PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into football memorabilia?

MisterTommyH
16-10-10, 12:21 PM
I've just cleared out my dads loft and found a letter signed by Matt Busby on Man Utd headed paper from 1966.

Anyone got any idea what this is worth? Or where I could get a valuation? Don't really want to put it on fleabay without some idea of what reserve would be sensible.

Soccerbid.co.uk also want me to tell them what I want for it? Don't really want to do that when I have no idea - want to get much for the old man as I can.

minimorecambe
16-10-10, 12:24 PM
Found this info -

"George Best signed FDCs (£90) have doubled recently since his untimely death. I expect in years to come George Best may well become as sought after as Bobby Moore the 1966 World Cup winning captain. Prices have now softened a little but I expect this is temporary phase. Bobby Moore now fetches up to £750 on a 1966 World Cup FDC with Wembley postmark and I am sure will remain popular even if we win the cup again. Great football managers Sir Alf Ramsey (£250), Matt Busby (£150) & Bill Shankley (£150) are very popular if you can find one! There are a number of 1966 pieces signed by the remaining 10 members for sale as they have been attending many autograph shows and I am sure these may well appreciate in the future."

But here it says £35 - http://www.nwfootballmemorabilia.co.uk/pages/autographs.htm

So I havnt been any help at all!!!

tigersaw
16-10-10, 01:32 PM
Whats an FDC?
I have George Bests autograph on the back of a complimentary beer voucher, my dad was well miffed thats all he had at the time he was chatting to him