PDA

View Full Version : Bike cover or no bike cover?

ryansv
14-12-10, 04:48 PM
First post:

Newbie to forum and riding :)

Just having a wonder if to buy a bike cover or not. My bike is garaged but was wondering if it is worth gettin one and if so what ones are decent.

Stig
14-12-10, 07:28 PM
Depends if your garage is heated or not. If not then I would say no. Putting a cover over it helps cause condensation when the temperature rises and drops. You could find your bike will rust quicker with a cover than without. The fact it's in the garage I would have considered enough. Just my personal opinion.

no_akira
14-12-10, 09:24 PM
Decorators dust sheets all always handy if your garage gets erm, dusty and is chock full of crap and old bikes ("projects") !

They are only cheap, £10 for 3.5m x 2.5m. Double it over for a bit more padding and protect the paintwork, say from that mountain bike you bought 5 years ago and used once then hung on the garage ceiling.
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/search/decorating+sheets?_nkw=decorators+dust+sheets&_sacat=0&rfn=1

ryansv
15-12-10, 08:48 AM
Thanks for your opnions. My garage is not heated so might not bother with a proper cover. A protective sheet seems the way forward :)

tom-k6
15-12-10, 08:51 AM
welcome to the forum ryan,
what sv you got mate?

if there is no more room in my garage i put my gericke cover on, but +1 on the condensation with heaters,
you still riding in this weather?

ryansv
15-12-10, 08:55 AM
Thanks tom, gotta black curvy on a W reg.
Went out last saturday as weather was halfish itching to get out only got it in September and we hav'nt excatly had nice weather since.
You still riding yours mate?

tom-k6
15-12-10, 09:01 AM
yea not stopped since 2days ago when some rather rude peice of aluminium in the road cause me to have a gash in my tyre and now got to carry my wheel on a bus across to coleshill and get myself a new tyre lol

i got a 55'pointy in shiny blue, not seen you about mate, but most likely will, im always flying around through the city centre and erdington areas

ryansv
15-12-10, 09:12 AM
I live in water orton right next to Coleshill ha. What a rude piece of metal!
Dont think i have seen you either mate

BernardBikerchick
10-01-11, 11:14 AM
helllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo