PDA

View Full Version : My First Bike

SuperFuu
09-05-11, 08:39 AM
She arrived yesterday morning by van, as Im not yet licenced... Much of yesterday afternoon spent sitting, stroking, drooling and planning... Im in love and cant wait to do my DAS. :smt050

RichT
09-05-11, 08:41 AM
Nice - now go get your DAS sorted. :D

Geodude
09-05-11, 09:48 AM
Nice bike SuperFuu black naked curvys are the shizz :D shameless excuse for a pic of mine ;)

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/geodude_album/southshields2.jpg

You got your das booked yet?

SuperFuu
09-05-11, 10:00 AM
Thanks chaps - No not yet booked, im up to my eyes working my day job and "on-the-side" stuff weekends and evenings... its this that payed for the bike, but as soon as i have some breathing space I am going to go get the theory done and crack straight on with the DAS. Hopefully i should be riding in a couple of months time.

Nice bike there - youre right, black nakeds are the shizzle.... seem to be fairly few and far between too, ive not seen many naked sv's but when i do theyre nearly always blue.

So when im road leagal Im thinking Renthal bars (not sure which ones are the closest to the standard suzuki ones.. anyone?)
Bellypan - powerbronze i expect
Maybe twin Bates head lamps but not sure on this as yet
Seat cowl
Fender Extender
New mirrors
and at some point a replacement can so people can hear me, its got a standard pipe at the moment which is perfectly fine for now.

You got any thoughts on these minor tweeks, or maybe id be better spending my money on fuel and riding it :o)

Geodude
09-05-11, 10:16 AM
Yeah not many around. It took me a long time to save for my das but was worth it in the end as i cant think of anything that i would rather have spent the cash on.

Renthal ultra lows are the closest match to oem
Fender extender a must (but you could just fashion your own)
Fuel and play more important than bling ;)
All my extra bits after the above were bought from ebay very cheap or they wouldn't be on the bike :) above all have fun and ride safe etc :D

SuperFuu
09-05-11, 01:14 PM
Thats some good advice, yep DAS aint cheap and even then im gonna need to buy a lid, trousers, gloves, boots... so its not gonna be easy to get out for the fun part too soon, but saying that I have the bike now so whether its this summer or next spring at least that part of it is done :o)

mister c
09-05-11, 02:25 PM
Naked Curvy.... Good man :)
Can let you off with it being black, Yellow is the way forward ;)

Luckypants
09-05-11, 02:40 PM
Nice bike - I like black nekkids. :D

sv4me
09-05-11, 02:47 PM
Ooh...ooh me next :D

http://i54.tinypic.com/16i8t8p.jpg

Black nekkid curvys rule welcome to the club :cool:

Reeder
09-05-11, 03:32 PM
Should have gone for a pointy, but I'll let you off seeing as you're also black and naked ;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/221652_10150194289243489_515608488_6838511_3369230 _n.jpg

SuperFuu
10-05-11, 07:03 AM
/edit

SuperFuu
10-05-11, 07:13 AM
sv4me - is that a powerbronze bellypan and cowl? nice bike btw.

reeder - pointy faired or pointy naked? faired not my bag really i like it in its birthday suite, and couldnt afford nor justify the money for a pointy, its a weekend and summer commuter/toy rather than main transport.. and i have all my kit plus training to pay for yet... ill get there eventually :o)

Reeder
10-05-11, 08:40 AM
Naked pointy ;) I hate the faired ones normally. They just look odd!
So you got the bike before all the kit and training?! Nice :D That's one way to do it!

Fruity-ya-ya
10-05-11, 08:48 AM
Naked is how nature intended it!
B...e...a...u...tiful.;)

My wife wanted me to buy new (who would argue) but I had my eye on a lovely naked curvy as my first 'proper' bike.

SuperFuu
10-05-11, 11:45 AM
yeah - cbt a couple of months ago as the place i called on the Friday said we have a spot Saturday morning so i thought why not - ive worked pretty much every weekend since... i spend most Sundays either in Fowlers, Bristol or George Whites, Swindon browsing kit... so yes ive done it all a bit backwards but the end result will be the same...

Ive just finished reading the "always wear your fkin leathers" thread, from start to finish.... so this Sunday ill be going to try on a forcefield back protector.. that thread has made me wonder if all of this is a good idea at all, but i feel commited to be in the biker crowd despite the risks.... my family do not share the same ambitions.

leebex
10-05-11, 07:56 PM
If you think about the negatives too much you wont want to ride, keep it in the back of your mind to help stay safe, but dont let it stop you enjoying biking as it is so much fun.

If we listened to all the horror stories we wouldnt get out of bed, but then theres loads about beds, so you wouldnt get in one either :smt082

sv4me
10-05-11, 10:36 PM
sv4me - is that a powerbronze bellypan and cowl? nice bike btw.

Thanks :) its a powerbronze bellypan and a pyramid plastics seat cowl (the best looking cowl by far IMO)

Good luck with everything, don't let doubters put you off as they can't appreciate how much fun riding a bike is. It becomes less of a hobby, more a way of life :cool:

Oh and I had the cowl, screen, exhaust and numberboards ready for my ninja before I even took delivery so you're not the only 1!

MR UKI (1)
10-05-11, 10:49 PM
Should have got a naked silver thou instead :D

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab159/Towser44_photo/Aug%202010%20-%20North%20Wales/NorthWales-August2010006.jpg

sv4me
10-05-11, 10:59 PM
Pah, they did the primer and then forgot to put the paint on ;)

ps paul get yourself out on the 21st we'll be doing that road!