PDA

View Full Version : Czech MotoGP - May Contain Spoilers

Stenno
13-08-11, 10:33 AM
This is the only thing saving me at work this weekend! Plus I have to leave for work early tomorrow to beat the road closures around Surrey for the cycle classic test of the 2012 route. 6am they close!!

So qualifying is fast approaching. Pedrosa was killing it yesterday but apparently Stoner is fastest in the wet this morning.

I'm hoping for a Yamaha 1-2 :P

The Basket
13-08-11, 01:33 PM
Gutted for Hopkins.

I do want to see him do well.

Stenno
14-08-11, 01:14 PM
Not a bad race. Finally a podium for Simoncelli and good progress by Rossi. Have to wonder what Lorenzo could have done on a front hard tyre mind.

The Basket
14-08-11, 04:51 PM
Suzuki had fair weekend. Bautista was all over Rossi before he fell.

Simoncelli was well worth his podium and first of many.

Binky
14-08-11, 10:15 PM
Moto2 smashed MotoGP yet again for entertainment. Still yet to watch the 125's.

I thoroughly recommend Moto2. I'm mainly watching MotoGP out of a feeling of duty now. Not feeling as entertained as i used to... :(

Mr Speirs
14-08-11, 10:17 PM
MotoGP is boring cack!! Formula 1 has been far more entertaining this year.

Moto2 however is still awesome!! And 125's was very entertaining too.

The Basket
15-08-11, 10:04 PM
MotoGP is not the best entertainment but its where its at and thats the key.

Valentino Rossi dont ride in Superbike.

Pedrosa
16-08-11, 04:11 PM
Despite loving my bike racing, I enjoyed the two smaller categories but actually fella asleep on the sofa mid way through the main race! Blame the heat here at the moment, or the fact that the race was won and other podium places was not that enthralling a prospect tbh.

Poor little Spanish boy! Cold tyres and adverse camber!! Down you go son. Fast following in Randy Mamola's shoes as best never to win the main title?

The Basket
16-08-11, 06:33 PM
I disagree with the comment about Pedrosa.

He isnt the best who never won the big leagues...he is the one who was handed it on a silver plater as Honda number 1 boy without winning the big leagues.

I bet Marco Melandri would have done no worse if he had the golden key to the executive bogs.

lukemillar
17-08-11, 07:38 AM
Moto2 smashed MotoGP yet again for entertainment. Still yet to watch the 125's.

I thoroughly recommend Moto2. I'm mainly watching MotoGP out of a feeling of duty now. Not feeling as entertained as i used to... :(

Same. I was glued to the 125s and Moto2. Took me about 5 hours to watch the GP as I got bored and kept on pausing it to go off to do other things

Pedrosa
17-08-11, 04:48 PM
I disagree with the comment about Pedrosa.

He isnt the best who never won the big leagues...he is the one who was handed it on a silver plater as Honda number 1 boy without winning the big leagues.

I bet Marco Melandri would have done no worse if he had the golden key to the executive bogs.

I think that you conveniently overlook Dani's string of titles through the smaller classes, which would have seen ANY leading factory want him as their Moto GP rider. I cannot accept anyone not recognising his amazing talent, albeit that fairing to fairing it seems is his achilles heel.

Biker Biggles
17-08-11, 05:57 PM
Same. I was glued to the 125s and Moto2. Took me about 5 hours to watch the GP as I got bored and kept on pausing it to go off to do other things

Me too:)

The Basket
17-08-11, 09:31 PM
I think that you conveniently overlook Dani's string of titles through the smaller classes, which would have seen ANY leading factory want him as their Moto GP rider. I cannot accept anyone not recognising his amazing talent, albeit that fairing to fairing it seems is his achilles heel.

My theory is that Pedrosa was Honda Number 1 and the bike was built for him and him alone. And yet he will see Hayden and Stoner(probably)take the title on the same bike. Seems if Honda had Stoner they may have won another championship a little sooner. Pedrosa didnt deliver the title....others did. And that is the cold fact. He has had injuries and that is part of the game but so have others.

His lack of dogfighting is well known but he and Puig cant say nothing when Stoner is delivering the goods. His time has passed. Biaggi has a stronger record and he is in WSB and so is Melandri. Only as good as last race. Brno he crashed when leading and was very strong in practice. Stoner has had solid results all year except the Rossi incident.

carelesschucca
18-08-11, 10:34 AM
I don't think Pedrosa's time is over he's hardly a spent force, I just wish he would open up a bit more Puig has trained him out of it. You have to remember that he was only 4 points back before Supersic took him out in Le Mans. I'd hardly call that a spent force. If he stays injury free he'll win the championship.

As for Max Biaggi he's in WSB because he's an complete and utter tit and he seemed to spend his time in Moto-GP slagging off all of the Japanese company's he represented. Remember he spent a year not riding because no one would touch him, he was a liability. That and the fact he was broken by Rossi, he played mind games and lost. It also must have really hurt him to watch Rossi take the bike he said wasn't good enough and win on it first time... Isn't it funny how Max has tried the same with Melandri in WSB and he's not really winning out in this one either.

The Basket
18-08-11, 09:01 PM
My view is that Pedrosa is not going to win a motogp championship.

We shall see. Stoner will be unstoppable. If Casey plays it right he could win every championship until he gets bored of winning. We shall see about that too.

carelesschucca
20-08-11, 12:48 AM
And yet he will see Hayden take the title on the same bike.

I'm not having a go at you here but Hayden's title still kinda irks me. One fact from that season says it all too me.Troy Bayliss lead for more laps in that season than Nicky Hayden and he only did 1 race.

I still think that if Sete Giveupnow hadn't taken out his team mate at the first turn in Spain I'm pretty sure Loris Capirossi would have been world champion. but hey ho thats what happens racing life isn't fair.

hongman
23-08-11, 04:03 PM
Gonna start have to record Moto2 I think.

carelesschucca
24-08-11, 04:55 PM
You really should, and the 125's the both races are way better than Moto-GP. I was on the edge of my seat for about 90% of the moto2 race.

Nick_69
25-08-11, 08:56 AM
My view is that Pedrosa is not going to win a motogp championship.

We shall see. Stoner will be unstoppable. If Casey plays it right he could win every championship until he gets bored of winning. We shall see about that too.

I think this was the last year for pedrosa, i think he will alway be slightly off the pace next year due to the heavier bike and having to muscle it round a bit more.

hongman
25-08-11, 09:10 AM
I think Pedrosa will win next year, becuase he is a midget like me.