PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Southerners!

hannah.s
04-06-13, 11:41 AM
Ha!! Two wheeled southerners!! Dream come true! Ive been in Liverpool without a bike and now Im home with a bike :D But don't know anyone else down here with bikes... so HI Im Hannah!

As an aside I haven't had my bike down here before and want to give it a decent service, (and MOT) so does anyone know anywhere good that I can send my bike to get a good fettling?

Cheers!! :D

dkid
04-06-13, 12:29 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum from Bristol. Glad you're back on a bike and enjoying it.

I use a very good guy for my servicing etc who's workshop is based in portishead. He's also mobile and charges no vat so cheap as well. He used to be a spanner at riders in Bristol before setting up in his own.
Not sure if its a bit far for you? Where you based exactly?

Rich, Fixit motorcycle mechanics
07729 866681

Ps lets see some pics of the bike!

hannah.s
04-06-13, 12:41 PM
Thats brilliant cheers!! Im based in Langport which is a bit further south, but I dont mind travelling a little further than normal for my bike if it means getting it done well. Its definitely worth it for two wheels!

Im loving biking, I only did my DAS last year after getting back from the TT and Im already addicted! I ride a black naked K7, completely original but looking to start editing as soon as Ive got money!

This is my toy:

http://forums.sv650.org/picture.php?albumid=1112&pictureid=6961

Thinking of getting a rear hugger and belly pan for him... to start with. What do you reckon?

dkid
04-06-13, 12:48 PM
Nice bike :) I agree its time to get modding and make it your own.
I reckon the naked SV looks great with a belly pan fitted.

Are you looking for purely aesthetic mods or would you like to improve the bike in other ways?
Most SV owners will tell you the best money they ever spent on their bike went on good rubber and upgrading the suspension.

_Stretchie_
04-06-13, 12:52 PM
Yo from Wiltshire

squirrel_hunter
04-06-13, 01:05 PM
Hello.

I hear Two Spanners Automotives (Swindon or Melksham branch) get rave reviews.

hannah.s
04-06-13, 01:21 PM
Nice bike :) I agree its time to get modding and make it your own.
I reckon the naked Sv looks great with a belly pan fitted.

Are you looking for purely aesthetic mods or would you like to improve the bike in other ways?
Most Sv owners will tell you the best money they ever spent on they're bike went on good rubber and upgrading the suspension.

Cheers, I think he's alright too! :D Im not sure about mods, I think at the minute it'll just be aesthetics until I can get some more money (the joys of being a student!) But ultimately Ill be doing some more serious upgrades... Cheers for the advice!! Ive heard new rubber is the first thing to do.

Yo from Wiltshire

Hello!!

Hello.

Cheers, I'll check it out!

_Stretchie_
04-06-13, 02:30 PM
Hello.

I believe they had to let Ben, the YTS boy, go due to bad behaviour and timekeeping

PyroUK
04-06-13, 05:58 PM
Hola from tropical Poole! Nice wheels!!

squirrel_hunter
04-06-13, 06:30 PM
I believe they had to let Ben, the YTS boy, go due to bad behaviour and timekeeping

Ah yes, young Ben. Timekeeping really wasn't his strong point. Do you think Two Spanners will get a replacement YTS lackey?

Runako
04-06-13, 07:26 PM
Hello there. Welcome over to Wales any time. There are some epic roads here so if you ever find yourself itching to see different country, then I'll make sure they keep the gate open for you. Just remember to leave the keys on the way out ;)

Supervox
05-06-13, 07:18 AM
For service type work - if/when you're in Surrey then I'd suggest 1 of 2 of our own Org-ans : Sid Squid or Rictus

Sid Squid will do the fettling (?) for you at a very reasonable rate - perfect for mechanical morons like me who'd rather pay someone to do it properly than run the risk of doing themselves.

Rictus will stand over you telling you what you need to do, explaining how to do it & why it needs to be done, whilst drinking copious amounts of tea (the larger the mug the better so I understand!) - perfect for those who wish (and have the ability & inclination) to learn what makes an internal combustion engine and other associated bike 'bits' - chassis, swingarm, forks, suspension, electrics etc - actually work.

Jayneflakes
05-06-13, 10:28 AM
Hello Dear from sunny Weston Super Mud. :D

I am involved in Weston Bike Night (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=196282) which happens every Thursday through out the summer, six until nine PM. If you ever pop over, do come and say hello to us and Alby the Owl, we are easy to find, just follow your ears! :cool:

hannah.s
05-06-13, 02:02 PM
I'll make sure they keep the gate open for you. Just remember to leave the keys on the way out ;)

Thanks Runako! I did a ride out up to Snowdonia once, was a long way but so worth it! I'll definitely come knocking on your door sometime!!

Rictus will stand over you telling you what you need to do, explaining how to do it & why it needs to be done, whilst drinking copious amounts of tea (the larger the mug the better so I understand!) - perfect for those who wish (and have the ability & inclination) to learn what makes an internal combustion engine and other associated bike 'bits' - chassis, swingarm, forks, suspension, electrics etc - actually work.

That sounds PERFECT!! I've always wanted to learn more about bike innards, I'm not a complete novice and have done a bit of tinkering on vintage cars but I'm a slow learner! I hope he's patient, maybe I could get him lots of tea!

Hello Dear from sunny Weston Super Mud. :D

I am involved in Weston Bike Night (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=196282) which happens every Thursday through out the summer, six until nine PM. If you ever pop over, do come and say hello to us and Alby the Owl, we are easy to find, just follow your ears!

Hello!! I'll be sure to come and find you! I'll be around more from the beginning of July as this month is dedicated to parents! Would be great to meet you!

mrs t
12-06-13, 08:15 PM
hiya hannah.s, lol i looked twice at your pic, exactly the same as mine when i bought it.

we have just come back from a very sunny isle of man :) as well.

def go with the belly pan, thats next on my to buy list, if your down this way,give us a shout and we can meet up :)

smudga
13-06-13, 09:42 PM
same as mine but mines blue
get the belly pan & start modding it ;-)