PDA

View Full Version : AR11 - Where to have it? You decide!

Messie
01-11-10, 08:27 AM
Time to get voting people of the .org.

Where do you want to go for our Annual rideout 2011?

Ed's proposal in Shropshire - see http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=159129

Or Orose proposal in Yorkshire - see http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=159310

Get voting. Poll closes in 2 weeks, on Monday 15 November

Messie
01-11-10, 12:30 PM
Interesting...

14,421 members
1,246 active members
4 hours

8 votes!!!!

monkey
01-11-10, 01:10 PM
Chill Winston! Lots of people are at work, myself included and I'm going to wait until I can see the proposals on the big screen. Is everybody aware proposals have been er... proposed?

Raf
01-11-10, 01:10 PM
Interesting...

14,421 members
1,246 active members
4 hours

8 votes!!!!

It's called due diligence...

Messie
01-11-10, 01:29 PM
'Due diligence' hahaha hehehe :) :) :)

This is the org. People will chose the destination based on a mixture of favourites, stereotypes, prejudice and bloody awkwardness, as usual!

Luckily one person one vote so all of the above should be neatly balanced out lol

Viney
01-11-10, 01:30 PM
I voted for the shropshire for the pure reason that i missed it in 2005 and even though we done the 07 one in the car (Which was fun and dry) still go for shropshire. Sorry Orrose

Quedos
01-11-10, 01:35 PM
Sorry guys Yorkshire gets it for me I know i can get there in a day and not be crippled for a week after it. Though Wherever it may be I'm going to make a decent effort to make But NOT the first week in July. That totally messes up GM!

lily
01-11-10, 01:36 PM
Sorry guys Yorkshire gets it for me I know i can get there in a day and not be crippled for a week after it. Though Wherever it may be I'm going to make a decent effort to make But NOT the first week in July. That totally messes up GM!

don't worry you will be there wherever it is! :D

orose
01-11-10, 01:53 PM
I'm abstaining, naturally...

Milky Bar Kid
01-11-10, 02:16 PM
Meh...I don't really care where it is!! I'm easy!

Ed
01-11-10, 02:16 PM
I'm abstaining, naturally...

You're allowed to vote for yourself y'know:D

SoulKiss
01-11-10, 02:47 PM

LOL - Just cos you did :p

Me I dont really care, it will be good any which way :)

kellyjo
01-11-10, 03:23 PM
voted!! My decision is based purely on the fact that ive been to one of the areas a few times, but never to the other so would like to see somewhere new.

But by hook or by crook, i'll be back on 2 wheels and attending wherever we end up :p

Thanks to both Ed and Orose for their proposals xx

WeegieBlue
01-11-10, 03:46 PM
I voted Yorkshire, purely for geographical reasons. I'm sure that wherever it's held it'll be brilliant.

dizzyblonde
01-11-10, 04:33 PM
Thanks to both Ed and Orose for their proposals xx

I'll just point out, that Ollie has taken over the reins from me, its the same place I proposed originally, just so folks know, as an awful lot of folk did seem to be rather interested in the place.

davepreston
01-11-10, 05:15 PM
im having nothing to do with this entire debauckle
not one venue has a 24hr bar or strippers (and no grinch and bear dont count)
but i will take over the reins from yc to sit and for no reason insult everything both preposers have planed
now wheres my beer and angry hat

;)

Messie
01-11-10, 05:30 PM
im having nothing to do with this entire debauckle
not one venue has a 24hr bar or strippers (and no grinch and bear dont count)
but i will take over the reins from yc to sit and for no reason insult everything both preposers have planed
now wheres my beer and angry hat

;)
LOL trouble maker!

You'll be there hunny, come what may xx

Lissa
01-11-10, 05:30 PM
Interesting...

14,421 members
1,246 active members
4 hours

8 votes!!!!

Maybe, like us, some people will go if they can regardless of where it is held, so don't see any point in voting? :smt102

Both proposals are great, we'll go with the flow. :cool:

Messie
01-11-10, 05:31 PM
Maybe, like us, some people will go if they can regardless of where it is held, so don't see any point in voting? :smt102

Both proposals are great, we'll go with the flow. :cool:

Well fair point Lissa, sort of .... unless it's in Essex of course ;)

orose
01-11-10, 06:02 PM

Didn't want to distort the results, so I'm saving it for 50-all 2 hours to run ;)

SoulKiss
01-11-10, 06:07 PM

LOL - Just cos you did :p

Me I dont really care, it will be good any which way :)

Another thing....

When I typed "settle google map" into google (cos I wasn't exactly sure where we went 3 years ago) I got this link...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105744989853208362096.000448446a5810a753158

Ed, anything to confess?

Ed
01-11-10, 06:51 PM
Ed, anything to confess?

Yeah. Bloody well feckin rumbled.

If you scroll down you'll see my directions to the Lego shop:smt038

Ed
01-11-10, 06:53 PM
Didn't want to distort the results, so I'm saving it for 50-all 2 hours to run ;)

The hell you are:D

Treacle
01-11-10, 06:54 PM
I'm easy, but we already know that.

slark01
01-11-10, 07:07 PM
Well my wife and I decided not to bother having a holiday next year, but looking at Ed's venue, I think we will make that our holiday and do a full week there. So Ed has my vote.
God help everyone that meets my daughter AJ. :-)

Ste.

orose
01-11-10, 07:32 PM
The hell you are:D

Rumbled again... no matter.

gruntygiggles
01-11-10, 08:01 PM
I will not be voting....after doing this years, I'm just going to go with the flow and enjoy it wherever it is! :-)

Both look fab, so can't wait either way! xxx

tinpants
01-11-10, 09:47 PM

Is that a fact??? roflmao!!!

Milky Bar Kid
01-11-10, 10:44 PM

Don't make me start calling you bellend again....:smt070

Shellywoozle
01-11-10, 11:05 PM
Get the dates chosen asap so I can book them off ..... else I will sulk forever if I cant go !!!

I dont care where it is :-)

Good effort Ed and Orose tho ... fankoo xx

Littlepeahead
02-11-10, 12:33 PM
I don't mind where we go as long as it doesn't clash with work. So please please please avoid Saturday 2nd June, Saturday 2nd July and Saturday 23rd July as there's no way I can get these dates off. Stupid cricket. You'd think with head coach Andy Flower owning an SV he'd realise that ride outs are more important than Test matches.

Messie
02-11-10, 12:57 PM
Poll for dates will be up as soon as we've sorted which venue.

Again it'll go with the majority

Raf
02-11-10, 02:16 PM
'Due diligence' hahaha hehehe :) :) :)

This is the org. People will chose the destination based on a mixture of favourites, stereotypes, prejudice and bloody awkwardness, as usual!

Luckily one person one vote so all of the above should be neatly balanced out lol

I cannot answer for others, just for myself. I do remember having lots of fun in settle. Although that might have been attributed to the fact that I got very drunk. However, I was also having a lot of fun when the Shropshire AR happen though not in Shropshire. The fun was had in germany as I was there for the world cup. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

:smt112

Are you implying Sir that her reputation although unjust is not without foundation?

Don't make me start calling you bellend again....:smt070

:smt104 Are you trying to make a play with words or have you seen something that can't be unseen?

Poll for dates will be up as soon as we've sorted which venue.

Again it'll go with the majority

Are we aiming for august again?

Stig
02-11-10, 03:30 PM
Being able to vote for both might have been a good idea? I really don't mind which one so that leaves me not wanting to vote at all so as not to influence the vote either way. Hmmm

Messie
02-11-10, 05:51 PM
Yup I see you point Stig but not voting for either has the same effect in the end.
When voting closes, if it's realy, really close, I'll have a look at the number of people who said 'either, don't mind'. Don't know what I'll do with that information though!

So, I guess the message is 'if you realy don't mind which one, then vote for neither'

WeegieBlue
02-11-10, 06:02 PM
Yup I see you point Stig but not voting for either has the same effect in the end.
When voting closes, if it's realy, really close, I'll have a look at the number of people who said 'either, don't mind'. Don't know what I'll do with that information though!

So, I guess the message is 'if you realy don't mind which one, then vote for neither'

Surely, unless it's a tie, the winner wins??

-Ralph-
02-11-10, 08:07 PM
My works head office is in Leeds, my second home is a hotel in Leeds city centre, I'm now committed to spending two days a week there, and can arrange my diary for the Friday before before and the Monday after around the AR weekend, and be at the campsite with a beer in hand 40 minutes after leaving the office on the Friday night.

I've also never seen much of the Yorkshire Dales

So it's Yorkshire for me. Sorry Ed, just geography.

orose
02-11-10, 09:06 PM
I wish you lot would stop apologizing to us... I'm not adding anyone to my list just because they fancy shropshire over yorkshire ;)

-Ralph-
02-11-10, 09:49 PM
I wish you lot would stop apologizing to us...

Wouldn't have apologised to you if it were a Shropshire vote ;)

monkey
02-11-10, 10:01 PM
I wish you lot would stop apologizing to us...

Sorry.

combatfred
03-11-10, 09:45 AM
Hadn't voted, coz was easy either way, but now planning on doing AR (Friday to Sunday) then riding down to catch the ferry to Bilbao for a couple of weeks in the sun. Ed's venue means no rush to get moving on the Sunday and a shorter run to Portsmouth.

Ed
03-11-10, 10:29 AM
I wish you lot would stop apologizing to us... I'm not adding anyone to my list just because they fancy shropshire over yorkshire ;)

+1, but read it as Yorkshire over Shropshire.

I ain't canvassing, and if Yorkshire wins then I won't go throwing my toys out the pram. OK well maybe just an ickle bit:D

Messie
05-11-10, 04:52 PM
Well, even taking into account those who really don't mind one or the other places so they haven't voted, I think that slightly more than 47 people will end up going to this ride and party next year.

Although it's a simple majority that wins, like any election, I firmly believe people should say what they want.
After all - if you don't vote you can't moan!!! :) :) :)

Bluefish
06-11-10, 09:28 PM
Mebe you should change the thread title so peeps know that the poll is open, it's pretty hidden imo.

BernardBikerchick
09-11-10, 06:20 PM
oh but i don't know !! i don't know !!!!!

orose
10-11-10, 08:25 PM
Bump to the top, as the poll closes on Monday morning...

barwel1992
11-11-10, 01:08 PM
done ;)

AndyBrad
12-11-10, 02:37 PM
looks good orose :) Shame the votes going the other way as peope would be missing out on some fantastic places. I think i saw somewhere that yorkshire was voted one of the top ten reasons to own a bike :)

Tim in Belgium
12-11-10, 03:10 PM
Yorkshire does seem to have been catching up a little.

Fruity-ya-ya
12-11-10, 04:24 PM
I'm open to bribes as Christmas is on its way :santa:

Nah, voted Yorkshire & Orose of course.

Fruity-ya-ya
12-11-10, 04:25 PM
Not that I'm knocking Ed's sterling work ;)

Drew Carey
12-11-10, 05:32 PM
Oooooooooo....getting closer now. Going down to the wire!!!

darkdreamsgal
12-11-10, 05:42 PM
Both look good - I'm sitting on the fence!

keith_d
12-11-10, 07:02 PM
Voted for Yorkshire. So, either I'm a masochist or I think it's time the northern contingent had an AR within reasonable riding distance. (my definition of reasonable, not Mark's :-))

BernardBikerchick
12-11-10, 08:11 PM
ooooooooostp i've just made it equal lol lol!

rob13
12-11-10, 08:13 PM
Yorkshire every day of the week for me. Can we pic ***** to influence?

Bluefish
12-11-10, 09:42 PM
yorkshire in t lead, ey by gum lad :D

fenjer
12-11-10, 10:05 PM
*Bump*

I'd not have noticed this if I hadn't clicked the "new posts" link...

Yorkshire for me - because next year is stupidly busy and I'll not make it all the way to Shropshire, Yorkshire may well be doable though!

monkey
12-11-10, 10:36 PM
This is more exciting than X factor!

minimorecambe
12-11-10, 10:45 PM
Anything is more exciting than Xfactor!!!!!

Paul the 6th
13-11-10, 08:04 PM
xfactor is on right now! And yorkshire is in the lead by 10 votes! Brrap kapow.

dizzyblonde
13-11-10, 09:02 PM
Well who'd have thought that people actually like a blonde idea!!

Much prefer this to VVVVAAAAAAGneeer anyway ;)

Ed
13-11-10, 10:04 PM
*Bump*

I'd not have noticed this if I hadn't clicked the "new posts" link...

Yorkshire for me - because next year is stupidly busy and I'll not make it all the way to Shropshire, Yorkshire may well be doable though!

Shropshire is about 120 miles down the road. Or, 2 hours.

monkey
13-11-10, 10:17 PM
Bugger me, they're both a fair distance away from me.

Where did my proposal to have it on my balcony disappear to?

Messie
13-11-10, 10:28 PM
Well Viney suggested it as part of his M25 proposal, but it didn't get any further than the drawing board stage.
Hold that thought for AR12!

toxic
14-11-10, 05:20 PM
I voted for Yorkshire, purely 'cause it's closer to me and my 1st AR would be less stressful than it could be if it was further away. Selfish reasons really.
The Dales are good roads and can we stop for chips in Hawes and upset the locals?

orose
14-11-10, 05:28 PM
Think stopping in Hawes is off the menu, unfortunately - the village isn't big enough for all of us ;)

dizzyblonde
14-11-10, 05:59 PM
Think stopping in Hawes is off the menu, unfortunately - the village isn't big enough for all of us ;)

Besides, its about two minutes over the hill from the campsite, so it be a right quick ride to the chips for lunch!

toxic
14-11-10, 06:37 PM

A pity, I was going to suggest a Mad Max re-enactment of when they all reverse park their bikes and then rev them until Toecutter signals them to kill their engines. I bags to be Toecutter!

orose
14-11-10, 06:41 PM
Any of that sort of behaviour, and you'll be the night rider... :p

toxic
14-11-10, 06:44 PM
I do like to lay down a rubber road straight to freedom, so I can dig that. ;)

orose
14-11-10, 06:48 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of being chased out of town by the plod and spending the rest of the film in a box ;)

toxic
14-11-10, 07:03 PM
:smt076

that's the trouble these days, no sense of fun among law enforcement

dizzyblonde
14-11-10, 07:28 PM
oh i dunnoooo, lots of them on here with a GSoH!

timwilky
14-11-10, 10:07 PM
Orose

sort out yer route.

I recon t'org has t'do buttertubs. Those that survive wiv nerves intact o'er lunch in t' mucker can be invited t' do big boys ride out next day.

Big boys from camp site :-

t'bridge then oer t'Kendal fer Shap and then down Kirkstone and then oer Hardknott & Wrynose, lets sort men from boys without crowbars.

Ed
14-11-10, 10:09 PM
Oh? I thought the proposal was for Yorkshire, not Cumbria.

timwilky
14-11-10, 10:15 PM
Ah ed, that the beauty of Yorkshire. It is next to places with decent rides.

And Buttertubs is definitely Yorkshire. and if it is still there a nice place to eat at Simonstone Hall. The pigeon breast was very nice last time I was there.and the wild boar absolutely delicious. Plus an excellent wine cellar. But a few years since I last dined there. so might be forced upto Kirby Lonsdale as one of my favourite local chefs has acquired an executive chef position in that village and getting good reviews in the Lancashire life.

-Ralph-
14-11-10, 11:04 PM
and then down Kirkstone and then oer Hardknott & Wrynose, lets sort men from boys

Think I'm bringing the XT again.

danf1234
15-11-10, 09:14 AM
Yeah YORKSHIRE

dizzyblonde
15-11-10, 09:30 AM
Orose

sort out yer route.

I recon t'org has t'do buttertubs. Those that survive wiv nerves intact o'er lunch in t' mucker can be invited t' do big boys ride out next day.

Big boys from camp site :-

t'bridge then oer t'Kendal fer Shap and then down Kirkstone and then oer Hardknott & Wrynose, lets sort men from boys without crowbars.

Ah ed, that the beauty of Yorkshire. It is next to places with decent rides.

And Buttertubs is definitely Yorkshire. and if it is still there a nice place to eat at Simonstone Hall. The pigeon breast was very nice last time I was there.and the wild boar absolutely delicious. Plus an excellent wine cellar. But a few years since I last dined there. so might be forced upto Kirby Lonsdale as one of my favourite local chefs has acquired an executive chef position in that village and getting good reviews in the Lancashire life.

LOL:p, Buttertubs was mentioned last night in convo, along with Tanhill. I said if I can do the Tubs on a new SV, behind two Hardly Driveablebikes and a YPVS blowing blue smoke every where, surely the org could manage......but then there was only four of us and not 100:rolleyes:
And also going the other way was spoken about, as rightfully so, Cumbria is only next door, its like popping into Wales from Shropshire ;)

Messie
15-11-10, 12:03 PM
Congratulations Orose (and Lou). We'll all look forward to riding around the lovely county of Yorkshire and having a brill time

Thank you so much Ed for all your hard work. Your plans were great too, and i suspect we may not have heard the last of them (AR12?)

Roll on 2011 :)