PDA

View Full Version : Fowlers

TheOnlyNemesis
10-04-14, 06:33 PM
I've never really liked fowlers but i need a new 2 piece suit. Does anyone who has used them know if you can barter prices with them?

Tomor
10-04-14, 06:41 PM
If you are lucky. They are a real pain to deal with!

dkid
10-04-14, 06:47 PM
I once saw a helmet I liked in there. Asked the sales guy what he could do on the price (wasn't looking for half price or anything). He said he couldn't do anything for me so seeing as I'd already tried it on for size I walked and ordered it online. The sales guy wasn't bothered in the slightest at losing a potential sale so I'd suggest a similar tactic for your two piece tbh.

I'm all for supporting local business but these guys have earned their bad rep if you believe even half of what you read/hear.

squirrel_hunter
10-04-14, 07:42 PM
I was in there the other week, I always have a look round when picking up parts. I overheard some lad speaking to a young sales rep along the lines of "I'm buying this helmet, this jacket and trousers, plus I'm looking at getting a lid for the miss's, but I've seen the jacket up in Swindon at £xxx less. What can you do?", the young sales rep replied "I'll just get my supervisor".

Now I've no idea what happened after that but it wasn't a flat NO. So all I can suggest is try it, you never know. Not sure if they will barter but they might price match or do something with a big purchase. But at this time of the year I expect they are doing good sales figures being the start of the season so don't need the cashflow like in the middle of winter. Not sure of the profit margins in bike gear either so aim for 20% but expect 10% if at all.

Other than that, why Fowlers? There is the old George Whites up here for example. Not a recommendation or anything, just saying others are around.

TheOnlyNemesis
11-04-14, 06:47 PM
Looking for a shop close to home so i can come home, get changed and head back out mainly. Wanted a dainese set from J&S as they got £100 off it but the bristol store doesn't have it in stock.

Wideboy
11-04-14, 07:25 PM
bit out the way but the megabike place on the old George whites site in swindon has some **** hot deals on leathers at the mo.

dkid
11-04-14, 08:36 PM
Don't dainese have a store on old market?

RJohnny
11-04-14, 10:16 PM
Fowlers... don't you mean Fowlups - still the cafe is ok for a quick brew.

Despite the bad rep I still head there fairly often to see what's on sale, as the selection is wide and varied. Also comes in handy for trying gear on prior to purchasing online or elsewhere for cheaper.

squirrel_hunter
11-04-14, 10:28 PM
TON come up here on Sunday and have a look round.

Actually thinking of it didn't Grant say something about Sunday. We can take you out to a couple of shops taking the interesting routes there if you like?

cb1000rsteve
12-04-14, 06:01 AM
My one and only dealing with fowlers was the purchase of my first bike Suzuki bandit (£1000 cheaper than anywhere near me!). Put it in van for me and strapped it down. I asked was it secure etc to which they replied yes we do this all the time. First set of traffic lights and bang, over it went!!! Did it myself and considering if never done it before it never fell over all the way back to the boro!!!

dkid
12-04-14, 06:17 AM
Yup, old market st as I thought.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/12/hygyraru.jpg

Grant66
12-04-14, 09:23 AM
TON come up here on Sunday and have a look round.

Actually thinking of it didn't Grant say something about Sunday. We can take you out to a couple of shops taking the interesting routes there if you like?

Yup, have a Mrs free day. :rave:

Open to suggestions. :geek:

TheOnlyNemesis
12-04-14, 07:24 PM
Dainese store was hella expensive. Went to fowlers today and bought a Dainese 2 piece suit and they gave me 10% off. I would join you tomorrow but my bike is out of commission again.

Grant66
12-04-14, 07:42 PM
What's up with it now?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

TheOnlyNemesis
12-04-14, 08:01 PM
I wore my new boots today and needed to raise the gear shifter so adjusted the shift rod. But it was bent since the accident and i think because i moved it it meant it was now bent against the bend of the gear shifter so it bent more on the ride till it fell off. Bought a new shifter already but won't have it till tuesday.

TheOnlyNemesis
12-04-14, 08:05 PM
bought this today for £540

http://www.mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/shop/dainese-chrono-div-black-white

dkid
13-04-14, 08:19 AM
Glad you sorted something, 10% is not to be sniffed at when you're spending that sort of money.