PDA

View Full Version : Orange users beware!

MisterTommyH
10-10-10, 06:59 PM
If any of you and are on orange and get the offer to use t-mobile network, DON'T DO IT!

I signed up on Friday and have had no end of problems. n
No 3G, no signal, inability to make a call even though I'm showing decent signal. Have spent ages on the phone to technical and eventually have to reset my network settings which meant ive lost all my network keys to the Wi-Fi networks I use so I have to re-enter them all.

Not a smooth transition.

Shellywoozle
10-10-10, 07:02 PM
Ditto I think I am gonna have to smash me phone and go to O2 at this rate

EDIT - just changed mobile settings to select 'Orange' network instead of 'Orange T-mobile' .............. took me off roaming and back on signal (minus 3G tho)

Dave20046
10-10-10, 07:02 PM
I signed up on Friday and have had no end of problems. n
No 3G, no signal, inability to make a call even though I'm showing decent signal.

What's the difference??

BBadger
10-10-10, 07:07 PM
if your goinf from t-mobile to orange it works a treat though.

fizzwheel
10-10-10, 07:07 PM
Chap at work has done this with his phone and is raving about it, reckons the signal is much much better. Is it a problem with the network or being caused by the phone(s) that people are using.

christopher
10-10-10, 07:09 PM
Vodafone here, had signal all day. Wondered why I couldn't get through to you Tom... everyone else was answering but yours was ringing out and/or going to answerphone. Texts sent to you (3) were showing as pending for at least an hour after sending as well, those sent to people I know are on Vodafone/O2/Virgin went through instantly as usual.

MisterTommyH
10-10-10, 07:23 PM
It was a frustrating day!

I'm an iPhone, followed their advice and it seems to be working. Will give it a week of normal/work use before I make my mind up.

I usually don't have any problems getting orange signal any where except at work, which is in the middle of nowhere. It would have been a useful upgrade there.

MisterTommyH
10-10-10, 07:26 PM
if your goinf from t-mobile to orange it works a treat though.

It's all your fault!

Jabba
10-10-10, 07:40 PM
Just got a new Orange phone/contract and the upgrade happened automatically. New phone/network so not noticed any difference. Will check on work phone tomorrow.

AndyBrad
11-10-10, 06:43 AM
my call quality has dropped significantly on orange. not a happy bunny :(

madnlooney
11-10-10, 06:55 AM
i thought the merge was for sharing 2g network not the 3g?

MisterTommyH
11-10-10, 11:15 AM
It is to start with. But they're merging 3G early next year. Doesn't mean that the update won't have a negative (unintentional?) effect on 3G.

BBadger
11-10-10, 03:30 PM
It's all your fault!

But you cant prove a thing:smt019
anyways i was smart and went with 02

mikerj
11-10-10, 03:44 PM
my call quality has dropped significantly on orange. not a happy bunny :(

Do you have a T-mobile contract then?

I'm on Orange and signed up last week (after someone here kindly mentioned it) and the only difference I have noticed is my phone (iPhone 2G) now works in more locations than it used to!

El Saxo
11-10-10, 08:58 PM
I looked at the T-Mobile website with a view to sharing the Orange network but decided not to in the end cos it lists lots of 'issues' with 3G and with Android - check the website carefully before you make the changes to the phone's settings.

A lot of the issues are apparently down to the fact it makes your phone think you are roaming even though you are still in the UK.

Also, to cure a lot of the problems you have to enable 'data while roaming' and the like, so watch out if you then take your phone abroad!