PDA

View Full Version : I am officially a hooligan

Amplimator
23-05-11, 08:36 PM
This is making me be very naughty indeed...

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7671/img0356pd.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2955/img0384lv.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5145/img0333tw.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2383/img0331ty.jpg

Costing me an absolute fortune in bling too! Still to fit full race system and a few other performance bits once its fully run in. Keep finding more carbon for it! :rolleyes:

Owenski
23-05-11, 08:39 PM
drrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllll

so you wont be needing that ktm anymore? you wanna ship it or should I collect ;)

Specialone
23-05-11, 08:41 PM
You should've bought G's off him, he had all the carbon bling on his already and sold it at a massive loss.

maviczap
23-05-11, 08:42 PM
M'mmmmmmmmmmm

Black & Gold traditional Ducati colours, lovely

Amplimator
23-05-11, 08:42 PM
drrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllll

so you wont be needing that ktm anymore? you wanna ship it or should I collect ;)

Mate that went a coupla weeks ago :(

I really miss the KTM, more than the street triple TBH. But i will get another sometime in the near future.

kaivalagi
23-05-11, 08:46 PM
Very nice, I bet that'll sound scrummy with a full race system on it!

I really miss the KTM, more than the street triple TBH. But i will get another sometime in the near future.
I'm smitten with my KTM, I wont be saying bye for some time to come I don't think...

I never did test ride a Hypermotard, I would have got a 796 if I could get further on a single tank and it had ABS...but that's not the point of them really is it ;) The SMT was a good compromise for me to go mad on occasion or do long distance. I need some new cans myself though! not Akro's but something a little cheaper as I would need to remap and then the MPG drops further.....

How thirty is she? Especially in these early hooligan days...I'm getting 30 MPG on a naughty day :lol:

aarond
23-05-11, 08:52 PM
wow... em excuse me a moment ;)

Amplimator
23-05-11, 08:59 PM
You should've bought G's off him, he had all the carbon bling on his already and sold it at a massive loss.

I really wanted G's bike. :sad:
But i just knew i couldnt get rid of my 2 bikes in time and didnt wanna mess the guy about. The good thing about buying a new one was having a blank canvas to create my own.

Very nice, I bet that'll sound scrummy with a full race system on it!

I'm smitten with my KTM, I wont be saying bye for some time to come I don't think...

I never did test ride a Hypermotard, I would have got a 796 if I could get further on a single tank and it had ABS...but that's not the point of them really is it ;) The SMT was a good compromise for me, I need some new cans myself though! Not Akro's though as I would need to remap and then the MPG drops further.....

How thirty is she? Especially in these early hooligan days...I'm getting 30 MPG on a naughty day :lol:

Well my KTM was a lil different to yours ;)

To be fair, if i was going places and commuting or doing europe i wouldnt have even considered the Hyper. But im a weekend warrior/fair weather rider. I just ride the twistiest roads about, i don t really go far.

As for MPG shes great at the moment. But i am running her in, im sure she will be appalling once i can stretch her legs esp with the full system/race ECU setup i have bought. But frankly, i dont care. Actually i cant wait!

Oh and how dare you sir! Owning a (sexy) KTM with no Akros? Thats like having meat and no veg! (or vice versa) :p

kaivalagi
23-05-11, 09:15 PM
As for MPG shes great at the moment. But i am running her in, im sure she will be appalling once i can stretch her legs esp with the full system/race ECU setup i have bought. But frankly, i dont care. Actually i cant wait!

So you don't follow the motoman notion of breaking a bike in hard? See here: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I went for the middle ground, and gave the bike a little more than I would otherwise once warmed up...I basically caved in to the hooligan in me

Oh and how dare you sir! Owning a (sexy) KTM with no Akros? Thats like having meat and no veg! (or vice versa) :p
I know, I know...but have you see how much a 990 Akro setup is, I am being patient for now but I suspect I'll go for a JC Exhaust or another that other KTM owners have had success with...I will stick with the standard map and just swap for noisy cans when the time comes....I am also tempted to get a TuneECU lead for the bike, no need for a power commander to fiddle, open source software to map editing is available :)

edit: don't know about you but I don't see myself ever going back to a sports bike again....I can get into enough trouble on the SMT...

Amplimator
23-05-11, 09:31 PM
I found that on my past few bikes running them in by the book they seem to use less oil. But that could be just luck lol.

As for the slip-ons, you will prolly need the slip-on akro map if the pipes you decide on are straight through jobbies. You just know though, that whatever cans you get you will wish you went with the akros (or at least a set of wings cans)

Reeder
23-05-11, 10:36 PM
Is it the compound of the tyres or are they the biggest chicken strips in history :D?!

Beautiful bike though & can't even imagine what it would be like to ride one. It's one bike where carbon really doesn't actually look that tacky!

Those wheels and the single sided swingarm... NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Amplimator
24-05-11, 06:34 AM
Those are the biggest chicken strips in history. The bike has done a grand total of 102 miles. :p

G
24-05-11, 07:54 AM
Looks sweet, they are a damn sexy bike.

You've got some nice subtle carbon extras already 8)