PDA

View Full Version : another build thread (long term)

barwel1992
01-06-11, 08:09 AM
ok so this is like my 3th build thread (equates to how manny times iv crashed :p )

but this time i havn't crashed ..... no this time its all planned (sort of)

this is going to be a long running thread as what im planning to do will be over the next year or so.

so the plans are as followed

get new rear tail unit and spray tank,tail,under tray,seat cow (unless i go single seat unit) and belly pan (when i get one)

will be then stripping the bike down to parts and having the frame and subframe powdercoated (and laquerd so gloss black)

will be making some adjustments to light brackets, and redoing the vapor wiring as the fuel light still dons't work and the other lights are dull

will also hopefully be getting a leo full system at some point (must be high level) and get the bike mapped

or instead of the above build my self an ohlins shock ;) ttx

so those are the plans

most know what my bike looks like but considering this is the photo section i will post the pic up

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/barwell1992/IMAG0048.jpg

_Stretchie_
01-06-11, 08:13 AM
I will be watching this young man...

** EDIT **

As in that's me telling you "I will be watching this", not me saying "I will be watching this young man", like I will be watching you through yer windows and stuff coz that'd be strange

I'm going to stop talking now

barwel1992
01-06-11, 08:16 AM
haha ^

ohh and i kind of want to port (clean up) the head a bit but dont know if i can be bothered

Geodude
01-06-11, 11:09 AM
Nice one Dan i shall look forward to seeing how this develops :D

barwel1992
01-06-11, 11:13 AM
id love to do something mad like nos but i dont thing the crank could take it, would be fun though possibly catch some SS600s out :p

ohh also want to lighten the fly wheel and uprate the clutch as i can make it slip at the moment (not adjustment)

and change the swing arm

god the list gets bigger and bigger

Geodude
01-06-11, 11:14 AM
Big turbo ;) I will be taking notes :)

barwel1992
01-06-11, 11:16 AM
haha big turbo small engine dont think that would work to well lol the cr*p thing about the sv is theres not much space to put stuff

i doubt if iv got enough money after all that (body work is priority) but bigger throttle bodies would be cool lol

ps the sv is long term and i will get a bigger bike at some point

andrewsmith
01-06-11, 12:15 PM
Dan NOS! You know it makes sense

Owenski
01-06-11, 12:31 PM
Dan NOS! You know it makes sense

lol I wa gonna suggest turbo, NOS should do it :)

andrewsmith
01-06-11, 01:06 PM
lol I wa gonna suggest turbo, NOS should do it :)

and how long until we see this again?

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/barwell1992/P1040538.jpg

Bibio
01-06-11, 01:29 PM
that monoblock is really nice but the grass on the left is a bit crap.

Sally
02-06-11, 10:18 AM
that monoblock is really nice but the grass on the left is a bit crap.

Heh :notworthy:

TamSV
02-06-11, 10:57 AM
I'd go for Feed n Weed. Make sure you aerate the soil and water it regularly. Should be looking good by the end of the season. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Love these gardening threads. :p

barwel1992
02-06-11, 11:12 AM
haha lol !

well if you look where the fence is up the top of our drive were having a private drive put in that goes through the trees/fence down to the main road, then the patch of dirt is going to be block paved as well

yorkie_chris
02-06-11, 11:32 AM
Don't uprate the clutch, just fix it. They don't slip when something isn't broken.

Why fanny about? Fit some clocks that let you see any fault codes, because you were riding around with it running in fault mode for months. Get some bored out throttle bodies and a leo system from Zoran so it can make some power. Why do you want to build your own TTX? Conventional is fine and lots more people know what they are doing with them when it comes to valving and such. Plus they're f***ing dear.

Lightening flywheel, not much to take off TBH. You can get BDK race genny if you want to gain. I am just looking at taking half of magnets out of stock, but with injected motor you need more amps, probably not suitable for general use.

Oh and revalve forks while you're at it

punyXpress
02-06-11, 11:58 AM
haha lol !

well if you look where the fence is up the top of our drive were having a private drive put in that goes through the trees/fence down to the main road, then the patch of dirt is going to be block paved as well

Time for a ' go hug a tree ' rideout, methinks?

yorkie_chris
02-06-11, 12:05 PM
#nudge nudge wink wink#
http://twfracing.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=1175

barwel1992
02-06-11, 07:30 PM
^ oooo i would but dont have the pennys atm

iv got a job at bg motorsport ben can valve the shock and it would be cost price ;)

yorkie_chris
03-06-11, 01:30 AM
Pm me what is cost price of TTX

barwel1992
03-06-11, 07:40 AM
will get it next week, stuff like valves RRP at £60+ cost is more like £10 some of the stuff isn't that bad like the rez ect

im thinking it might need some machining doing as they may not do the correct fitment as of yet (havn't got that far) but all i know is the shock will be a kit form as they dont do a ttx for the sv

Bens making one at the moment for his dorsoduro with a bit of custom fab

yorkie_chris
03-06-11, 10:44 AM
I don't know about dorsudoro suspension, I made mistake of riding one and lost all interest :P
Seeing what ohlins are like I am very surprised they would sell you parts for a £1000 shock for less. Normally parts are 3x price of whole shock.

barwel1992
03-06-11, 03:44 PM
only when you are a customer buying from ohlins we are a authorised service agent and custom shock builder so get every thing for the same price as ohlin's does, they also give us free stuff, we do have to qualify each year though and sell a certain number of units they make there mark up on the fact its like 10k a year to use there name and a % of our prophet

Lol i wanted to ride the dorso but also no linger intrested the sxv550 on the other hand ....hmmmm

yorkie_chris
03-06-11, 04:22 PM
That is why I am not keen on ohlins. I don't have the money that they'll talk to me :-P

Penske on other hand, you ring importer, they tell you what you want to know and then sell you parts at reasonable rate. None of this funny handshake b*llocks!

I like the TTX principle though, just like a TL1000 rotary except it's got an ohlins badge on it so more people have tried and succeeded to get them to work properly :-P

You have shock dyno?

orose
03-06-11, 04:53 PM
Daft question coming up... the sun is shining outside pretty much all across the country, so why on earth are you taking the bike to bits again?

Get out there and ride the wheels off it ;) Winter is for spannering...

barwel1992
03-06-11, 11:13 PM
yup have damper dyno and vacume filling chamber stuf like that

LOL bikes not going off the road yet