PDA

View Full Version : What a load of crock!

Matts-Yokes
13-10-10, 09:53 PM
;)

Bibio
13-10-10, 09:56 PM
if you are on about what i think you are, then its up to you if you give a discount or not?

speedplay
13-10-10, 10:00 PM
As they say, "the doors not locked" try the gixxer site or the blade site for business.
I know you give the guys here discount, but your still running a business and advertising (essentially) on here.
Admin has the last say so bitching will really get you nowhere.

We are not a democracy.

yorkie_chris
13-10-10, 10:02 PM
So you're giving us such a discount in the hope that we'll recommend you to our mates cos you're such a decent guy. right?

I would go about it a bit differently TBH.

fizzwheel
13-10-10, 10:04 PM
Matt with respect. I think you have misinterpreted the PM you received.

I will place it here in public as I was copied in on what John the site admin and owner sent you

Matt,
Regarding your latest post http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154076

This strikes me as a trade ad and I would appreciate it if you run it past me or the mods first before posting in future.

The reason I ask this is because I'm trying to protect the site from chancers who just sign up to flog their wares and have little interest in the SV or bikes. I know that doesn't apply to you.

The Mods are under instructions to remove trade ads when they see them unless they have a ok from me. They won't get an okay from me unless I've seen the ad or been told about it by the poster.

In this case the Mods have spotted the Ad and are asking me if I've been approached. I've told them to leave this one and said I'd drop you a PM

Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks

John

So as you can see

1. Nobody has asked you to stop posting
2. Nobody has asked you to stop asking our members for help with templates and sizes etc.
3. Nobody has asksed you not give away freebies in return for the help you have had.

All we have asked you to do in order to remove any confusion or risk of your trade adverts being removed is to run any posts or threads selling your product(s) or service past John the site admin and owner first.

If you dont do this, theres a risk that your threads will get identified as an un-authorised trade seller by a member of the moderating team and then they will be deleted. A Situation that I am sure that you dont want.

If you dont feel able to follow that process, that of course is up to you.

I'm not sure where the impression has come from that John has told you that we dont want you to use the forum to advertise on here or offer our forum members your discount.

I'm happy to discuss this in public, out in the open, no hidden PM's no hidden messages, in order that we can try and sort this out amicably.

Please can we keep it to this thread though rather than keep starting new ones.

yorkie_chris
13-10-10, 10:07 PM
Should we buy from our american cousin instead, at least he just throws teddy in private

Enjoy the ride :smt040

Bibio
13-10-10, 10:13 PM
fair play.

if there was no rule on advertising then the forum would be overrun with all sorts flogging their wares.

i think matt gesture was for the good of the members, but rules are rules. i think 'ask and ye shall receive' is not to unfair.

yorkie_chris
13-10-10, 10:30 PM
Fact is you had PM from John... you could have said "sorry, was actually just wanting dimensions but will be sure to check next time before posting"
Instead you have flown of handle about nothing and made yourself look a c**t in front of all your customers.

Look, go read that PM a few more times "I would appreciate it".... "the reason for this" .... that is very different from someone who is laying down the law to you telling you you're not allowed to do things for no good reason.

Bibio
13-10-10, 10:31 PM
yes but you are a business. a quick PM to admin and all is well. i think we all understand the gesture. but you will be profiting from the information (thats why you are in business).

personally i think the gesture was nice. but rules are rules m8.

fizzwheel
13-10-10, 10:33 PM
Its up to you, im fed up with bothering, im not effing advertising, i was asking for help on dimensions..

Which nobody has a problem with you doing as I explained to you above.

Nowhere in the PM that John sent you, does it ask you not to ask the forum for help with dimensions. I'll repeat again we arent saying you cant use the forum to advertise your goods / services / ask for dimensions. A point that it seems to me you are now either missing or over looking.

It was this thread offering headlights for sale

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154076

that started this off, not as you seem to think the thread you posted asking for dimensions.

It got reported in the moderators corner as an unauthorised trade advert which is why we asked you to drop John a PM before you ADVERTISE any further goods or services on the forum. John has taken great pains to explain why we have a policy of not allowing any old trader to come along on here and post away, he also explained that he doesnt consider you to be somebody unsrupulous or of that nature.

You are correct offering 25% discount is a great benefit to our members. Nobodies asking you to stop doing that.

Personally I dont think what you have been asked to do is as unreasonable as you are making it out to be. I also think that with respect you've got the wrong end of the stick.

So to clarify again

1. Carry on using the forum if you need help or dimensions or whatever, you dont need to ask permission from an admin to make a request to get some sizes or dimensions for something you are looking to design and manufacture, we arent despite what you seem to think, actually that petty.
2. If you decide that you wish to continue to offer discount to forum users, thats brilliant
3. If you decide that you want to use the forum to advertise your services or goods, thats brilliant

You are however much you dress it up, using the forum to advertise for free, a service that many other forums charge for, or simply prohbit. Just because you offer a large discount, doesnt mean that rules, or simple courtesy to the admin or moderating team doesnt apply to you. I wander what the cost of a trade ad in a magazine would be that would allow you to reach such a wide consumer / potential market as you have at your fingertips here.

Is it to much to ask you to simply drop John or myself a PM saying

"I have some stuff to sell, I have put a thread up"

I personally dont think we are being unreasonable here.

BanannaMan
14-10-10, 04:54 AM
Rage against the man!
I'm with you brother. I don't think any of the rules should apply to me either! :p

davepreston
14-10-10, 05:51 AM
Rage against the man!
I'm with you brother. I don't think any of the rules should apply to me either! :p
power to the people
viva la revolution
or tbh
meh

SoulKiss
14-10-10, 07:37 AM
Rage against the man!

"What a load!" or "What a crock!" would make sense, but "What a load of crock!"???

D- on the titles...

TBH I think the mods have been VERY lenient on the advertising thats going on at the moment...

DavieSV
14-10-10, 07:56 AM
Are you here for the bikes, the banter or to make money from us?

Out of the 13 threads you have started, 10 are about selling (be it directly or indirectly) and 3 are because you don't agree with admin questioning you actions.

You appear to make quality stuff and look good at what you do.

People have bought from you and the word will spread on it's own. You don't have to ram it home or bitch.

Don't get me wrong, I've sold on here ;) allthough I'm not as good as it as you, I carn't afford 40 grand of equipment, but I'm here for the bikes and banter.

gruntygiggles
14-10-10, 08:11 AM
Matts Yokes, I have to say that while it seems that what you are offering is fantastic, I would now be quite cautious about buying anything from you. Not because I feel the quality would be poor, but because I would question how well you would handle it if I had any complaints or needed something replacing or returned.

This discussion has, by your instigation been conducted in public. The moderators have handled it with the greatest respect to you and as a measure of that respect, probably for you being a long time member, have gone to the trouble of spelling out the facts for you more than once.

The way you have chosen to respond is not, IMHO a good way of presenting yourself or your company to customers.

Your actions on this thread, regarding this or any other topic can directly affect the reputation of your business, so I would think it wise for you to take a breath, make a public apology and hope that any potential buyers reading this (most of the members) forget the way you have reacted to a perfectly reasonable request from Admin and the mods.

If your company and potential sales mean that much to you, you need to show better restraint and instill a little more confidence in your potential customers that they will get good service from you, not bitchy comments.

Mr Speirs
14-10-10, 08:26 AM
Here here GG.
Just posted a similar post in yet another of Matts Yokes whinging threads.

diamond
14-10-10, 08:41 AM
You sound like the shopping channel.

And by the way thats not a good thing.

widepants
14-10-10, 08:43 AM
good grief we get the bloody hint .
Now you are starting to push us away

gruntygiggles
14-10-10, 08:52 AM
No-one is disputing the quality of your products or what you do Matt. You have however acted in a most unprofessional manner on a public forum that could potentially directly affect your sales.

I am not alone in thinking that at the very least, you owe an apology to Admin and Fizz. They have been incredibly supportive of you and your business in the messages that they have made public. You have failed to acknowledge any reassurance from them that you ARE allowed to advertise and you ARE allowed to ask for help with dimensions on this site.

It is now irrelevant how this started or what communications were misunderstood. I would just think it good for your business for you to now either apologise for making a mountain out of a molehill or, just leave it be so as not to make it worse.

With regard to your post above about my wallet suffering if I decide not to buy from you...you are correct in saying that that is my decision. What you are failing to understand it seems is that my posts and a few others have been aimed at helping you to prevent making things worse for yourself.

So, forget my wallet and think about your own because the attitude you are currently displaying could potentially make your business suffer.

widepants
14-10-10, 08:52 AM
Its ok, you wont hear from me again on this thread ;)
Im normally quite calm in here (honest) but when I see people going on and on it comes across as a small child throwin a paddy.If what you sell is as good as you say then it will sell,but going on about it like this does nothing but put people off.
At one time ,whenever I saw you name I thought of your products ,now I think of the above thread.
Customers are so fickle;)

maxinc
14-10-10, 09:47 AM
Matt, I love your products, extremely good example of how things should be maid and sold BUT seriously, you are alienating your fans with such threads.

I would very much prefer you spend this wasted energy on designing those plates instead. I have cash waiting to go your way ;) and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Please be reasonable.

yorkie_chris
14-10-10, 10:22 AM
As you are aware the advert for lights was 1 advert in 15 months (quite a small advertising campaign that wasnt it) and it wasnt even for my own business, plus it took the admin over 3 months to check it and highlight it.

I seem to remember you selling them on the basis that they were your kit and using that to suggest their quality?

Of course I can't go back and check because you just edited all the posts... but never mind...

Reeder
14-10-10, 10:23 AM
This is all a bit pathetic. Grow up Matts

Stingo
14-10-10, 10:40 AM
I wonder if he's:smt102 drunk? Seems like he's writing blindly without reading anything...

yorkie_chris
14-10-10, 10:41 AM
The thought did cross my mind last night... but unless I'm mistaken it's now the morning... and he can't have been that drunk?

hindle8907
14-10-10, 10:53 AM
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo290/hindle8907/3050222155_abbee6fcfe.jpg

Wideboy
14-10-10, 12:13 PM
You've been in the trade 10yrs? then why are you behaving like a 5 year old? the amount of times i read threads and seen your name pop up throwing your toys out the pram is ridiculous. the rules are there and everyone follows them and TBH what the mods have asked of you is nothing considering your getting free advertising. i agree with gg i wouldnt buy anything from you from your behaviour and your little paddies arent doing you any favours. Twice i've seen you take public something that was PRIVATELY messaged to you and one of which was a customer. You strike me as untrustworthy theres certainly no way i'd trust you with my payment details or upholding a warranty.

theres only one problem with your product and thats you. sorry if that seems harsh but your repeated paddys are ****ing anoying :lol:

Specialone
14-10-10, 12:21 PM
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo290/hindle8907/3050222155_abbee6fcfe.jpg

Id love one of them, fencing would be so easy :cool:

DarrenSV650S
14-10-10, 04:21 PM
The quality from our competiton is far lower (lower grade alloy, lower grade bars, lower grade cables, lower grade brakelines) and your wallet will suffer to the tune of around 50% higher price from our non discounted price, plus delivery times are in the weeks not days!

Please don't make me laugh! :smt044

3 months I waited when you originally quoted me 10 days.

Your yokes are great. But your customer service, delivery times and attitude is awful.

I'd rather pay twice what I paid you and get a proper service from a decent company. Rather than having to constantly chase you for parts, and remind you what I ordered, and what colour I ordered.

The mods have been very fair with you. You are acting like a little kid. Companies are built on reputation. Yours won't last long

speedplay
14-10-10, 04:23 PM
Please don't make me laugh! :smt044

3 months I waited when you originally quoted me 10 days.

Your yokes are great. But your customer service, delivery times and attitude is awful.

I'd rather pay twice what I paid you and get a proper service from a decent company. Rather than having to constantly chase you for parts, and remind you what I ordered, and what colour I ordered.

The mods have been very fair with you. You are acting like a little kid. Companies are built on reputation. Yours won't last long

Nice review, polite, informative and to the point:smt023

yorkie_chris
15-10-10, 11:17 AM
Why did he need such special part? I thought he had just put some bars on a GSXR front end?

yorkie_chris
15-10-10, 11:29 AM
Fact is that was Wednesday night you had a shandy... and you were still throwing toys yesterday.
Not for me to tell you how to run your business but you should have more sense than that... especially to then create multiple threads attacking the site owner over a disagreement that lets face it was barely a fart in the bath.

Anyway, regarding dimensions... thought you said to me you would rather go to your local suzuki dealer for some?

mattSV
15-10-10, 11:50 AM
Nobody knows, too be honest 14 sets is alot of parts to sell.

Especially when you pi55 off your biggest audience. :rolleyes:

flymo
15-10-10, 11:50 AM
jeez, what is it you need? Dimensions between hole centers for the pointy?

yorkie_chris
15-10-10, 11:54 AM
Just buy some from US and copy them :mrgreen:

yorkie_chris
15-10-10, 11:56 AM
We must be your favourite forum though cos you give us so much of a discount compared to everyone else surely :P

yorkie_chris
15-10-10, 11:59 AM
So you arent offering dimensions, i have to pay another supplier and wait to get them, i wont be doing that.

Just for record that post was tongue in cheek considering a certain seppos way of doing business

And also for record...
I did offer you use of my bike to take dimensions from and some stock rearset parts to look at the other night.
You PM'd me saying you would rather go to suzuki

Offer is still open... but I have curvy and it seems maviczap is sorting that out for you.

If you want a measure then I'm heading up through lancs today, I need to be in lancaster by 4.30PM... if that is no good I am free all day tomorrow pending hangover and being at daveprestons by 5ish to develop a second, probably rather larger hangover.

P.S I have rearsets on bike and am not interested in getting a set of free plates for myself.

SoulKiss
15-10-10, 12:00 PM
What happened to this???

Its ok, you wont hear from me again on this thread ;)

Anyways...

We dont care about your costs.

We care that you say X will cost Y and be with you on day Z

We care that if X isnt with us on day Z that we will get told an accurate timescale if there has been a delay.

If you quote Y for item X and it costs you amount £ then thats your issue as you underquoted, we dont care if the item "should have cost us £ more.

We are customers, this is what we want.

-Ralph-
15-10-10, 12:36 PM
Obviously if i go and find them myself then no one will be getting a free set but thats all i can do!

Are you offering dimensions? If so i will have them and you can have a free set

Im not interested in knowing if they are a bit different or if they are probably the same, as vagueness means nothing. I am interested in knowing the actual dimensions so they can be checked to make sure.

mattSV,

I appreciate your business as much as you appreciate the discounts, i dont know who told you that this forum give us the most business tho? :confused:

So you arent offering dimensions, i have to pay another supplier and wait to get them, i wont be doing that.

Hmmm, maybe! Maybe not!! :rolleyes:

Matts-Yokes. All this is after midday today. You are not exactly gracious about asking for dimensions, so how do you expect people to want to make the effort of going out to their garages and do some measuring? On the promise of a free product that hasn't yet been designed, never mind manufactured and in stock? A product that the majority of people you are asking, weren't seeking to buy anyway, so a free one is little motivation? You'd definitely get these dimensions on this forum, if people wanted to help you, but I doubt the majority would want to help you now anyway. Somebody might take pity on you if you are very lucky and get the dimensions just to shut you up.

You are still being a tit, FFS man do yourself a favour and zip it.

fizzwheel
15-10-10, 12:48 PM
jeez, what is it you need? Dimensions between hole centers for the pointy?

A spade to dig that hole he has got himself into a little deeper perhaps...

on a serious note

This all started because:

John (admin) was talking about the headlights thread from 3 months ago

I was talking about the free footpegs thread - Oh well!!

We cleared that up yesterday!

Matt I'm glad we have got that cleared up.

Milky Bar Kid
15-10-10, 12:59 PM
You are still being a tit, FFS man do yourself a favour and zip it.

Never a truer word spoken!

Milky Bar Kid
15-10-10, 01:12 PM
"If you quote Y for item X and it costs you amount £ then thats your issue as you underquoted, we dont care if the item "should have cost us £ more."

Ralph,

I did it at the cost i wanted to charge, i am not saying i wanted to charge more. I did it at this price as the guy is a forum member. If he went elsewhere he would pay higher costs IF he could even get someone to do it!

It was SK who posted that. Ralph was talking about the dimensions.:rolleyes:

SoulKiss
15-10-10, 01:22 PM
"If you quote Y for item X and it costs you amount £ then thats your issue as you underquoted, we dont care if the item "should have cost us £ more."

Ralph,

I did it at the cost i wanted to charge, i am not saying i wanted to charge more. I did it at this price as the guy is a forum member. If he went elsewhere he would pay higher costs IF he could even get someone to do it!

Then its INCREDIBLY unprofessional to bitch about the cost to you - the £65 overspend should NEVER be mentioned.

I guarantee that if he had wanted it badly enough, he would have gotten it from somewhere, even if he had to pay more.

yorkie_chris
15-10-10, 01:24 PM
Just as an aside... the whole discount thing... I think people are so used to hearing "the new 75% off sale..." et cetera that it has no meaning any more.
Fact is the "discount" depends on the "initial" price... which you set... so any discount is theoretical. Fair sales tactic, everyone does it... but I don't think it's very effective as it's not 25% less than comparable products.

E.g the fork conversions I do... I don't say "50% off to forum members" and simply double the "price"... I just charge for them and if people think it's fair they pay it.

-Ralph-
15-10-10, 01:27 PM

Ralph,

32C0eKRQVt8

flymo
15-10-10, 01:37 PM
32C0eKRQVt8

I love that :-)

gruntygiggles
15-10-10, 01:52 PM
I can't believe this is still going on and I can't believe Matts-Yokes that you do not have the intelligence to know when to shut up.

It is totally irrelevant how big a part of your custom base this forum makes up. Use your head man. Lots of members on this forum are also members on other SV forums. Most also have other bikes and are members on more than one forum related to that other bike. Mud sticks and you are creating an incredibly negative reputation for yourself and your company here.

Man up and shut up. If you have any business partners, I would hope and pray for you that they don't ever see your conduct on these pages.

I will add, you have never hidden the name of your company, so I'm going to go out on a limb and do you a favour here...remove the link from your profile before you annoy someone so much that they let your colleagues know what a pr4t you're being. As much as I would not want to employ you to do any work for me while you persist in being so argumentative, I would not wish for your unsuspecting colleagues to suffer a lack of business due to your conduct.

Bibio
15-10-10, 02:12 PM
you have lost a sale.

maviczap
15-10-10, 02:41 PM
I think for all our sakes this thead ought to be locked, as its just turning into a slanging match :(

Milky Bar Kid
15-10-10, 02:46 PM
I think for all our sakes this thead ought to be locked, as its just turning into a slanging match :(

On the contrary, I don't think it is. I think the forum members are offering fair advice to Matt but he is refusing to listen. No need for the thread to be locked as it is nothing like a slanging match, no insults or inappropriate comments are being made.

SoulKiss
15-10-10, 02:46 PM

Oh be quiet and pass the popcorn :p hehe

hindle8907
15-10-10, 02:48 PM

ill have some of that if its toffee :smt040 ...

maviczap
15-10-10, 02:51 PM
On the contrary, I don't think it is. I think the forum members are offering fair advice to Matt but he is refusing to listen. No need for the thread to be locked as it is nothing like a slanging match, no insults or inappropriate comments are being made.

Its going nowhere, and completely pointless :smt019

Reeder
15-10-10, 02:52 PM
Its going nowhere, and completely pointless :smt019

Here here

maviczap
15-10-10, 02:52 PM

I've got custard creams. Popcorn will be served later :smt019

ArtyLady
15-10-10, 02:54 PM
mattSV,

I appreciate your business as much as you appreciate the discounts, i dont know who told you that this forum give us the most business tho? :confused:

Good point!! as most of them don't have SVs anymore! :lol:............................

(sorry couldn't resist it ;))

maviczap
15-10-10, 02:58 PM
Good point!! as most of them don't have SVs anymore! :lol:............................

(sorry couldn't resist it ;))

Yes, well pointed out. If you're not riding an SV any longer you can't post on this thread any longer ;)

( I know MBK still has hers, but rides her CBR :-D, hence I didn't write 'Owns' :cheers:)

Milky Bar Kid
15-10-10, 02:59 PM
I also still occasionally ride the SV! So there!

maviczap
15-10-10, 03:01 PM
I also still occasionally ride the SV! So there!

Doesn't count sorry :smt019 You're trying to sell it :mrgreen:

Milky Bar Kid
15-10-10, 03:02 PM
Not just now I'm not!!! Won't again til about March time! SO THERE!!!

maviczap
15-10-10, 03:06 PM
Not just now I'm not!!! Won't again til about March time! SO THERE!!!

OK, I'll rephrase it. You've been trying (unsuccessfully) to sell your SV ;)

xXBADGERXx
15-10-10, 03:11 PM
To be honest I can understand the sheer work that Matt has to do to make even the simplest thing on a CNC machine and what it entails . OK .... so things got off on the wrong foot and I would put it down to a misunderstanding and , hopefully , within time it will all blow over . Just seems to me that a few have come in here just to add fuel to a fire that is already going out . I would have no problem in recommending his stuff , not everything can be pure perfection in this fickle world but you can only try your best .

maviczap
15-10-10, 03:14 PM
Just seems to me that a few have come in here just to add fuel to a fire that is already going out

Yep +1

fizzwheel
15-10-10, 03:30 PM

Normally I would agree, but as Matt saw fit to start slagging off the admin / mod team in public, the thread stays.

I've been accused before of locking threads and covering up things. The feedback we had was that as an admin team we needed to be more transparent, so transparent it is, hence why I posted the PM that was sent to Matt a few pages back.

He had his chance to sort this out with John or I behind closed doors, but choose to make his beef public. Therefore the fallout stays public to.

I would respectful ask though that we do try and stick the point and not make this personal.

Seems to me this misunderstanding has been cleared up. So perhaps we may all move on from without resorting to thread lockage and let the thread drop away.

DarrenSV650S
15-10-10, 03:38 PM
Darren,

Yes the delivery time was longer for your one off yoke, the other companies wouldnt even consider making it.

Its a shame but stuff like that always takes longer as we have to make time re-designing it (which i didnt charge you for) and i made a new jig for it as the riser spacing had to be altered also.

In total your yoke which was quoted as a standard part (less an extra 25% discount) and i was happy with that as you are a member on here, took an extra billet for the jig (which we probably wont use again) and design time so i should of charged you £65.00 more. But i didnt.

Like i said no other company would even consider doing that for full price plus the extra cost (£210) even for the extra cost, so although the delivery time was longer the price was low and the quality of the item better than is (not) available elsewhere.

Im glad you have realised the quality is fantastic and the price is incredibly cheap. If you understood what is involved and how busy we are you would also understand why it took longer than first expected, you dont understand that side of things tho obviously and im sorry about that!

I never asked for a custom yoke. I asked for a gsxr600 yoke. Which is what I seem to have, going by the pictures on your website.

Bibio
15-10-10, 03:43 PM
does this guy just like spiriting brown stuff from his mouth or what.

keep digging m8. you will eventually reach 6'.

-Ralph-
15-10-10, 04:12 PM
There are sometimes fine lines between fuelling a fire, being insulting, and giving damn good honest advice. Unless you know which side of those lines various contributors to the thread stand on, it's perhaps better not to speculate.

maviczap
15-10-10, 04:22 PM
Normally I would agree, but as Matt saw fit to start slagging off the admin / mod team in public, the thread stays.

I've been accused before of locking threads and covering up things. The feedback we had was that as an admin team we needed to be more transparent, so transparent it is, hence why I posted the PM that was sent to Matt a few pages back.

He had his chance to sort this out with John or I behind closed doors, but choose to make his beef public. Therefore the fallout stays public to.

I would respectful ask though that we do try and stick the point and not make this personal.

Seems to me this misunderstanding has been cleared up. So perhaps we may all move on from without resorting to thread lockage and let the thread drop away.

Fairy snuff Fizz

Bibio
15-10-10, 04:53 PM
even more great customer relations.

tinpants
15-10-10, 05:03 PM
Christ on a bike!! Is this still rumbling on and on and on and on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FFS, sort your customer care out dude. OK, you do a great product but you seem tov have a lot to learn about looking after your customers. If you don't like dealing with customers then thats fine, but get someone to do it that is better at it than you seem to be. If I spoke to my customers like you have in this thread, I'd have none left in pretty short order, and with good reason too. Abide by the rules mate, thats what they're there for.

Bibio
15-10-10, 05:33 PM
fair enough.

your still defending yourself even though you were in the wrong.

pathetic.

Reeder
15-10-10, 05:33 PM
Bibio,

I actually dont want you as a customer. It works both ways :confused:

Matt - You sir are a first class t**t.
Just shut up. Go take your business somewhere else as clearly you've lost any kind of customer base here.

-Ralph-
15-10-10, 05:40 PM
What's his website? Just so I know who to avoid.

diamond
15-10-10, 05:43 PM
I can get you the dimensions for a Ducati if your interested, it's just i think you may well have to diversify away from SV's cos you've acted like such a tool you are unlikely to sell anything on here after this.

Bibio
15-10-10, 05:48 PM
Matt - You sir are a first class t**t.
Just shut up. Go take your business somewhere else as clearly you've lost any kind of customer base here.

agreed with first part. but if he wants to sell here let him after all his products are rather good.

i'm just trying to get him to realise that he is not helping himself. but it seems that its beyond his capability.

at no point has he mentioned that he has been in the wrong. or even realises he is alienating potential customers.

i could go on and on and on, but i think 'ill call it a day with this one.

Matt if you even care, i would suggest that you change your attitude towards people.

-Ralph-
15-10-10, 06:05 PM
agreed with first part. but if he wants to sell here let him after all his products are rather good

It's not up to any of us whether he sells here.

But as Cheryl said much earlier in the thread, a sale is about more than just a product. What happens when he sends you the wrong order, or the courier screws up, or....

I can't stop him being here, but I wouldn't recommend him to any other forum member.

Specialone
15-10-10, 06:10 PM
IMO things are getting a little bit out of hand and out of context.

Things look like they have been sorted now so maybe we should stop wasting our valuable time on this.

husky03
15-10-10, 06:16 PM
i've just read the complete thread-man what a waste of 10 minutes-
advice 1
-if you don't like the way the site is run leave, if you don't like to stick to the rules decisions made by the mods leave,if you make an error of judgement man up and say so-if you can't do that leave.
advice 2
-if you don't want his product don't buy it -simples

Wideboy
15-10-10, 06:17 PM

yeah!! im liking the new fizz!! :cool:

maviczap
15-10-10, 07:26 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs6/f/2005/042/6/4/bored.gif

gruntygiggles
15-10-10, 08:01 PM
As I've been mentioned above, for the record, I will just say the following.

Everything I've said has been supportive of Matts-Yokes and his company, simply in advising a little better conduct and how this may affect his company, not just him.

As an active member of the forum, whether it's my place or not, I will comment on what I see fit to comment on and seeing Admin and Fizz endure ridiculous comments, I chose to give them my support.

My choice and I stand by it, I don't really care what others think of those comments, we're all grown ups, at least most of the time ;-)

Lets hope the weekend will act as a good tonic for the feeling in this thread. :-)

maviczap
15-10-10, 08:31 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOUzy93LdC9T76Brzd3bzpa735SndBx RLwNJMzrEPR83ZCMJk&t=1&usg=__yMyu7Xf30q927-trvx96Piub38k=

SoulKiss
15-10-10, 10:19 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOUzy93LdC9T76Brzd3bzpa735SndBx RLwNJMzrEPR83ZCMJk&t=1&usg=__yMyu7Xf30q927-trvx96Piub38k=

Think its more like this tbh...

http://raoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/double-facepalm.jpg

maxinc
15-10-10, 11:54 PM
Probably not supposed to judge people although it seems to be the human nature and can't really fight it. But if you have to judge someone, judge it for what he / she is to you and now for what you think him / her should be.

Matt proved himself a very good / skilled craftsman and I won't hesitate to get more stuff from him because I know the quality is what I would expect (I would even pay more). I know there will be an element of risk involved if something goes wrong with my order but I'm willing to take my chance. There is always an element of risk weather you order from the states or from an well trained **** kissing sales representative who doesn't give a damn about you or the products he sales.

I for one am not impressed by anyone's selling skills and how good he / she is in manipulating your emotions. If the product is good value and quality is great ... is all that matters and it should be for all of us. So ok, PR is not one of his strengths but can we concentrate on ourselves and our needs and give the man a break now?

I am not working for Matt nor have any affiliations with him. I am not even on the list for the silly plates although I think I sent him my measurement for my '09 SV (about 55mm) some time ago.

Milky Bar Kid
16-10-10, 03:12 AM
Can I just say Maviczap, for one so bored of the thread, why keep posting and not just click "unsubscribe"?

Ed
16-10-10, 08:46 AM
Whatever, it makes for great spectator sport:D

maviczap
16-10-10, 08:49 AM

My final post

RkZC7sqImaM

-Ralph-
16-10-10, 09:29 AM
Whatever, it makes for great spectator sport:D

:winner:

It's certainly gone that way now. But then I always have loved the circus.

mattSV
16-10-10, 10:56 AM
mattSV,

I didn't say this forum gave you the most business, I said the biggest audience - in terms of SV riders in the UK, and hence potential new customers - I hope that has cleared up your confusion.

You won't be getting my business because:-

1) I don't have an SV
2) Your customer service and attitude stinks.

yorkie_chris
16-10-10, 02:01 PM
maviczap you now have vested interest in this 'cos you're getting free sh*t... so bugger off and stop spamming crap and let us get on with it.

I OTOH don't honestly care and am quite happy to discuss things for my own entertainment.

mattSV,

So you give us "biggest discount" because we are biggest potential market and best advert? Now you try to play down our importance to you... talking down to your customers saying "I'm bigger than you" doesn't strike me as polite, or intelligent.

Just to put things in perspective you may be selling some shiny stuff... but anyone can simply swap the yokes for naked versions or weld on some risers... it's not hard, you're not the only one in the world who can do this. Sort your head out and stop being a primadonna.

yorkie_chris
16-10-10, 02:03 PM
Bibio,

Contribute something interesting or mind your own business!:confused:

Some firms pay a fortune for PR feedback and consultations... you just got some for free.

Possible customer you don't want just did you a favour out of the goodness of his heart and you tell him to mind his own business... not very nice is it?