PDA

View Full Version : Winter Gloves

JimmP
13-10-11, 08:08 PM
Have tried many pairs but still can't find the balance between being warm and dry not being so thick and warm that you get no feedback from the bike.

Any ideas?

JamesMio
14-10-11, 01:18 PM
Spada WP Enforcers work well for me, they are pretty thick but not too intrusive.

I've worn mine on snowboard holidays etc too and they've been grand. Not too pricey either, think they're about £45 ish?

Stuuk1
24-10-11, 09:08 PM
Any other reviews? Im in the market and this year with my new bike the heated grips aren't as good as the old bike... I need warm gloves!

NTECUK
16-11-11, 11:25 AM
Any one tried silk inner gloves?
The eBay have some for a tenner.
Just need them for a few more cold mornings like today?

kellyjo
16-11-11, 11:34 AM
I just bought some RST Moto-tec for £34.99 from Flitwick Motorcycles and they are absolutely fab!

I cant wear 'winter' gloves because they are just too thick. These are proper winter gloves but thicker than summer but not really thick. They are toastie warm, waterproof and have good protection. Ive just been out and its 5'c here, with the heated grips my hands were the warmest part of me.

Someone needs to invent some heated pants please!!! :p

agy
24-10-12, 09:30 AM
how about RST Eiger? anyone tried them? also looking at oxford switch. any good? i am desperate for sth warm; I don't get on with muffs and heated gloves are too expensive

agy
24-10-12, 09:32 AM
or richa ice storm?

Dipper
24-10-12, 10:06 AM
I've got Richa Vision and Spada Enforcers, warmth wise I can't tell the difference between the two but the Richa's feel much thinner and give much better feel on the bike, they have a visor wipe on the thumb - very useful. When it gets really cold I stick a pair of silk liners in.

HTH.

agy
24-10-12, 10:09 AM
just looked them up. a bit out of my price range

Dipper
24-10-12, 10:23 AM
I got mine reccomended from a local bike shop for £50, not too bad for winter gloves. Had them 2 years now, really pleased with them.

Quiff Wichard
24-10-12, 10:32 AM
Heated grips

garynortheast
27-10-12, 03:35 PM
Spada Enforcers. Had mine for two years now and they are still warm and waterproof. Pair of silk inners with them for very cold days.

acting_strange
27-10-12, 06:36 PM
Any one tried silk inner gloves?
The eBay have some for a tenner.
Just need them for a few more cold mornings like today?

I have always used silk inners...I also used to have a silk balaclava.....both kept me beautifully warm..

SIII
30-10-12, 03:29 PM
Just got a pair of Alpinestars Road Tech Goretex gloves, these are like putting your hands inside an inverted puppy!

The cuffs have 'fake' fur too keep out draughts and are small enough to fit inside jacket cuffs - no rain running down sleeve and wetting from the inside (what happened with my Spada Enforcers).

Not tested in wet yet -but goretex should keep dry.

Wee finger still got cold but there was snow on the ground and about -2'c. Was ok for about an hour before coldness set in.

Expensive if paying full price, but got these for £100.

Recommended.

agy
30-10-12, 06:35 PM
just won spada enforcers on ebay! can't wait! also got myself some sealskins! hope they fit inside the gloves!

lechatenetpat
06-12-12, 05:00 PM
Maplins are doing heated gloves for just £12:49 until the end of December!
For that price even if they only last the winter it'll be worth it....
I'll let you know :)

BoltonSte
03-02-13, 07:55 AM
It's come that time again, my old winter gloves have given up the ghost.

Had a look at HG, their touring were good, suposedly used by the local policeand most days by the sales guy unless it's really cold then he has some BMW ones instead. More of a gauntlet, so wouldn't fit under my jacket (which I need) otherwsie I did like them, decent feel, not too bulky (70 quid)
Had a look at the panthenon (sp) which they do as a crab claw or 5 finger, these are cheaper but bulkier not my cup of tea, put popular none the less (60 I think)
They also had some 'fit plus' ones, HG but not sure one style, these are a smaller fitting than usual and I did not get on, couldn't touch controls without twisting my hands off bar.
Bobbed over to raceleathers.co.uk who I use quite a bit to look at Spada enforcers as recommended here: nice gloves, bit bulky but not drasticly so (about 60 quid) was then recommended Halvarssons Beryl (what a name) and these are another world, coat and extra 20 quid at 80, but to me well worth it, I have some other kit that has been faultless, this has same technology, leather palm, mixed back, arnour and thin enough there's ample feeling. The claim by RL is the next step up is heated gloves, so should be nice. I know I can turn up with T-shirt and PJ bottoms under my Halvarsson textiles whilst other need an extra couple of base layers.

Will report back when I've given them a propper go

Any spelling mistakes are because I'm on the phone and my thumbs are too bg

03-02-13, 02:58 PM
Held Freezer. Had them for two winters now and they're fan-****ing-tastic. The quality is second to none. They only let me get frosty finger tips when it's sub zero temperatures AND lots of head wind. I still fitted heated grips though, it just makes it all that much more bearable.

acting_strange
03-02-13, 04:59 PM
Wore them all the time when I was younger and have just bought some now I have started riding again.....brilliant but obviously not waterproof...very warm though in the dry..

03-02-13, 05:35 PM
The Held Freezers? They're Gore-tex, of course they're water proof.