PDA

View Full Version : Winning bid for 2014- The banter thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

admin
02-01-14, 12:31 PM
Hi All this is the winning bid for the 2014 annual rideout submitted by Bibio, Littleoldman2 and andrewsmith. There was only one bid submitted so chosing the winner was fairly straightforward.

Hi John

Here's an AR proposal for the
pot

Andy

AR 2014 Proposal- The border raid edition

Bibio, Littleoldman2 and I, think its time it came to the Borders as the roads and scenery are wonderful.
What we’re thinking is doing Borders run around the stunning Northumberland National park and North into the Scottish borders around Moffat, Selkirk and Hawick.

The plan is to base the AR out of Bellingham as there are more than enough facilities. Camping/ Bunking would be the Demesne Farm Campsite http://www.demesnefarmcampsite.co.uk/ who are more than capable of handling bikers, as there are several other owner club meetings using the site during the year. For the people liking creature comforts there are a several B&B’s and hotels in the village and close by.

The route will be something around the 180 mile mark, taking in the best of Northumberland and the Borders region. It will allow for plenty of riding and stunning scenery.

The ride-out will be run Glencoe Massacre style with next rider waiting at the junctions, Lead rider and TEC. On the roads around there it is safer than rider drop off. Getting to Bellingham is around 90 minutes from the M6 (via Pentrith and the Hartside Pass) and about an Hour from the A1 via Newcastle Airport.

For anyone wanting the scenic route coming North;
• From Lancaster you can make a route via Ingleton, Hawes, Middleton in Teesdale then up the A68 (through Stanhope) or via Alston
• From the A1 coming off at Richmond up and over the Tan Hill to Kirkby Stephen then as above or
• Off onto the A66 and via Barnard Castle through to Middleton-in-Teesdale and up

Dates we are saying late June as to avoid GM2014, the worst of
the holiday traffic and the BSB at Knockhill .

timwilky
02-01-14, 12:34 PM
Fantastic, I really want to make this one.

maviczap
02-01-14, 01:23 PM
Cool, lets hope I can make this one

Matt-EUC
02-01-14, 02:12 PM
I would edit out the route from your post. For the purpose of surprises etc.

andrewsmith
02-01-14, 02:29 PM
I would edit out the route from your post. For the purpose of surprises etc.

Fair point that's it edited out :smt023
For anyone thats seen the route, its subject to tweaks as per the normal terms and conditions

jambo
02-01-14, 02:30 PM
Cool!
Hopefully we'll be able to make it, may you have as much positive help as you need, and as little moaning as your audience is capable of :D

Well done on putting in a proposal, and thank you :)

Jambo

fenjer
02-01-14, 03:36 PM
Good Bid guys!!

Looking forward to this!

chris8886
02-01-14, 03:36 PM
Cool!
Hopefully we'll be able to make it, may you have as much positive help as you need, and as little moaning as your audience is capable of :D

Well done on putting in a proposal, and thank you :)

Jambo

quite right, I like the sound of this too, here's to hoping that I can somehow find a way of making it :D

NTECUK
02-01-14, 04:00 PM
"Dates we are saying late June as to avoid the BSB at Knockhill"
Na add it on,so you can see all the budding Barry Shean's ;)

andrewsmith
02-01-14, 04:50 PM
"Dates we are saying late June as to avoid the BSB at Knockhill"
Na add it on,so you can see all the budding Barry Shean's ;)

There is a reason for avoiding the Knockhill BSB (all the Scottish and Borders people know this), all the marked and unmarked coppers are on quite a few of the roads that the route will take in.
It was the same reason that taking the Hartside was immediately discounted as we would attract too much attention (there we're screwed as its 3 different forces patrolling and good luck getting away from any of them)

NTECUK
02-01-14, 06:58 PM
No one on the org has or will ever brake a traffic rule. ;)

timwilky
02-01-14, 07:52 PM
Good thing living over this side of the hill means I might just have to do Hartside there and back.

Sheer hell, just for the sake of the annual Dave Preston pizz up weekend.

Still glad you have found a location with what reads as a reasonable hotel nearby. You wouldn't like to share a campsite with me.

andrewsmith
02-01-14, 07:54 PM
Good thing living over this side of the hill means I might just have to do Hartside there and back.

Sheer hell, just for the sake of the annual Dave Preston pizz up weekend.

Still glad you have found a location with what reads as a reasonable hotel nearby. You wouldn't like to share a campsite with me.

I have! AR11

We will have more info about the site etc... once we get it

TamSV
02-01-14, 09:40 PM
Well done lads. Sounds like a good un.

keith_d
02-01-14, 10:04 PM
Makes a change from having it down south. I'm looking forward to it.

Keith.

Fordward
02-01-14, 11:56 PM
There was only one bid submitted so chosing the winner was fairly straightforward

Ahahahahahahaha! :lol:

There used to be major bun fights on this forum over who would organise it and where. :p

Bibio, Littleoldman2 and andrewsmith

Well done you three. You're thick skinned enough to do it anyway. Since it's you organising and the rideout at least is in gods country, I might even come along.

atassiedevil
06-01-14, 09:25 AM
Whats this going to consist of? Fri-Mon, or Fri-Sun? I'm definitely interested...but it's a fair trek from london.
Mrs may very well come too if there are other ladies around to talk to.
Looking forward to it if we do it.

NTECUK
06-01-14, 09:29 AM
You can join in the EAR cavalcade

kaivalagi
06-01-14, 06:42 PM
The more the merrier on the EAR train!

I have my booking in for the bunkhouse already, staying from Friday night through until Monday morning :)

I am really looking forward to this one, should be a cracking get together I reckon!

littleoldman2
07-01-14, 07:18 PM
Whats this going to consist of? Fri-Mon, or Fri-Sun? I'm definitely interested...but it's a fair trek from london.
Mrs may very well come too if there are other ladies around to talk to.
Looking forward to it if we do it.

I/we will be arranging a ride out on Sunday and also providing information on what to see and do for those who wish to stay longer.

kaivalagi
07-01-14, 07:40 PM
I/we will be arranging a ride out on Sunday and also providing information on what to see and do for those who wish to stay longer.
Thanks! It's gonna be a corker...

andrewsmith
07-01-14, 07:48 PM

I'll be hanging round too.
I've given Kavi a route that will warm the EAR train up on the Friday

kaivalagi
07-01-14, 08:00 PM
I'll be hanging round too.
I've given Kavi a route that will warm the EAR train up on the Friday
Yeah, just posted it up, thanks for that :)

andrewsmith
07-01-14, 08:05 PM
Yeah, just posted it up, thanks for that :)

I saw that after I posted.
Lew if you want a route to meet them at a stop point I can probably think of one from Skipton

carelesschucca
07-01-14, 09:56 PM
Great timing guys Great Timing. But let me think if I can make it. Its the choice of being in Northumberland on my bike or Andalucía on my bike, and seeing as Andalucía is already booked I won't be coming yet again.

andrewsmith
07-01-14, 09:58 PM
Great timing guys Great Timing. But let me think if I can make it. Its the choice of being in Northumberland on my bike or Andalucía on my bike, and seeing as Andalucía is already booked I won't be coming yet again.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/3507yu7037.gif

chris8886
07-01-14, 10:55 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/3507yu7037.gif

genuine lol moment just happened when I saw this!! :smt043

Fordward
07-01-14, 10:58 PM
Andrew, are you suggesting that Dean is weak minded? ;-)

andrewsmith
08-01-14, 04:58 AM
Andrew, are you suggesting that Dean is weak minded? ;-)

Lol!
Show Dean moobs and he's distracted ;-)

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

mattSV
10-01-14, 06:35 PM
Congratulations on the winning (only) bid guys, beautiful part of the country, should be a great weekend.

Only thing I would suggest considering is the route distance.

Given the amount of faffing that goes on at every stop of an AR, 180 miles sounds a bit optimistic, and would probably represent 4-5 hours in the saddle realistically. Might be a bit much for some? (Personally, I wouldn't give a **** as I will be on my super-comfy explorer ;-) )

Having been on a GM, and the North v South run years ago, I know that the roads are more than up to covering decent distances at "enthusiastic" speeds. It just gets a bit harder to do that safely when there are larger numbers.

davepreston
11-01-14, 12:15 AM
well this is going to be sh ite
wont know before hand whats stocked in the bar (cos bibio cant see over the top of one)
little old man will live up to his namesake and get us lost or stop every 5 mins to tell us about a tree of significant importance from his time in the home guard in "the war "
and no one is going to know where to be and at what time because andy smith only speaks wookie

were doomed all doomed I tell yee

so no worries booking it off next week, gem is sorting the lodgings tomorrow, locating a suitable huge brandy bottle (and a whisky as well why the hell not) in a few days, bang off every penny possible from the credit card so I can have FULL use of its available balance while propping up the bar (that bibio cant see over while listening to LOM ramble on about the war and laughing at people trying to understand the wookie)

all is gooooooood

andrewsmith
11-01-14, 12:21 AM
Beer fines increase by another 300%.

Or you can consolidate your debts this into one easy payment of open bar at the Cheviot Hotel ;)

chris8886
11-01-14, 02:40 PM
well this is going to be sh ite
wont know before hand whats stocked in the bar (cos bibio cant see over the top of one)
little old man will live up to his namesake and get us lost or stop every 5 mins to tell us about a tree of significant importance from his time in the home guard in "the war "
and no one is going to know where to be and at what time because andy smith only speaks wookie

were doomed all doomed I tell yee

so no worries booking it off next week, gem is sorting the lodgings tomorrow, locating a suitable huge brandy bottle (and a whisky as well why the hell not) in a few days, bang off every penny possible from the credit card so I can have FULL use of its available balance while propping up the bar (that bibio cant see over while listening to LOM ramble on about the war and laughing at people trying to understand the wookie)

all is gooooooood

:smt046

Beer fines increase by another 300%.

Or you can consolidate your debts this into one easy payment of open bar at the Cheviot Hotel ;)

sounds like dave is proper ******

andrewsmith
11-01-14, 03:40 PM
Nah skint and sober!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

AJC
13-01-14, 06:56 PM
Just saw this, looks good! Congrats lads.

And it's close enough I can make it without completely dying of discomfort on my hard wooden bench, sorry.. i mean bike...

Littlepeahead
14-01-14, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a great plan this year, well done guys.

I have just got back from 1600 miles round Thailand - now that would be a great place for an AR. Guaranteed sun, cheap beer and accommodation, great food, and a ladyboy show in the evening to keep us entertained. Getting the bikes there might take a while though. And the brandy is rough as a badgers bum so Dave Preston wouldn't like it (and it's practically France too).

I need to ask the boss nicely if I can have that weekend off as we have some low key matches on at Lord's. Then Chris8886 and I will probably van it up there. He's keen to camp, I'm keener to have a proper bed/shower/breakfast/access to a plug point for my hair straighteners so would rather B&B or hotel it. As it's such a long way it may be worth making a proper weekend of it and doing Friday to Monday if others are doing the same.

NTECUK
14-01-14, 08:41 AM
Book the bunk house LPH :)

carelesschucca
14-01-14, 08:46 AM
Then Chris8886 and I will probably van it up there.*As it's such a long way it may be worth making a proper weekend of it and doing Friday to Monday if others are doing the same.

Why not make it a proper biking weekend and ride? Take the extra couple of days and build a brilliant route and have that sense of achievement it'll be well worth it.

Littlepeahead
14-01-14, 09:31 AM
Book the bunk house LPH :)

Hmmmm, I know some of the people staying in that bunkhouse and the snoring decibel level would mean I could probably still hear them from a hotel 3 miles away.

Why not make it a proper biking weekend and ride? Take the extra couple of days and build a brilliant route and have that sense of achievement it'll be well worth it.

Chris suggested the van idea. Assuming he has a licence it means we could split the driving and arrive a little less tired than biking up with loads of gear. This also assumes my buttocks will have recovered from Thailand. ER6 - not so much a motorcycle as a torture device for the bum and shoulders, especially off roading on road tyres.

NTECUK
14-01-14, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm, I know some of the people staying in that bunkhouse and the snoring decibel level would mean I could probably still hear them from a hotel 3 miles away.

Chris suggested the van idea. Assuming he has a licence it means we could split the driving and arrive a little less tired than biking up with loads of gear. This also assumes my buttocks will have recovered from Thailand. ER6 - not so much a motorcycle as a torture device for the bum and shoulders, especially off roading on road tyres.

If you weren't such a soft southern your sleep in the van ;)
Van = wood and your fier bowl so that is a top idea if they allow it

Richie
14-01-14, 05:07 PM
Whoop Whoop - I'm in :)

dizzyblonde
14-01-14, 08:42 PM
459 yards from the boozer or campsite to our pad. Even old screw loose can manage walking that!
:cheers:

Well done fellas, you've picked a bit of a good spot! :smt033

rictus01
14-01-14, 10:43 PM
intentions are to attend, although subject to knee condition, won't book up just yet; but will be camping, have added to attendance thread.

Viney
15-01-14, 01:53 PM
Gonna have to give this some consideration me thinks.

Treacle
15-01-14, 07:03 PM
Sound good im in! ;)

littleoldman2
15-01-14, 07:55 PM
Sooo Richie's in the bunkhouse "Stand by your beds".

andrewsmith
15-01-14, 07:58 PM
http://youtu.be/G2DCExerOsA

G2DCExerOsA

kaivalagi
15-01-14, 08:24 PM
Are we in for a treat with Richie in there with us? Why do I get the feeling they'll be hefty hangovers lol

hindle8907
16-01-14, 08:57 AM
Can me and two friends book the 3 bed bunk ?

dizzyblonde
16-01-14, 10:16 AM
It's already booked according to the owner.

davepreston
16-01-14, 11:54 AM
yep by me and the OC
plus a bouncing baby Richie :)

hindle8907
16-01-14, 12:00 PM
boooo !

andrewsmith
16-01-14, 01:15 PM
There is space in the 4 IIRC

hindle8907
16-01-14, 01:18 PM
Ive booked 3 beds in the 4

Matt-EUC
16-01-14, 01:41 PM
Wtf?? I haven't been able to get hold of them to book at all!!

Littlepeahead
16-01-14, 01:50 PM
Wtf?? I haven't been able to get hold of them to book at all!!

We warned them not to answer the phone to you.

I asked my manager if I could have the Friday - Monday off as holiday even though all staff are meant to be working, as volunteers that weekend if their own roles are quiet, and he said fine, the senior management can get stuffed! Love my boss.

So I'll be booking into a local hotel or B&B with a comfy bed, proper shower, fluffy towels and only one person's snoring to deal with.

Matt-EUC
16-01-14, 02:04 PM
Finally!!

chris8886
16-01-14, 02:08 PM
oi LPH, I was really quite enjoying having some time with no abuse, while you were on holiday! now you're back n it's only taken a couple of days to start getting abused again! lol

Matt-EUC
16-01-14, 02:10 PM
Hey Chris how long do you have left until you get your wheels back?

hindle8907
16-01-14, 02:12 PM
Matt have you booked the last slot ?

Matt-EUC
16-01-14, 02:13 PM
There are apparently about 5 left.

hindle8907
16-01-14, 02:19 PM
strange going off the website there is only 15 beds and there are 14 names on the attendance list for the bunkhouse.

Matt-EUC
16-01-14, 02:19 PM
I'm assuming not everyone has booked yet.

chris8886
16-01-14, 02:20 PM
Hey Chris how long do you have left until you get your wheels back?

I think it's around about mid march :( so bloomin ages yet!

Matt-EUC
16-01-14, 02:21 PM
Just think about it this way. 4 down, 2 to go.

Littlepeahead
16-01-14, 02:22 PM
oi LPH, I was really quite enjoying having some time with no abuse, while you were on holiday! now you're back n it's only taken a couple of days to start getting abused again! lol

Liar, I know you missed me and cried yourself to sleep every night I was away.

I think it's around about mid march :( so bloomin ages yet!

Your defib went off on 15th September. So it'll be 16th March. Which is a Sunday so we'll head off for a ride that day.

I'm assuming not everyone has booked yet.

The owner might expect people to double up - it'll be lucky dip who you get to share a bed with.

chris8886
16-01-14, 02:25 PM
Just think about it this way. 4 down, 2 to go.

that's true, but it's still a bloody long time! :(

Liar, I know you missed me and cried yourself to sleep every night I was away.

sssshhhhhhh!

Littlepeahead
20-01-14, 10:03 AM
I'm booked into the B&B a mile away for 3 nights with Fugly8886. Not sure yet if we'll bring the bikes up in a van or if I'll have managed to get myself organised enough to fit a tow bar to the car.

We've nabbed the twin but if anyone else wants a proper bed and shower then it's called http://www.boatfarm.co.uk/ and is about £38 per person per night for the doubles but you get a discount for 3 nights.

From what I can see it's a either a short stagger down the road or along the river from the site and she has a barn in which we can store the bikes overnight.

Mr LPH isn't coming this year as he's planning on going to Glastonbury the following weekend and there are only so many weekends in June he can handle riding/drinking/dancing like a hippy and no sleep for several nights in a row.

andrewsmith
05-02-14, 09:54 PM
135 days!

carelesschucca
05-02-14, 10:15 PM
Hey Smith if there's 135 days to the AR it means there's 10 less till I leave for Malaga :-)

Still annoyed you picked a weekend that I'm away riding in the sunshine. I'll get Grant and Alan to have a drink on the Saturday evening while we think of you in the rain :-)

andrewsmith
05-02-14, 10:28 PM
Hey Smith if there's 135 days to the AR it means there's 10 less till I leave for Malaga :-)

Still annoyed you picked a weekend that I'm away riding in the sunshine. I'll get Grant and Alan to have a drink on the Saturday evening while we think of you in the rain :-)

It'll snow on you's like it did last year
I am intending for weather like this (This is the Isle of Man ahead of the first heatwave warning last year)...

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1/998709_773623198518_1227402090_n.jpg

Matt-EUC
06-02-14, 09:17 AM
IOM AR next year??

NTECUK
06-02-14, 09:40 AM
IOM AR next year??

Only if you book the ferry
And we want big discounts

Matt-EUC
06-02-14, 12:27 PM
I'll be happy to book the ferry, just give me the money first. I'll give you back any discount I get ;)

NTECUK
06-02-14, 12:54 PM
You have a promise as a polition.

carelesschucca
06-02-14, 01:13 PM
If we're gonna talk about Ferries and the AR how about we go to North Spain?

It'd be perfect bar being a little expensive.

1. Sail from Portsmouth meaning the softie southers don't have to moan about riding too far for the AR.
2. The boat takes 24 hours - just about long enough for Dave Preston to get enough alcohol in him.
3. For a few days you'll get to ride some of the best roads in the Picos De Europa (while DP does the return trip on the ferry having not left the bar)
4. We all get to drink again on the ferry back (obviously DP will be buying the first round for everyone as he'll still be proping up the bar on the boat)
5. All ride home and have some epic stories about a great few days we've had.

Jobs a good un.

Wait a minute does this count as a proposal for next years AR??? its a little early.

Matt-EUC
06-02-14, 01:14 PM
I would consider that an appropriate AR bid.

Matt-EUC
06-02-14, 01:15 PM
At least there'll be a chance of multiple bids next year.

andrewsmith
06-02-14, 02:00 PM

1. Sail from Portsmouth meaning the softie southers don't have to moan about riding too far for the AR.
2. The boat takes 24 hours - just about long enough for Dave Preston to get enough alcohol in him.
3. For a few days you'll get to ride some of the best roads in the Picos De Europa (while DP does the return trip on the ferry having not left the bar)
4. We all get to drink again on the ferry back (obviously DP will be buying the first round for everyone as he'll still be proping up the bar on the boat)

Jobs a good un.

Wait a minute does this count as a proposal for next years AR??? its a little early.

Fool!!

Thats a bid!

carelesschucca
06-02-14, 04:38 PM
Can't see many voting for it. Maybe DP and Badger.

Ive already said this year's GM is my last, I certainly ain't stepping up to doing an AR and are they even allowed to be based near the best roads in the uk? I'm quite sure we could base a whole AR round The Dukes Pass or The Scotsburgring.

Matt-EUC
06-02-14, 04:41 PM
Is anyone even going to bother putting in a bid for next years' AR? The last two were literally one horse races.

chris8886
06-02-14, 05:09 PM
IOM AR next year??

I think you'd have to speak to manx matt about that one! lol

Jobs a good un.

sounds great to me! however I'm not sure that ferries are allowed to carry enough alcohol to satsfy DP's needs! lol

Is anyone even going to bother putting in a bid for next years' AR? The last two were literally one horse races.

I most certainly hope so, but am not sure considering some of the bitching etc that has gone on over the past few years about them! :(

andrewsmith
06-02-14, 06:00 PM
Can't see many voting for it. Maybe DP and Badger.

Ive already said this year's GM is my last, I certainly ain't stepping up to doing an AR and are they even allowed to be based near the best roads in the uk? I'm quite sure we could base a whole AR round The Dukes Pass or The Scotsburgring.

Sod that!
There isn't enough recovery trucks in Scotland for that

written with a brio

kaivalagi
06-02-14, 07:51 PM
I'd seriously consider a bigger AR based trip including a ferry, be that IOM or Northern Spain, just want to see the costs first...

Littlepeahead
06-02-14, 07:54 PM
I already suggested we all go to Thailand. Mae Hong Song loop.

One of the managers started talking about the requirement for all staff to be at work that weekend in a meeting. I told him sorry, already got that weekend booked off 18 months ago before the fixtures were published.

kaivalagi
06-02-14, 08:02 PM
I already suggested we all go to Thailand. Mae Hong Song loop.
That's a bit of a long ferry trip! I'd want the trip to be with my own bike too :)

Littlepeahead
06-02-14, 08:07 PM
Oh come on, those hire bike ER6s are great fun, you just have to decide which is easiest to live without, decent brakes, lights, mirrors, chain, straight forks or tyres with grip. You can't have all of them.

chris8886
06-02-14, 09:08 PM
Oh come on, those hire bike ER6s are great fun, you just have to decide which is easiest to live without, decent brakes, lights, mirrors, chain, straight forks or tyres with grip. You can't have all of them.

you're not really selling it to me if I'm honest!

Littlepeahead
06-02-14, 09:52 PM
Did I mention the roads sometimes just stop, normally when you've just got halfway up a mountain, then it's dusty rutted tracks with gravel and boulders. But the beer is cheap.

NTECUK
06-02-14, 10:09 PM
Tell me more about Spain.

chris8886
06-02-14, 11:04 PM
Did I mention the roads sometimes just stop, normally when you've just got halfway up a mountain, then it's dusty rutted tracks with gravel and boulders. But the beer is cheap.

well now you've added a silver lining to it lol

littleoldman2
07-02-14, 12:16 AM
Tell me more about Spain.

Yes please:)

NTECUK
07-02-14, 02:38 AM
Yes please:)http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-spain-/catalunya-/c1311--tremp--_22b310.html

dizzyblonde
07-02-14, 09:35 AM
I'm going on a ferry from UK to France then Italy to Greece. Ride through France, and both Italian coastlines. Might even drop in a mate in France, one in Northern Italy and join up with a Greek rider on the way round the Greece leg.

Not for Southern Softies. Probably cheaper ferry than the rip off IOM one.

NTECUK
07-02-14, 11:08 AM
I'm Northern Softie
I'm Na pay the rip off IOM ferry .

Fixed it for you. ;)

dizzyblonde
07-02-14, 12:05 PM
Fixed it for you. ;)

Nope, I'm just not stupid enough to pay money to a vastly over priced monopoly to go to a place I have no interest in.

Besides...what's soft about doing a 4000 mile round trip? The isle of man is just around the corner in comparison

carelesschucca
07-02-14, 04:21 PM
That's a bit of a long ferry trip! I'd want the trip to be with my own bike too :)

If you're interested in a slightly shorter ferry trip on your own bike you could venture up the GM as well as doing the AR. The ferry we'll be using takes all of 2 minutes. Feeling really adventurous? You could come along to Alans Aftershow Applecross Adventure, we'll be using a ferry for that too and its almost twice as long @ a whole five minutes.

NTECUK
07-02-14, 07:25 PM
Nope, I'm just not stupid enough to pay money to a vastly over priced monopoly to go to a place I have no interest in.

Besides...what's soft about doing a 4000 mile round trip? The isle of man is just around the corner in comparison
It's the avoiding the rain ;)

dizzyblonde
07-02-14, 09:51 PM
I live in the Pennines, it never stops frickin raining here :lol:

Matt-EUC
08-02-14, 10:58 AM
Don't worry, it doesn't tend to stop raining anywhere else in England either.