :(