PDA

View Full Version : Halvarssons safety gloves

Bibio
02-06-11, 03:44 PM
i took the plunge and got a pair.

this thread will be an ongoing review of these gloves.

i got them from Vcustoms who were kind enough to give £20 off first order so i thought what the hell. they arrived this morning in a plastic postal bag with a bit of bubble wrap around them. on first inspection they look ace nice and supple with good stitching and they look the doggys doodaz. but its all down hill from there. putting them on was my first disappointment for the day as they are sized small. they are a size 9 which is 9'' so should equate to 9'' around the hand at the widest point near the knuckles. when i measured my hand its 9'' with comfort so i would say they are more like an 8. things started to get worse after this as i tried to do up the wrist strap, now bear in mind that i have skinny wrists but to say that the straps were to short is an understatement. they are tiny and about as much use as a chocolate fire poker so i reckon i'll be cutting the feckers off. next up is the lining which is their hi'art. all i can say to this is that its bloooody itchy. not a good start to a pair of gloves that are £96. i'll be testing them out on the bike sooon so stay tuned folks.

oohhh and if you were wondering about me sending them back and getting another pair then feck that i have to pay for the postage there around £4 and back and back is £7.99, i'm not happy about this and i think it will be the last thing i ever buy from vcustoms. its not my fault that they are sized wrong but i'm having to pay for it. stuff them i'd rather keep them and give someone else my trade in the future. if i don't like them then some orger with smaller hands will be getting a bargain.

Bibio
08-06-11, 10:22 PM
update:

been out on the bike with them and done about 400 miles now. they have eased off a little but still on the tight side. was out in some rain for about 3 hours and they stayed dry inside, they state that they are not waterproof but they have done a pretty good job in fact they are better than the spada enforcers i have. the lining is no longer itchy and are actually quite nice on the skin. they are soft and supple and give reasonable feel of controls. if it were not for the fact that they are sized smaller than they should be i would be delighted with them.

i'll persevere a little longer to let them settle in a bit more but i fear that i will be wasting my time. Halvarssons has sent out a pair of size 10 to a local shop for me to try on and if they fit then i'll let these ones go for a good price that is unless they will exchange them which i very much doubt.

christopher
09-06-11, 08:18 AM
I bought these from Hideout Leather (Halvarssons Safety Gloves) (http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/halvarssons-motorcycle-safety-gloves). Also a size 9 and mine fit well. I'd agree about the straps but I've gotten used to them now. And they're really not waterproof in a heavy downpour but fine in light rain. Feel a little bulky but not enough to make using the controls awkward or anything like that.

I've come off in them (at around 50mph) and the knuckles have a couple of scrapes and the leather around the wrists is a bit scuffed but apart from that they're like new. My hands didn't have even the slightest scrape or strain afterwards.

I also purchased the Halvarssons Dino Gloves (http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/halvarssons-motorcycle-dino-gloves) and these are amazingly comfortable and give great feel. These get worn the most by far (unless it's cold, then the vents aren't so great as hands freeze!).

I kind of wish I'd have only got the Dino's and then got a proper waterproof second pair instead of the Safety, but don't regret it as they do what they're meant to and putting petrol station gloves on underneath them stops my hands getting wet so I'm not too bothered they're not properly waterproof!

Bibio
16-06-12, 06:35 PM
update:

that's a year with 9000 miles i have had them and i like them but just wish they were a little bigger. no they are not waterproof but are weird when they do get wet as your hands don't feel wet. the lining never comes out when you take them off. not a mark on them apart form wear and tear e.g. i do not look after my bike gear so never get cleaned or looked after in the slightest they are dropped, kicked, stuffed into helmet, left in lockup over winter and got mouldy and are still in one piece. i have not tried out their worth in a spill but they should hold up well.