PDA

View Full Version : Just finished (finally) tidying my tail tidy!

daveyrach
18-04-11, 06:40 PM
So back at the beginning of Feb i bought my current Curvy, had been used as a racer but converted back to a road bike and was a bit unloved with lots of rusty bolts and a mashed exhaust. It had a tail tidy wit rusty bolts and a manky looking number plate. So i set about cleaning her (pics posted previously). Then i though i'd tidy the tail tidy as it were by replacing the bolts with shiny new ones and gettin a new plate (yes i know it a big std size plate), once i started i realised there was no number plate light it had been unplugged and the lead was no where to be seen so i ordered LED one. Finally fitted it this evening 2 weeks after starting the job lol. Here are the results.......

I know its not the best TT i've seen either but it looks OK. Next job is to polish that downpipe now the good weather seems to have arrived and change the stupid Euro headlight someone decided to fit when changing back to a road bike!

sv4me
18-04-11, 08:24 PM
Looking good

Now you did remember the obligatory drilling of the ECU when fitting a tail tidy, right? ;)

daveyrach
18-04-11, 08:29 PM
Lol I have seen tht, I didn't fit it but the ECU is fine.

WeegieBlue
18-04-11, 09:16 PM
I may be wrong, and someone may well correct me, but I think you need a red reflector on the bottom of your plate to pass an MOT.

daveyrach
19-04-11, 08:46 AM
I may be wrong, and someone may well correct me, but I think you need a red reflector on the bottom of your plate to pass an MOT.

Just looked it up, it would appear you are correct!

Thanks didn't know that!

speedplay
19-04-11, 08:51 AM

Depends if you have a d1ckhead mot tester or not...;)