PDA

View Full Version : Mines faster than yours

dizzyblonde
14-10-10, 08:32 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/loubi650/Oliver%20Andreas%20Hadjiktori/DSC01715.jpg

:mrgreen:

minimorecambe
14-10-10, 08:37 PM
:smt055

Shellywoozle
14-10-10, 08:38 PM
Awesome, how cute ;-)

missyburd
14-10-10, 09:33 PM
That's cos Oliver's will be powered by nitrous...sorry methane gas :P

dizzyblonde
14-10-10, 09:39 PM
PARP:driving:PARP

Smudge
14-10-10, 10:39 PM
Where did you nick the mini sumo from lol

Bibio
14-10-10, 10:50 PM
the one on the left looks like our Logan when he was born.

gruntygiggles
14-10-10, 11:04 PM
the one on the left looks like our Logan when he was born.

That is baby Oliver, the fast one :-)

They look so cute Lou x

dizzyblonde
15-10-10, 10:52 AM
Where did you nick the mini sumo from lol

Thats Freya, my six month old neice. Squeeze her cheeks and she might just pop like a ripe ribena berry:D

Owenski
15-10-10, 10:54 AM
is it faster cos its red?

Maxi Cosi - Cabrio Fix ;) thats what we're after - good choice dIzeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dizzyblonde
15-10-10, 11:03 AM
Mines not a maxi cosi. Its mothercare own. Full travel system, was £180. Three wheeler.

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Vesta-3-Wheeler-Travel-System/dp/B002GCIZ48/sr=1-9/qid=1287140551/ref=sr_1_9/278-6752156-0576023?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42805041&mcb=core

If this one was half price back then, I'd have had it. But we got the maternity grant, so bought the pram with it.

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Xtreme-Travel-System/dp/B0030G8B7U?extid=catlp_pushchairs_main_banner

Owenski
15-10-10, 11:13 AM
my bad, looked at the pic then started typing. The maxi cosi is the black one.

Fits into the mothercare my3 which we jus picked up "cheap like the budgy" from ebay. We only got the pram and chassie though, prefereing to buy a new maxi cosi to ensure its never been in a bump or dropped etc.

Very good deal on your pram though, the my3 brand new would have cost the previous owner £375!!! bloody scandalass prices involved with this whole having a baby thing. ;)

dizzyblonde
15-10-10, 11:24 AM
I'll give you a tip, pop into Mothercare at Crown Point shopping centre Leeds and try out all the pram. The car seat we have is half the weight of a Graco one for instance...trust me, with a baby in it, you kinda notice.
Also, as this is my second child, I learnt paying big bucks doesn't always give you the best option for your personal needs. The car seats are expensive and aren't used for long. Our three wheeler fits into tiny places and a person with a c section can lift it, and move it on the go as its really light, the same for the car seat, I'd have trouble if it was heavier, and Oli is only 7lb 1 now

oh yeah, and I really recommend one of those daddy day care pouches.:-) Peg loves carrying Oliver around in ours. Got it cheap from TK Max of all places, 17 quid. They sell them in Argos apparently too

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3984501/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C14417537/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701330%7CPushchairs,+prams+and+carriers% 7C14417542.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:3984501 %7Ccat:nursery+%3E+pushchairs%2C+prams+and+carrier s+%3E+baby+carriers

This one is really good quality for the price, I've had one before but it wasn't half as well made, or thought out.

Owenski
15-10-10, 11:37 AM
lol, we did exactly that!

Popped down to crown point, had the lady explain all the pro's cons etc then allowed us to play with all the different brands/models they had in there. thats what made us settle on the my3+maxi cosi but she wasnt too impressed with our "yes we're buying the my3 but not from here"
+1 we're not wanting to spend big bucks, hence why ebay has been a winner for us so far.

The prices of things off the shelf is astronomical though, really eye opening walking around mothercare and they're asking for £30 for a bath support.

Another good place we've been shopping are the NCT sales which pop up all over the place, saved a packet on moses basket with stand and some other bits by buying from there.

dizzyblonde
15-10-10, 11:48 AM
Have you thought of popping into the Mamas and Papas head office discount shop? You can go in there on a good day and pick up some great bargains, others no to. Cots are dirt cheap. We had to get the best travel cot we could get, as we don't have room for a permanent cot in this house, or a moses basket either. The travel one we got is suitable from birth and has a nice nightlight and noises thing on it, great for grumpy sleeper Oliver!

Luckypants
15-10-10, 11:55 AM
Have you thought of popping into the Mamas and Papas head office discount shop?

Where is that Lou? My lad has moved to Yorkshire and is expecting their first come February. As they are brasic, anything cheap will be helpful.

Ohhh in fact they got a second hand mamas and papas cot IIRC, so if they can get a new mattress there cheap, that would be brilliant.

Any other money saving tips would be helpful too!

dizzyblonde
15-10-10, 12:04 PM
Where is that Lou? My lad has moved to Yorkshire and is expecting their first come February. As they are brasic, anything cheap will be helpful.

Ohhh in fact they got a second hand mamas and papas cot IIRC, so if they can get a new mattress there cheap, that would be brilliant.

Matresses. Well as I have a travel cot, and the mattress is like a Yorkshire flagstone, I went here.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10751&msg

Mothercare wanted 30 quid for one that was the thickness of an oven glove! I paid the same for one that is an inch thick and resembles what its supposed to do!
I think, IIRC, the matresses on sale here, are recommended for whatever brand and cot you wish to use it with, which is handy. You'd have to research a bit on the site.

The mamas and Papas shop is only small, but at times has some gems in it. Best going mid week, as Saturdays its a nightmare and full of people.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=mamas+and+papas+head+office+huddersfield&ie=UTF8&hq=mamas+and+papas+head+office&hnear=Huddersfield,+West+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.692641,-1.725883&spn=0.10205,0.307274&z=12&iwloc=A

Its easy to find, if you are heading from the 3 nuns pub, towards Huddersfield, its past the Landrover Dealers and left at the next lights. Mini roundabout turn right.

collis
15-10-10, 12:16 PM
i'm sorry but mine is WAAAAAY faster than yours:
http://forums.sv650.org/picture.php?albumid=690&pictureid=4922
Pops wheelies and all, shame he dont have a license yet and AGV/Shoei dont make helmets to fit.

Edit, sorry for crapola quality, was taken on my phone

maviczap
15-10-10, 12:17 PM

Never buy anything brand new unless you really must. Our youngest daughter still gets use out of her elder sisters clothes. Stuff she's too big for has been given to her cousin.

Some of the clothes hardly ever get worn. So ask friends or family if they've got any stuff.

I've loaned a mate a cot and got it back once his kids grew to big. I've still got it in the loft amongst other baby stuff which my daughters might need.

Plenty of good baby stuff gets reycled on Freecycle or Feegle

http://freegle.org.uk/

Owenski
15-10-10, 12:21 PM
Have you thought of popping into the Mamas and Papas head office discount shop? You can go in there on a good day and pick up some great bargains, others no to. Cots are dirt cheap. We had to get the best travel cot we could get, as we don't have room for a permanent cot in this house, or a moses basket either. The travel one we got is suitable from birth and has a nice nightlight and noises thing on it, great for grumpy sleeper Oliver!

Yeah the one on the way in to hudds.

We went there the same day tbh, lots of it looks like its there only breifly and once its gone its gone. Some good discounts on the mamas an papas main store but tbh a lot of it was effectivly brought down to the standard prices at mothercare, waht with m+p been so damn expensive to begin with lol

Luckypants
15-10-10, 12:38 PM
Never buy anything brand new unless you really must. Fair play to them, they are pretty thrifty - they have no choice. They just bought a second hand pram, for instance. Taid* here (that's me BTW) has chipped in as the baby's first xmas pressie to help with that. The cot they have is off Ebay, so they just want a new mattress for it. Dizzy's tips on where to buy a mattress will be helpful.

Sorry dizzy, this has turned into a right thread hijack!

* Taid = Grandad in Welsh :D

maviczap
15-10-10, 12:43 PM
Fair play to them, they are pretty thrifty - they have no choice. They just bought a second hand pram, for instance. Taid* here (that's me BTW) has chipped in as the baby's first xmas pressie to help with that. The cot they have is off Ebay, so they just want a new mattress for it. Dizzy's tips on where to buy a mattress will be helpful.

Wish I'd known all I know now about buying baby stuff

Thing that does cheese me off, is baby stuff in Germany was really cheap and better quality than here. It might not be the case now with the Euro rate, but I do think it was a case of rip off Britain.

Sorry Dizz, lovely pic by the way

maviczap
15-10-10, 12:43 PM
* Taid = Grandad in Welsh :D

Opa in German ;)

dizzyblonde
15-10-10, 12:46 PM
No probs you two. TBH if its useful to anyone else, so be it :-)

Stingy Northerners always have money saving tips, we all need it ;-)

missyburd
15-10-10, 05:10 PM
haha, LP's gonna be a grandad! :-P

Luckypants
16-10-10, 10:27 AM
Laugh it up my dear, I'm well chuffed! :smt019 :-D

missyburd
16-10-10, 10:45 AM
Laugh it up my dear, I'm well chuffed! :smt019 :-D
hehe i bet, am chuffed for you! :)