PDA

View Full Version : £750 to watch the mens 100m Olympic final

flymo
15-10-10, 12:35 PM
They are seriously having a laugh.

TV it is then.

maviczap
15-10-10, 12:39 PM
Yep, but the top ticket price is £2000, guess its for the opening ceremony?

Mountain biking price which isn't far from me is only £20

Reeder
15-10-10, 01:04 PM
I'd pay £750 to say I'd seen the 100m final.

maviczap
15-10-10, 01:06 PM
I'd pay £750 to say I'd seen the 100m final.

Yes, but would be your money or your employers money :p seeing as you work on that side of things? :-D

Reeder
15-10-10, 01:08 PM
What are you implying! ;)

maviczap
15-10-10, 01:09 PM
What are you implying! ;)

Creative Accounting :D

Richie
15-10-10, 01:13 PM
100m mens final last 10 seconds, so £75per second is not a bad price :0)

G
15-10-10, 01:37 PM
Thats for the top price 100m final tickets...presumably right at the front on with your eyes level with the finish line. They start at £50 according to the website.

flymo
15-10-10, 01:41 PM
Thats for the top price 100m final tickets...presumably right at the front on with your eyes level with the finish line. They start at £50 according to the website.

dont be trying to kid me that the press would dramatize something like this, I'm not having that!

keithd
15-10-10, 01:54 PM
supply and demand :)

Jimmy2Feet
15-10-10, 02:02 PM
I was really looking forward to being able to go see some track and field! but it sure is not going to be a final of anything! i think swimming would be very good day to go to as well!

Reeder, what is it you do then? are you working on the games them-selves?

Reeder
15-10-10, 02:08 PM
Noooooooo... I'm in the accounts department at work

Jimmy2Feet
15-10-10, 02:09 PM
Ah i see! haha!

Ed
15-10-10, 03:48 PM
supply and demand :)

Objection your honour...

It's funded by taxpayers and as I'm a taxpayer I've paid for it already so I shouldn't have to pay twice.

Anyways if I wanted to go it's at least £40 (cheapest fare) on the train from Shrewsbury to Marylebone, plus the underground fare, plus it's a night's overnight stop, so much pricier. Annoying that people who live elsewhere in the UK are overlooked.

maviczap
15-10-10, 05:09 PM
Annoying that people who live elsewhere in the UK are overlooked.

Yes, its a pain Ed, although just for a change its not too far for me to go and see some of the cycling events, especially as the Velodrome is on the East side of the smoke.

In the future I'll be able to go to track events that could only held on the Manchester track, which put me in the same dilema as you Ed

Fizzy Fish
16-10-10, 08:56 AM
Objection your honour...

It's funded by taxpayers and as I'm a taxpayer I've paid for it already so I shouldn't have to pay twice.

Anyways if I wanted to go it's at least £40 (cheapest fare) on the train from Shrewsbury to Marylebone, plus the underground fare, plus it's a night's overnight stop, so much pricier. Annoying that people who live elsewhere in the UK are overlooked.

London taxpayers are paying even more towards hosting the events that everyone else is, and get to put up with all the disruption, so I guess it's only fair that it's a bit easier to get to if you want to go along. And it's actually the Olympic authorities who want everything to be close together around the host city...

Anyway if you want to be near the action, you shouldn't live in the middle of nowhere :smt064

Or you could start a campaign for Shrewsbury 2020 :wink:

timwilky
16-10-10, 12:33 PM
I am just glad I am well away from it, absolutely no interest.

It is bad enough when they shut roads round here for people run run/cycle on. Even stopping home owners going to/leaving their homes etc. All so others that have absolutely no connection with an area can ride/run down the road.

Years ago, when I worked in Paris, my hotel room went up by 100 quid/night just because they were hosting the world cup at the time. so I expect the unscrupulous of London will also be looking to rip off people unfortunate enough to be in that city when the Olympics are there. God help us if we get the world cup as well.

maviczap
16-10-10, 02:56 PM
Years ago, when I worked in Paris, my hotel room went up by 100 quid/night just because they were hosting the world cup at the time. so I expect the unscrupulous of London will also be looking to rip off people unfortunate enough to be in that city when the Olympics are there. God help us if we get the world cup as well.

Absolutely guarenteed. Had a hotel booked in Liverpool booked during Euro 2000? Confirmed booking, got there, sorry sir we don't have any record of your booking.

Luckily my colleague had the foresight to bring a copy of the fax confirmation, and by a miracle our reservation was found

Otherwise we'd have been kipping on Lime Street, where the footie fans who were queing in front, behind and to the side of us in the hotel lobby would be going.

Unless of course they forked out mega bucks

2012 will be much worse