PDA

View Full Version : Finally we shined my downpipe, Top Yolk

daveyrach
27-04-11, 06:09 PM
So thought i'd post a few new pics of my bike and finally i have polished up my downpipe, i say I but my wife did most of it, she even cleaned it all over while i did the school run.

Added a tank pad to:

And finally my new top yolk (care of Husky03) and my home made yolk protector:

svdev
27-04-11, 06:17 PM
membership to the shiny pipe club is awarded to your wife :D

nice bike btw.

Vindaloo
29-04-11, 11:35 AM
What did you use to do the downpipe?

Adrian

dizzyblonde
29-04-11, 11:44 AM
yolks are in eggs:rolleyes: Yoke dear yoke!

membership to the shiny pipe club is awarded to your wife :D

nice bike btw.

Hey thats my line......gonna have to watch you, you got my bike, you can't be captain of the club as well:smt016:smt005

Have to say though, thats one hell of a good effort...women see, they're the best at getting shiny things shiny!
What did she use?

Vindaloo
29-04-11, 11:47 AM
Well and truly corrected ;-).

I'm now trying desperately to resist making a "What did you use to clean the downpipe?" "My wife" joke.

But failing.

Adrian

daveyrach
29-04-11, 11:52 AM
Well firstly I used Optiglanz stuff from hein gericke and a scourer it seems to eat the rust and any baked on crud, then WE used autosol metal polish and a lot of rubbing with cloths and a dremel power tool with polishing wheel fir the tough bits. Then my wife cleaned the rest of the bike while i went to get our daughter from school

dizzyblonde
29-04-11, 11:55 AM
:smt037 I was jesting with you....but you did say, she did it;)

This optiglanz stuff, is it the same as that which is described in Robchesters thread?

I uses elbow grease and autosol, along with barkeepers friend, doctor powaaahh sometimes, wet n dry...elbow grease hurts you know!

daveyrach
29-04-11, 11:57 AM
I know it was in jest, cnt have it look like i dnt look after my bike myself lol

Yes tis the same stuff thought i'd give it a go and it is brill, dnt need a lot either

dizzyblonde
29-04-11, 12:05 PM
Shouldn't need a lot on my pipes at all then, Suzy's is pretty much up to standard, but never had a polishing wheel near it like Dave did, might try some on her.
Raptor is a different matter, as its a substandard quality of steel to start with, I got it from the dealer with a superb shine, but within ten miles it was brown again. It does have a glimmer, but only because I keep the crud buildup at bay.

How much is it again?
Probably a good thing to have in the cupboard as a periodical blaster, so the elbow grease is easier to use inbetween ;)

daveyrach
29-04-11, 12:44 PM
I paid £13