PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic tank bag

Pricey12
30-05-14, 01:12 PM
Can someone recommend me a decent magnetic tank bag preferably under £40 and big enough for a laptop. Have seen a few Oxford ones on ebay, but not sure if they will be big enough for a laptop as capacity is given in litres. I used to have a nice Hein Gericke one, but they appear to have gone bust... Ta.

Matt-EUC
30-05-14, 02:17 PM
Oxford is the way to go, there should be a list of actual dimensions if you google the model.

Sent via the medium of interpretative dance.

Pricey12
30-05-14, 03:02 PM
Yeah, the Oxford 38L one looks pretty good.

a_monkey_hint
30-05-14, 06:01 PM
I have the oxford on tour tank bag. I can fit my macbook pro 13" in (snug fit mind).

It looks the same as this, but this says first time wheras mine says on tour: http://www.amazon.co.uk/FIRST-TIME-EXPANDER-TANK-BAG/dp/B000R566LU

Sir Trev
31-05-14, 01:56 PM
Strikes me that a delicate machine like a notebook PC would not fare well bouncing up and down on a hard tank. Either a good layer of foam under it is required or consider a tail pack on the (much more forgiving) rear seat? Having said that I have carried a notebook PC in my topbox without issue, but it was inside a well padded carry case.

Nobbylad
31-05-14, 02:02 PM
I commuted for 6yrs with my laptop inside a rucksack which was then put in my top box. I've also used a magnetic tank bag with the laptop in on dozens of occasions, without issue. The laptop was always inside a padded jacket, which was inside the rucksack (like you get in most 'work' bags these days).

I've now bought a Kriega tailpack (they let you have them cheaper if you're able to get to their warehouse nr. Chester), which is probably the most versatile bit of luggage I've had, especially as when it's off the bike, the only thing left on the bike are some small loops that you can tuck under the pillion seat.