PDA

View Full Version : Lovely and a bit unusual 07 SV pointy naked

The Idle Biker
15-08-11, 09:43 AM
It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the Century.

Track day fever has entered my blood and so I'm selling this in an effort to get a cheapish track bike and then buy a less beautiful road bike.

This could be your lovely SV Pointy naked that I bought back in January 2011.
I bought it with 2500miles on it and have put 5000 on top since.

Its well looked after, I just changed the oil and filter, and before that it had two manufacturer services even though it had only 2500 miles. Handbook is stamped. Chained cleaned and lubed every two weeks.

It's been out in the rain twice since I've had it, admittedly once was at the AR where it rained a months worth in two days, but as soon as I got her home she got cleaned.

MOT until July 2012. Tax till June 2012

It's never missed a beat, as you would expect and I love it, but needs must.

As you can see it has a Puig screen, rear hugger, colour matched chain guard, tail tidy, belly pan and seat cowl. You don't see many of these naked pointies around apparently so its a little bit unusual.

There is a tiny stone chip on the tank and some slight mottling on the exhaust downpipe, the grab rail has some scuffs from a bungee and the cowl has some slight scuffs too. I have the original seat which is included.

What else. what else? Oh yes it has Crash bungs and bobbins on the swing arm. The LHS bung has slight scuff when I dropped the bike at about 5mph on a low kerb, one of those awkward ones where you take the weight but gravity wins. No other damage at all. I've never even redlined it.

Oh yes, Beowulf Titanium can, triangle shape with lifetime guarantee. Shiny and throaty, very nice.

Tyres, Dunlop Roadsmart Sportmax, brand new when I bought it and loads of tread left courtesy of my smooth as silk riding style.

I also have some flat handlebars too, that are currently fitted but not shown, you can have the originals and the flat bars.

It's really in very good condition, I haven't seen a better 07/ K6 like this.

£2,700 or very nearest offer. e bay looms, may be willing to haggle a bit for an orger wanting to buy quick.

pm me if you fancy it. I'm down in Surrey near Guildford, but I don't mind travelling a bit to give you a view of it.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd400/IdleBiker/Bike/IMG-20110611-00019.jpg?t=1313398553

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd400/IdleBiker/Bike/IMG-20110605-00016.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd400/IdleBiker/Bike/IMG-20110313-00110.jpg?t=1313398049

Electro
15-08-11, 08:29 PM
That is very tasty mate. My curvy is why i got an SV, I dont like pointies but yours has changed my opinion.

missyburd
15-08-11, 08:59 PM
I don't much care for screens on nakeds but that one I like! Good luck selling mate, sure you won't need it, that bike looks pretty good for a pointy ;-)!

Nobbylad
15-08-11, 09:41 PM
Sometime ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....I had a bike that looked as clean as that one!

Great looking and lots of bike for the price!

Good luck with the sale fella, I'm sure you'll shift it nay bother.

The Idle Biker
16-08-11, 08:43 PM
Thank you kind peeps.

For anyone considering it or wants to call me, more photos are on MCN, PistonHeads and Gumtree. Fingers crossed. Come on haggle me for it, you know you want to.

huskie69
18-08-11, 07:38 PM
If I had a few grand spare I'd hand it over in a heartbeat - really nice looking SV. Where did you get the Puig screen and the 'side bits' to go with it? I've got a naked pointy myself (albeit not quite a shiny!) and those would look the nuts on mine.

The Idle Biker
20-08-11, 04:57 PM
Sorry mate I didn't buy them, they came with it.

Anyhow, the SV is now sold, and I am sad.
Sorry peeps, all gone.................right lets get that trackbike sorted.

Nobbylad
21-08-11, 10:02 AM
Cool that you've managed to sell, not cool that you're bikeless :(

Hope you get a track bike sorted soon...although autumn/winter might be the best time to buy?