PDA

View Full Version : Titax Levers

Jackie_Black
25-07-11, 07:19 PM
evening org,

I've just got some titax levers for me hornet on special from bitz for bikes. Fitted them both and i'm not happy. The brake lever makes the brake bind ever ever so slightly and the clutch lever can't even be bothered to have a bit of metal on it for the clutch switch. This means I could start the bike in gear by accident and fling myself into a hedge. Do i just man up and ignore the idiot proof switch honda know is a good idea or send them back?

Move me mods, sorry.

maviczap
25-07-11, 07:34 PM
Send them back

christian1000
25-07-11, 09:54 PM
Send them back

+1 especially if it's making a brake bind, not good

Viney
25-07-11, 09:56 PM
I havent had the clutch switch on my sv connected for years.

As for the levers, if you aint happy, send them back.

Jackie_Black
25-07-11, 09:56 PM
Its so annoying, waited 3 weeks for them and they aren't suitable. Rubbish.

NTECUK
26-07-11, 10:07 AM
Not fit for purpose. The brake one could have you in trouble. Look up the thread on cheap Chinese levers.

AndyBrad
26-07-11, 11:57 AM
return them!

Geodude
26-07-11, 12:27 PM
I thought the Titax one's were meant to be top quality going by the price. As said by others get them replaced or get a refund.

Jackie_Black
26-07-11, 02:42 PM
They are good quality like, felt lovely, but I cant take the risk of me being an idiot and firing my bike up in gear :(

yorkie_chris
26-07-11, 05:20 PM
Do NOT ride the bike.

The brakes binding means the transfer port is closed. When the fluid heats up it will expand and lock the brakes on.

This very issue has recently been on some forum as ditching some speed four under a car when his brakes locked on at speed.

Jackie_Black
26-07-11, 05:24 PM
I took them back off like. They were applying a tiny bit more pressure to the brakes than my oem ones and as you say that could have fairly catastrophic results. There was no free play in them whatsoever whereas standard you get a mm or two before any brake bite. These were just biting straight away.

yorkie_chris
26-07-11, 05:25 PM
Take them back and get some chinese crap :)

fizzwheel
26-07-11, 05:52 PM
moved to bike talk

SV Mad
26-07-11, 05:59 PM
Take them back and get some chinese crap :)
+1 see the threads about £44 clutch and brake levers. I don't think there's a single complain, although someone will no doubt prove me wrong.

Jackie_Black
26-07-11, 06:01 PM
I sent jesters an email asking if any other fit with the clutch switch intact. Apparently pazzos do as long as you file a few mm of the mount! :confused:

Oem levers it is then

DJFridge
26-07-11, 07:54 PM
I sent jesters an email asking if any other fit with the clutch switch intact. Apparently pazzos do as long as you file a few mm of the mount! :confused:

Which is ridiculous. The money you pay for Pazzos, you shouldn't have to file anything. In fact for that money, they ought to fit themselves. I've just bought from http://www.moto-777.com/newosc/ and they are spot on. I've just rechecked and they do them to fit current Hornets. Interesting they look (and I emphasise look because obviously, for the money they can't possibly be:rolleyes:) identical to the £120 a pair set of CRG Rollaclick levers featured in an article in Bike magazine this month (September issue, page 157, picture 6).

Oem levers it is then

Don't, unless Honda OEM levers are made of tougher stuff than the cast muckite that Suzuki use for the SV.

garynortheast
26-07-11, 10:24 PM
Chinese ones. Had mine on the bike for 4000 miles now. Work well, look and feel good and the anodising is still intact. And you can adjust the span with gloved hands.

AndyBrad
27-07-11, 12:05 PM
got the chinese ones on mine. faded, look rubbish. perform well!

Jackie_Black
27-07-11, 02:39 PM
returned the titaxs today.

hongman
27-07-11, 09:20 PM
got the chinky ones on mine. faded, look rubbish. perform well!

Might want to rephrase that, do you know how f*cking arrogant and racist that is?

I dont care if its in jest. Do it privately, not on a public forum.

AndyBrad
27-07-11, 09:24 PM
Apologies I just thought it was short for chinese and didn't know it was racist, care to enlighten me?

DJFridge
27-07-11, 09:35 PM
I think it's generally seen to be along the same lines as that well known shortening of Pakistani...

hongman
27-07-11, 09:35 PM
It's pretty obvious dont you think?

AndyBrad
27-07-11, 09:39 PM
I think it's generally seen to be along the same lines as that well known shortening of Pakistani...

Oh right..... sorry about that!

yorkie_chris
27-07-11, 09:43 PM
In Andy's defence while we are overrun with people of pakistani descent around here there are very few Chinese etc.

AndyBrad
27-07-11, 09:47 PM
Feel really bad now, didn't mean to offend anyone.

yorkie_chris
27-07-11, 09:50 PM
Meh... my turns of phrase offend people all the time, I probably sound arrogant and racist in my speech. In person I treat people equally with the same respect anyone gets (f*** all until they earn it), if anyone doesn't like it they can go and get f***ed!

hongman
27-07-11, 10:00 PM
Meh, dont worry about it. Now you know, that's what counts. I probably over-reacted. Sore topic for me and take things like this a bit to heart. For what it's worth I believe you didnt intentionally type it to cause offense.

YC, never picked up on any racism from you. Sure you can be erm...direct but its mostly generalised - i.e any person of any background can be a c*nt right? ;) Plus I've met you, know your demeanor etc.

I dunno. Drama over, let's move on...

Jackie_Black
27-07-11, 10:25 PM
stop ruining my thread you racist *******s :-D

maxinc
28-07-11, 08:07 AM
What's wrong with the stock levers? They fit pretty well and surly can lock the front without much effort. Personally I think that messing with crucial safety components is a bad idea.

As for the clutch switch, I don't think the starter button works if the bike is not in neutral.

hongman
28-07-11, 08:24 AM
Bypassing the clutch switch does just that. If you have the sidestand up and the bike in gear, the starter will still work and launch you forward.

Touch wood I've never done it yet, but I do conciously eye up the neutral light before thumbing the starter.

No problems using aftermarket parts be it a "critical" or not, as long as it is fit for purpose...

Jackie_Black
28-07-11, 09:13 AM
It wasn't fit for purpose unfortunately. I just wanted shorter levers as i dont need a full mitt on the levers to stop or clutch.