PDA

View Full Version : I won, I won, I won

svrich
12-10-10, 04:23 PM
(Will the title get changed ?!)
:p
I was fully expecting to go to court on Friday for the hearing of my accident claim from March 2009.
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=126800
But last Friday White Dalton called to say that the other side had written to them to offer me a 75-25% split in my favour. I declined and WD were confident that going to court would be the best option as the case looked very good. Yesterday WD sent me the skeleton of their action for court, and sent the same to the other side. Today I got a message to call WD so I did. Jo at WD, who has been handling my case, passed on the great news that the other side have admitted 100% liability, and 100% costs :rolleyes:
So after a year and a half of stress, and seriously mounting cost, everything is all done and dusted. The final paperwork went to the court this afternoon and a cheque should be winging its way to me very soon :smt040
Another comon sense victory to the bikers.

svrich 1 - local taxi firm 0

Oh, and I stopped into C J Ball on the way home and picked up a fist full of 'think bike' stickers that I'll be taking to the taxi firm on the way home tomorrow :cheers:

Virtual beers on me tonight. It's going to be a good birthday weekend after all.
:rave:

andrewsmith
12-10-10, 04:25 PM
well done mate as it should be 100%

speedplay
12-10-10, 04:25 PM
Result!

Just need John to get his thumb out of his ar$e for my case now then....

Bibio
12-10-10, 04:26 PM
great news.

like your style.

maviczap
12-10-10, 04:47 PM
Whoo hooooo

Good result Rich and you didn't even have to give evidence, which would have been extra stress

Dave20046
12-10-10, 04:49 PM
Brilliant news, quick turn around too!

:D well done

ian505050
12-10-10, 04:52 PM
you won, but all of us on here lost.......... thats another 20p on my insurance renewal next year

Dave20046
12-10-10, 04:58 PM
you won, but all of us on here lost.......... thats another 20p on my insurance renewal next year

Aye, but same if the other guy had won...so good on rich! (bad on insurance cunpanies)

tonyk
12-10-10, 05:49 PM
Congrats.:p

svrich
12-10-10, 07:01 PM
Cheers everyone.
I would have liked to see Andrew Dalton kick some taxi driver ass but not having to go to court has made my life better.
Ian, I'll pay your 20p :rolleyes:
And I just picked up a Fabbri tinted screen cheap to get the sv back to pre-smash state. Things are working out for a change.

Biker Biggles
12-10-10, 07:07 PM
Well done.
Shame it took so long.If they had coughed straight away it wouldnt have cost them all the "costs".

svrich
12-10-10, 07:25 PM
True. I got a costs sheet sent through today, just for information, and they are claiming for over £30,000 :eek:

Dave20046
12-10-10, 07:32 PM
True. I got a costs sheet sent through today, just for information, and they are claiming for over £30,000 :eek:

foook!

svrich
12-10-10, 09:32 PM
And I don't think that includes the fees from the first crappy solicitors that I had that the insurance company sold the case to!
I need to thank you and Nobylad too. Your joint advice when I originally posted enabled me to keep an accurate record of everything, like the pain diary and claiming for all my gear. There ended up being no room for the other side to move. They had no other option to back down in the end. It's funny that they can be so certain that I was to blame for the collision for so long and then give it up two days before the trial.
But, because they have gone this route, the company won't have a CCJ against them as a judge wasn't involved with the decision.

Dave20046
13-10-10, 07:36 PM
No worries. I don't know if my insurance company sold my case to them or whether they actually had the cheek to use a no-win-no-fee solicitor for people who paid for legal assistance when they took out the policy, but I got stuck with ComerCrawley - I'm damn sure the reason it took near enough 2 years was purely down to them. They lost the witness' contact details (luckily I tracked him down a few months later!), they suggested I accepted a split blame settlement which I declined and they also suggested I accepted a low figure which I also declined and eventually ended up with 100% non-fault and a reasonable compensation amount. Getting insurance in the meantime was an absolute nightmare. Appreciate what you've been through!

svrich
14-10-10, 08:27 PM
Cheers Dave. It was, and has been, my only accident and I still can't believe how hard it is to get the right result, and how things can be twisted in teh hands of lawyers.
Right now I should have been getting all up tight about court tomorrow, but now I'm sitting down relaxing and waiting for a lovely cheque to land on the mat.
I'll be dropping the 'Think Bike' stuff into the taxi firm tomorrow afternoon :)

yorkie_chris
14-10-10, 08:31 PM
I'll be dropping the 'Think Bike' stuff into the taxi firm tomorrow afternoon :)

Love it :mrgreen:

svrich
14-10-10, 08:41 PM
It was the only thing I promised myself I'd do when the result came in. And whenever I ride passed him in the morning, have done several times, I'll be giving him a nice grin and merry wave.

STRAMASHER
15-10-10, 08:49 AM
I remember this. Glad you "stuck to your guns" and got a 100%.

Enjoy your fat cheque! ( I retired my BROS650 and bought a Firestorm with mine!)

svrich
16-10-10, 07:58 PM
Cheers.
Was considering something like that but the overdraft and credit card will be taking the majority if my award, and the rest is earmarked forfinishing house jobs like the patio and getting a wood burner and chimney fitted.
Maybe next time :-#