PDA

View Full Version : The Lew Speight leeds to loomies run thread courtesy of spank86 sponsored by "thisseemslikeagoodidea.com"

Spank86
24-05-13, 07:01 AM
Right, Lew's riding down from apparently somewhere near leeds and wants some company, I'd imagine others of you would feel similar and can all enjoy a group hug with him and Paul the 6th at every service station.

I don't know the way or any of the places up there in the hinterlands But I'm sure you lot can sort that out if you suggest leaving points and meeting points/times on the way to collect each other at.

It's what we did from the south last year.

and go...

P.S. get your chat out of our attendance thread you hairy arsed northerners (p.p.s if that sort of language offends you and you decide to order food from loomies, be sure to collect it sharpish):D

LewSpeight
24-05-13, 10:12 AM
Hahaha this properly put a cheesey grin on my face.

There must be a fair few coming from anywhere above leeds or anyone we'll be passing to come join us on the trip down.

This may effect Orose too..

Sent from that magical device in my pocket.

Wideboy
24-05-13, 11:17 AM
Or maybe just get on the bike and ride down?

I know, sounds absolutely insane right?

LewSpeight
24-05-13, 11:19 AM
I can't be ar*ed riding that far on my own, it what might be naff weather, to somewhere that I don't even know if it'll be good or not, for the first time ever :)

I'm still only 98% sure I'm going, unless I can get a bit of a fleet together to ride down with it doesn't seem too appealing at the minute.

Paul The 6th is helping me out anyway so it's looking up already

LewSpeight
24-05-13, 11:26 AM
Edit

Wideboy
24-05-13, 11:34 AM
But what difference is riding down in a group going to make to the weekend? If you break down will the group be able to fix it? 50/50. Will the group stop it raining? No (not unless Paul has mastered weather control powers). Will you be able to talk to them whilst riding? Not really unless you have bluephone thingy.

Sorry if I sound rude but I don't really see a problem. What's wrong with just riding down with Paul anyway?

Fallout
24-05-13, 11:38 AM
You pleb. You have to look at is as an adventure. Stop at petty stations for a fag/coffee/leg stretch every 45 mins. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at that distance once you've done it a few times. 3 hours ish at motorway speeds. You could leave at 9am, ride all the way down to site, change your mind, stop somewhere for lunch, have a good poo, then ride back and still be home well before tea. :)

Wideboy
24-05-13, 11:46 AM
I think we need to make a man of him. Like sexually.

If you come down your guaranteed to get laid.

By spank.

Spank86
24-05-13, 11:48 AM
Or maybe just get on the bike and ride down?

I know, sounds absolutely insane right?
more fun in convoy. they can harass all the car drivers.

NTECUK
24-05-13, 11:51 AM
You going to mix the route up?
Motorway A roads be a bit Pants.
When i,ve been up to the peaks we go via Ruland water .

LewSpeight
24-05-13, 12:12 PM
Haha. Oh god.

Check out how many people this thread has offended.

I'll go down on my own if I have to, would just rather go down with a group of people. So was purely asking if anyone was going down from this area for that reason.

Say there's 5 people going down from my area, what's point in all going down separately?

Chill your beans man, geeeez

Wideboy
24-05-13, 12:33 PM
:smt017 rrrrrrrright

missyburd
24-05-13, 12:50 PM
What is it about your threads that lead to offence young Lew! :-P I see what you're saying about having company, you've not had much chance to take part in group rides this year so guess tis only natural you don't want to embark on an epic ride on your todd. Paul will be better than noone at all haha. I personally love long solo rides, can ride how i like and stop when i want (usually for photos) but that's me. From past experience riding in convoy takes a lot longer but if you've plenty of time then its good fun :)

LewSpeight
24-05-13, 04:59 PM
What is it about your threads that lead to offence young Lew! :-P

I don't know, I only try and make friends! Haha.

orose
24-05-13, 07:00 PM
To bring it roughly back on topic, I'm going to see how much money is left after my Scottish trip before making a decision about how much of an AR experience to do this year. Basic plan is to rock it down the quick way after work on the Friday, so leaving Sheffield at about 6. Won't be the first time I've put my tent up in the dark though...

DJ123
24-05-13, 07:02 PM
To bring it roughly back on topic, I'm going to see how much money is left after my Scottish trip before making a decision about how much of an AR experience to do this year. Basic plan is to rock it down the quick way after work on the Friday, so leaving Sheffield at about 6. Won't be the first time I've put my tent up in the dark though...

There are lights outside, so should be enough ambient light to help along with torches.

Fallout
24-05-13, 07:28 PM
I personally love long solo rides, can ride how i like and stop when i want (usually for photos) but that's me.

Ahahahaha! You saucy minx!

The Idle Biker
24-05-13, 07:31 PM

Excellent idea, followed an excellent innuendo. First class. You're expected to be there. Don't feck up. Beers are on me if you make it.

Littlepeahead
24-05-13, 07:44 PM
What Gav means is that he always rides on his own cos everyone hates him and won't get within 3 miles of him by choice. :D

What you need is an Autocom link with Paul so he can sing you songs from Dirty Dancing on the boring bits of motorway to make it more interesting.

Spank86
25-05-13, 12:39 AM
Sod the autocom link, has he released an album?

I'd buy that!

Paul the 6th
25-05-13, 04:21 AM
I tend to prefer to ride on my own over long distance because I can be selfish and ride steady if I'm tired, or ride like a French paparazzi if the traffic dynamics start to annoy me (ppl sat in lane 3 at 65mph with no traffic in lane 2).

I may well be riding down ahead of schedule for some bro-mo homo time with Simon fallout, but failing that if we're going on the same day/time and you wanna link up, the motorways aren't bad at all. I usually ride til fuel light comes on, don't like wasting time stopping every half hour as it ends up taking 7 hours to complete a 3.5 hour journey.

But yeah honestly lew don't worry about/over think it, you'll have a great time if you do attend, the journey down will be a bit of an adventure for you if you don't regularly travel a long way from home. Let me know your timetable on the Friday

LewSpeight
25-05-13, 06:38 AM
Sounds good to me Paul.
I can do either type of riding too.

My timetable for Friday is none existent so could probably set off whenever is best for whoever.
As long as it isn't like 5am and I can get some form of a lie in haha

metalmonkey
28-05-13, 07:56 PM
It doesn't matter if you ride alone, sometimes I like the open road and just me. I rode to the AR in Wales alone, I had an epic ride there took all A roads and B roads ect. Just do it, you have to travel alone at some point, I started as teen so its never bothered me.

I can't make the AR, got to many things going on right now, I have been to to enough to know its a good w/end!

Mrs_giggles
28-05-13, 10:25 PM
If I can make it to land of the nessie on my own, then you can make it to ar, at least when you go south it becomes more populated were im going its all fields and water lol, bear in mind farthest ive been from home is blackpool ( 20 mile away). Its an challenge and adventure you love it.