PDA

View Full Version : OMO: V 5 document query.

tonyk
09-06-14, 01:06 PM
Hi guys, just a quick query for my daughter.

She is married but is still using 'Miss', apparently it's long winded to change everything. She is still using her/my name. She's just had a look on her v5 logbook for her car and 'Mrs' has been used. Does it really matter legally if everything else she has: passport, driving licence etc is 'Miss' and this one thing is 'Mrs' ? Will it affect insurance, will a police officer frown upon it?

Thanks, tonyk.

SvNewbie
09-06-14, 01:47 PM
Tell her to go all radical feminist on anyone who questions it. Should be fine :)

Ninthbike
09-06-14, 09:58 PM
From a purely legal perspective, the person on her V5 does not exist. In most circumstances people would use common sense but as we all know, the legal profession are notorious for not having any!

tonyk
09-06-14, 10:07 PM
From a purely legal perspective, the person on her V5 does not exist. In most circumstances people would use common sense but as we all know, the legal profession are notorious for not having any!

Thank you. I'll get her to change her title on the v5. I'll be honest I am surprised as technically she is a 'Mrs' but refuses to be called as such, something about making her feel old.

Tonyk