PDA

View Full Version : oh dear brent council.

SUPERSTARDJ01
02-06-14, 02:03 PM
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-bizarre/brent-council-introduce-motorcycle-ban/23293.html

Spank86
02-06-14, 02:58 PM
Is that even legal?

EssexDave
02-06-14, 03:39 PM
Ironically probably not, and probably not only because of the EU - all you haters, pay attention ;)

dkid
02-06-14, 03:50 PM
Slippery slope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bibio
02-06-14, 04:51 PM
the way i see it, it's up to the biking community to weed out the offenders and get it sorted.

Specialone
02-06-14, 05:35 PM
So tar everyone with the same brush, so if a few cars get silly down a street, will they ban cars? Will they ****, I'm sure if pulled you could easily challenge that in court, it's discriminatory (sp), no other road user would have to accept those conditions, so why should we.

orose
02-06-14, 06:23 PM
Old news - my understanding is that the ban has been rescinded, and the issue is solving itself anyway due to the higher traffic from the ongoing development at one end of the street (which was still in planning when the issue became known)

Grant66
03-06-14, 06:06 AM
Is that sign (motorcycle in a red circle) just made up? Don't recall ever seeing it in the highway code.

Sent from a portable communication device.

Spank86
03-06-14, 06:50 AM
Is that sign (motorcycle in a red circle) just made up? Don't recall ever seeing it in the highway code.

Sent from a portable communication device.

It's in there.

Sir Trev
03-06-14, 09:07 AM
Perhaps Bucks CC would like to ban cars from my road. On Sunday afternoon we had a pair of "Halford's Specials" racing round the estate and they love to see how fast they can get up to on the uphill bit that is my road. The wheelspin marks start by my driveway and extend for dozens of yards. We're also a ratrun so in the morning we have commuters hurtling up the hill trying avoid the town centre and save all of thirty seconds on their journey. How is this different to the road by the Ace in the OP as both uses of the road are dangerous/anti-social?

ClunkintheUK
03-06-14, 09:33 AM
Trev,

because its not being used by "a dangerous minority of hooligans" otherwise konwn as motorbikists.

Red ones
03-06-14, 06:58 PM
Hmm. Ace Cafe and anti social bikers? Well I never!

Next the local Council will shut the place down.

Sir Trev
04-06-14, 08:34 AM
I've only been to the Ace a few times and the cruddy driving on the last bit of the A40 as you head for Hanger Lane has put me off visiting again. Perhaps the council should close this stretch of road as the people using it are some of the most aggressive and anti-social I have ever come across.

NTECUK
04-06-14, 09:10 AM
Re your situation Sir Trev.
A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. —Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
So get your printer out lobby some people and attract local support

Sir Trev
04-06-14, 09:07 PM
Re your situation Sir Trev.
A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. —Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
So get your printer out lobby some people and attract local support

What, to close the A40 as it heads towards Hanger Lane or to block off the end of my road so it becomes a cul-de-sac instead of a through road? You've confused me.

NTECUK
04-06-14, 09:14 PM
What ever works for your community.
Speed calming measures is a good start.
They can take many forms

Spiderman
06-06-14, 03:50 PM
Ironically probably not, and probably not only because of the EU - all you haters, pay attention ;)

well said mate!!