PDA

View Full Version : AR rubbish excuses thread

Pages : [1] 2

davepreston
16-04-12, 05:19 PM
right if i have to drag my a5re down to what is practical france and be surronded by them babysham drinking towie brained lot, why the feck arent you

i see some notable names missing from that list to which im not happy about
electro, speedplay ffs even scoobs aint on there

so i insist on a proper complete reason on your non attendance or suitable recompence shall be dealt

tim wilky will be getting a personal interogation in the next few days

and i warn you these best be good

begin

Cymraeg_Atodeg
16-04-12, 05:38 PM
Dodged a bullet here... XD

andrewsmith
16-04-12, 06:08 PM
I'm travelling to what is the equivalent of Southern Spain from here!

Preston more or less London to me

robh539
16-04-12, 06:14 PM
SP will be washing his hair that day ;)

flymo
16-04-12, 06:15 PM
mmmmm, tempted. Can you take motorbikes on the train? :-)

Specialone
16-04-12, 06:16 PM
I can't be bothered and I don't like anybody, that's it.

Oh and I'm probably doing the ww1 sites in northern France / Belgium that weekend.

SuzukiNess
16-04-12, 06:21 PM
ridiculous fuel prices and a very thirsty bike :(

andrewsmith
16-04-12, 06:32 PM
ridiculous fuel prices and a very thirsty bike :(

Ness

I'd think of a better one!

robh539
16-04-12, 06:41 PM
I dont ride futher than a ball the ball of string allows. I dont know anyone , its far away. take ya pick lol

timwilky
16-04-12, 07:00 PM
Mother is not well, it is her birthday that weekend. I get the feeling it may well be her last.

SuzukiNess
16-04-12, 07:11 PM
Ness

I'd think of a better one!

:(

best i got.. :smt019

i'm washing my hair?? annual bath? :)

maybe i'll end up doing what i did last year and change my mind the day before and end up going... :rolleyes:

Wideboy
16-04-12, 07:32 PM
i'll be on the isle of man, sorry but there's no competition ;)

Fruity-ya-ya
16-04-12, 07:35 PM
It's too close to the wife's due date.

I can't fit a newborn in the top box.
Well I can fit one in but there'd be no room for beer.

robh539
16-04-12, 07:37 PM
thought you werent going? :(

andrewsmith
16-04-12, 07:41 PM

Good one!
I'm also over on that fair isle in July so need to be a bit Yorkshire'ish for a month

maviczap
16-04-12, 07:54 PM

What's the point of going there, if there's no competition ;)

maviczap
16-04-12, 07:55 PM
thought you werent going? :(

Special VIP invitation for the Baron :p

Wideboy
16-04-12, 08:00 PM
thought you werent going? :( i was a bit gutted and nearly crying as work got in the way, so now popping over as foot passenger, not going for the week and not taking the bikes. but at least i can still go

i thought you were out because of you hip? sorry im out of touch and busy, i dont keep in contact with anyone anymore lol

Good one!
I'm also over on that fair isle in July so need to be a bit Yorkshire'ish for a month

What's the point of going there, if there's no competition ;)
well i was going to send a postcard but now i'm not sure ;)

xXBADGERXx
16-04-12, 08:07 PM
Metallica are playing in a field in Donnington and are doing the "Black" Album in it`s entirety ..... along with a few more bands .

Lozzo
16-04-12, 08:30 PM
Metallica are playing in a field in Donnington and are doing the "Black" Album in it`s entirety ..... along with a few more bands .

Jesus Christ, that's the best reason I've seen so far... for being in Essex instead

missyburd
16-04-12, 09:12 PM
Found out you were going Dave so thought better of it :smt040

Cymraeg_Atodeg
17-04-12, 07:22 AM
Jesus Christ, that's the best reason I've seen so far... for being in Essex instead

I would have to disagree :smt064

Owenski
17-04-12, 07:49 AM
Too much going on in or around that time that the chances of me having that weekend free are pretty much zero... but I said that last year and still made it.

Sir Trev
17-04-12, 08:09 AM
What's an AR?

:joker:

speedplay
17-04-12, 11:12 AM
i see some notable names missing from that list to which im not happy about
electro, speedplay ffs even scoobs aint on there

I'm note able?!
And when was the last AR I went to...?

SP will be washing his hair that day ;)

Probably ;)

Actually...

I was thinking of coming down.
Going to be bringing the bike on the trailer though as I can't be bothered to load all the luggage on the bike.

timwilky
17-04-12, 11:20 AM
why am I to get a "personal interrogation"?

Does this mean dark hood and stress position. Or knowing Dave something more personal and stressful like opening my brandy bottle and watching him pour coke with it.

robh539
17-04-12, 11:33 AM
In to minds to be honest. If I do will be in the car.

Quiff Wichard
17-04-12, 01:21 PM
been there before..

cant get gravy or mushy peas.

timwilky
17-04-12, 01:58 PM
been there before..

How about a babbies yed? No point going if there is no real food

Luckypants
17-04-12, 02:18 PM
I have two excuses, I'll be on a ferry to France to go cycling in the Alps and if that hadn't been the only weekend all my bike buddies could do, then I would be attending a wedding. Essex comes a poor third this time. :)

Supervox
17-04-12, 02:24 PM
been there before..

I get both in my local chippie :-)

monkey
17-04-12, 02:41 PM
I'm hanging round with a bunch of sweaty, unwashed men in a field.

Ha, tricked you! You thought that meant I'll be in Essex didn't you?

If I wasn't going to Download I wouldn't be there anyway. Last year I met a horrendous lanky Irish fella whom I really didn't like and am keen to avoid. I think it was swigging from his bottle that gave me hepatitis :( and scabies :( and rabies :( and babies :(.

Littlepeahead
17-04-12, 03:14 PM
I am going to plant an anthrax bomb at Download and then the bands will be forced to relocate to Essex thus solving the music problem.

Can't believe that Keith Flint, from Essex, and a keen rider of motorbicycles is instead going to download too. I know he's headlining, but that's no excuse.

NTECUK
17-04-12, 03:29 PM
You lot are so going to miss LPH party pice.
And no pic's are allowed out.

-Ralph-
17-04-12, 03:39 PM
Don't need an excuse, if I just don't fancy going I won't go. I'll decide nearer the time.

andrewsmith
17-04-12, 04:25 PM
I am going to plant an anthrax bomb at Download and then the bands will be forced to relocate to Essex thus solving the music problem.

Can't believe that Keith Flint, from Essex, and a keen rider of motorbicycles is instead going to download too. I know he's headlining, but that's no excuse.

Anthrax eh...

http://youtu.be/zlLn0UicWrM

zlLn0UicWrM

They're playing download also ;)

missyburd
17-04-12, 06:18 PM
been there before..

And their faces when you ask for a butty! :rolleyes::p

andrewsmith
17-04-12, 06:41 PM
and batter :smt040

orose
17-04-12, 06:47 PM
and batter :smt040

If you're telling me I can't get a deep-fried battered pickled egg on demand, then the whole county is a write-off

tinpants
18-04-12, 10:22 PM
Sadly, this years AR clashes with the family holiday. Bugger.

That is all.

xXBADGERXx
18-04-12, 10:33 PM
Sadly, this years AR clashes with the family holiday. Bugger.

That is all.

If that`s what you do on Family Holidays , I`d hate to see what you would do at the AR :smt040

wyrdness
20-04-12, 07:35 AM
I've got my Small Person that weekend, so won't be able to ride anywhere. The campsite is probably going to be too noisy for small kids. However, if the weather's good, then it's not too far to bring him down for a while to look at the bikes. What time is everybody expected back at the site after the ride on Saturday?

NTECUK
20-04-12, 07:39 AM
It might be worth e mailing
ar2012essex@gmail.com
Also LPH added this if you want a propper bed
http://www.crouchvalley.com/BOC/service.asp?ccd=crouch_valley_hotel

Littlepeahead
20-04-12, 08:46 AM
I've got my Small Person that weekend, so won't be able to ride anywhere. The campsite is probably going to be too noisy for small kids. However, if the weather's good, then it's not too far to bring him down for a while to look at the bikes. What time is everybody expected back at the site after the ride on Saturday?

Hi Ian, I'll ask Supervox about timings but he's bringing his small ones, and Saaed may also bring his little girl so no reason why you can't join in. If you can't make it in the evening then there is always the lunch stop - my sister is goig to come for a picnic with her two boys of the wether is nice - which it will be as there isn't going to be ANY rain. If you want to camp then no reason why you can't set up in the other field with the less noisy normal campers - well away from Dave Preston.

timwilky
20-04-12, 09:10 AM
Although I cannot be there I will smile safe in the knowledge that Dave will be taking his own megaphone this year just in case he needs help finding his tent at 3 in the morning again.

NTECUK
20-04-12, 09:14 AM
There is quite allot of things for the younger ones to do do they don't get board around the close area.https://www.maldon.gov.uk/info/1049/event_hosting_permissions/20/parks_and_open_spaces/2
The military museum is good for older kids too.
And the resivors full ish at
http://www.essexwt.org.uk/eventsactivities/abberton_reservoir_visitor_centre_events/

Littlepeahead
20-04-12, 12:11 PM
Although I cannot be there I will smile safe in the knowledge that Dave will be taking his own megaphone this year just in case he needs help finding his tent at 3 in the morning again.

I could borrow a megaphone from work. But I'm not going to. Instead I'm thinking about a gag and straitjacket.

pookie
20-04-12, 12:34 PM
blimey you have a gag and straitjacket at work..i'm impressed with the cricket training :)

-Ralph-
20-04-12, 01:22 PM
blimey you have a gag and straitjacket at work..i'm impressed with the cricket training :)

No, she didn't say she would borrow them from work, just that she was considering using them instead of a megaphone borrowed from work.

She keeps the gag and the straight jacket in her cellar. ;)

Milky Bar Kid
20-04-12, 01:27 PM
I'm not going because there is a high chance I shall be running around the country in the back of a van somewhere with my helmet and a shield again this year!! A VERY high chance...

paddy t
22-04-12, 11:24 AM
afraid i ll be fully embracing my continuing mid life crisis , and doing my best dad ,nay,grandad dance to Saxon and Metallica in a muddy field , and pretending to know all the words !!!

Paul the 6th
30-04-12, 05:49 PM
F**k the world I am now DEFINITELY GOING TO BE THERE...

No excuses, no bad weather, not even a woman could stop me. I'll kick her in the shin if she tries it!

Sid Squid
30-04-12, 06:24 PM
At last a correct attitude is displayed - well done that man!

rictus01
30-04-12, 06:41 PM
I think the best (as in worst) I've heard so far are...

"I've tickets for the olympics this summer" I doubt they were competing.

and

"got to feed the goldfish"

Cheers Mark.

Paul the 6th
30-04-12, 06:45 PM
Sorry guys, plans have changed already; I'm nailing my c*ck to a burning building with a rusty nail that weekend I'm afraid.

andrewsmith
30-04-12, 07:15 PM
Sorry guys, plans have changed already; I'm nailing my c*ck to a burning building with a rusty nail that weekend I'm afraid.

Whilst wearing a Mankini?

Paul the 6th
30-04-12, 07:23 PM
nah just a slice of leerdammer like a tarzan patch ;) oh and gsx-r 750, a bearing shell spun round in it's seating... we reckon it could be down to slight oil starvation at some point which has caused a weakness which then failed massively while I was riding it.

Gonna get it fixed, sell it and buy a blade. Simples :) Hopefully in time for AR!

andrewsmith
30-04-12, 07:26 PM
nah just a slice of leerdammer like a tarzan patch ;)

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a426/andrewsmith1708/e-needpics.gif

oh and gsx-r 750, a bearing shell spun round in it's seating... we reckon it could be down to slight oil starvation at some point which has caused a weakness which then failed massively while I was riding it.

Gonna get it fixed, sell it and buy a blade. Simples :) Hopefully in time for AR!

Owned by a wheelie merchant previously

Paul the 6th
30-04-12, 07:34 PM
aye... feck my life. My new car has developed a massive boost leak somewhere on the way home tonight, running rough as feck and smoking, and also sounds like a hand dryer in a public toilet when turbo is on full boost..

Someone hates me :D

maviczap
30-04-12, 07:36 PM
Owned by a wheelie merchant previously

Yep, +1

andrewsmith
30-04-12, 07:38 PM
aye... feck my life. My new car has developed a massive boost leak somewhere on the way home tonight, running rough as feck and smoking, and also sounds like a hand dryer in a public toilet when turbo is on full boost..

Someone hates me :D

Audi again?

Paul the 6th
30-04-12, 07:40 PM
noppers, ford mondeo this time :( outstanding car though, been running great, pulls really well, 550 miles to a tank of diesel (£65), super comfy with climate controlled ac, cruise control, auto lights & wipers, heated front & rear glass, sony 6 cd changer, reverse parking sensors, towbar & dual electrics... Just need to find the hose which has split and it'll be reet :)
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vW39ZSZeK2w/T412n85N6hI/AAAAAAAAFm0/tl0QC59cb3s/s720/monty.JPG

DJ123
02-05-12, 06:40 PM
No excuses from me, i'm there!

NTECUK
03-06-12, 08:22 PM
I thought I'd post this in the right section for LPH.
Quote LPH
" Littlepeahead Member Mega Poster

Re: AR12 - Attendance list

I may now be out as might have to head to Birmingham to collect a trophy. But the good news is that Messie is BACK so all will be well. __________________ Follow the rainbow over the stream Follow the fellow who follows a dream

Today, 08:05 PM

Littlepeahead
03-06-12, 08:57 PM
Don't you start, the Wisden Trophy has been the bane of my bloody life this week. I managed to get a colleague to take it to Edgbaston on Wednesday so I don't have to miss the Slash gig but now we have to arrange to get it back and I'm the named person with the insurance underwriter. I'm trying to persuade them to allow the deputy editor of Wisden to take my place, but it's worth £20k so I don't know why they are trusting me with it anyway. I fell down the stairs while holding the offficial replica of the Ashes Urn!

I will be there on Friday night with cake whatever happens.

And I'm sure Dave Preston will squeeze into the bikini if I'm absent.

NTECUK
03-06-12, 09:08 PM
The cake will be fine .
Take the bikini with you . Its a family pub and we don't want people throwing them selves on the fire to escape DP mankini :shock:

Messie
04-06-12, 07:55 AM
Messie will only be there for the ride though.

paddy t
05-06-12, 10:32 AM
and here s me feeling guilty i m not going ,Messie and LPH not going !!!! atleast mines my 30th anniversary of going to Download ,and Metallica are playing the Black album , just for me on my 47th birthday :) ...you getting a bike sorted out for a couple of summer ride outs Messie ???

Sid Squid
05-06-12, 11:33 AM
The Black Album is by The Damned.

Apparently some wannabe losers called 'Metallica' titled their poor offering the same some years later, but it isn't the real thing.

Littlepeahead
05-06-12, 11:43 AM
Well I got a call last night, if the insurers agree to it, the lovely man from Wisden will collect the trophy for me. Top bloke.

NTECUK
05-06-12, 11:47 AM
Back at ya Paddy lol.
And Messie is attending the ride out.

paddy t
05-06-12, 11:49 AM
thats ok , as they didn t actually call it that anyway , i believe it just became known as that by American DJ s ,as the album is actually called "Metallica",but was just to save confusion.. as for "wannabe losers" don t really understand that,as i ve seen both Metallica and The Damned over the last 30 odd years (with and without Sensible ) and there s not a whole hog of difference on their ability to play to the crowd...

Sid Squid
05-06-12, 12:02 PM
Ability wise you're right, there's not a whole to choose, but Metallica are just one, (and not even the best), amongst a host of too similar to tell the difference 'metally' bands, whereas the Damned are the very definition of a section of musical history, with an imagination and latitude that is difficult to match.

But that's just what I think. And no-one ever listens to me anyway :D.

Viney
06-06-12, 11:53 AM

Apparently some wannabe losers called 'Metallica' titled their poor offering the same some years later, but it isn't the real thing.Wrong. its by that J Zed fellow dont you know. There is also a Grey album which is the lyrics from the aforementioned Black Album by J Zed over the top of the White Album by those Scouse chaps from a few years back.

hindle8907
06-06-12, 03:50 PM
I had a baby and my bike is off the road. :(

xXBADGERXx
06-06-12, 04:07 PM

Apparently some wannabe losers called 'Metallica' titled their poor offering the same some years later, but it isn't the real thing.

Incorrect , the album that is Black with the Snake on the cover is actually called "Metallica" ........ it was the public that called it the Black Album

maviczap
06-06-12, 04:50 PM
I had a baby :(

Now I don't think you did, did you ;)

hindle8907
06-06-12, 10:05 PM
Now I don't think you did, did you ;)

:smt019

monkey
07-06-12, 12:17 AM
Incorrect , the album that is Black with the Snake on the cover is actually called "Metallica" ........ it was the public that called it the Black Album

How come you're not going to Download?

xXBADGERXx
07-06-12, 06:20 AM
How come you're not going to Download?

Tell ya later

Spank86
07-06-12, 03:37 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AiGg18hn8Tk/ShtYQuWHzMI/AAAAAAAAAOY/hXTmgpx3z5Q/s320/Prince-The-Black-Album-311961.jpg

Controversial? :p

jambo
07-06-12, 05:42 PM
Wrong. its by that J Zed fellow dont you know. There is also a Grey album which is the lyrics from the aforementioned Black Album by J Zed over the top of the White Album by those Scouse chaps from a few years back.

Are you all quite sure you're not thinking of "Smell the glove" by Spinal Tap?

Jambo

xXBADGERXx
07-06-12, 06:17 PM
Is that available in DOBLY ?

NTECUK
07-06-12, 06:19 PM
True Rock but only when its turned up to 11 and Dubbly

xXBADGERXx
07-06-12, 06:21 PM
Jeanine: "Everybody knows that you don't do Heavy Metal in Dobly."
Nigel: "In Dublin?"
David: "She means Dolby....."

BernardBikerchick
08-06-12, 02:53 PM
well mine is only half an excuse really as attending the sat night but just not the ride out hehehehe :) but hey haven't been on here much so thought I'd post !!! :p:p

i shall miss those that aren't going especially my fellow northerners :) x

xXBADGERXx
08-06-12, 03:16 PM
I was actually going to put in a surprise visit , but by car . Something came along that stopped me going to Download and the AR ... plus the weather is now epically sherhite so I don`t feel so gutted about the choice , hope it isn`t bad down there for you all this weekend though .

widepants
08-06-12, 03:32 PM
was hoping to go just to please Dave Preston and joked on Faceache that my shed had blown over in the storms . I got home from the misses this morning to find the shed roof felt in a tree .
FAIL

monkey
08-06-12, 11:33 PM
i shall miss those that aren't going especially my fellow northerners :) x

Thanks.

BernardBikerchick
09-06-12, 08:35 AM
Thanks.

and YOU of course D heheheh xxxxx

Richie
09-06-12, 10:56 AM
I'd had a hard on and didn't want to waste it, now wrist too sore to Ride =0)

widepants
09-06-12, 10:59 AM
grief how long did that one take?

Richie
09-06-12, 03:15 PM
had to change hands at 99.
999 times @ 120 bpm... you do the Math :0)

BanannaMan
10-06-12, 06:33 PM
There was a big ocean in the way.

wyrdness
10-06-12, 07:00 PM
I'd had a hard on and didn't want to waste it, now wrist too sore to Ride =0)

I guess that at your age you need to make the most of them, if and when they happen.

;)

Littlepeahead
12-06-12, 09:13 AM
I'm currently stuck on the slow train to Birmingham to collect the Wisden trophy from Edgbaston. Should have asked KP to chuck it in the back of his car, except there's not much boot room in a Ferarri.

Oh well, it's the price I pay for making it to AR.

Scoobs
12-06-12, 12:55 PM
Right. I've decided I'm going to go to this now. When is it? I don't want to turn up a month early, like I did last time.

Littlepeahead
12-06-12, 02:05 PM
It's in two weeks, and you have to turn up wearing sequinned Speedos and a glitter cowboy hat. Just follow the signs for the Harley meet, we'll be at the far end of the field.

NTECUK
12-06-12, 02:21 PM
Were just behind this lot
http://www.essexchapter.com/images/ChapterBBQGroup.jpg

Scoobs
13-06-12, 06:09 AM
I'll be there in...err...swimwear.