PDA

View Full Version : Phone Hacking Verdicts - wtf?!

DJFridge
24-06-14, 09:56 PM
Does anyone other than the jury really believe that Andy Coulson was the only senior member of staff at NOTW responsible for phone hacking?

Dave-the-rave
24-06-14, 10:31 PM
http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/06/05/prime-minister-s-barrister-brother-heads-legal-chambers-representing-rebekah-brooks

tigersaw
25-06-14, 06:13 AM
I wish they would stop calling it phone hacking like it something reserved for the wizards at MI5. Its just listening to peoples voice mailbox which has been known about and done by schoolkids for donkeys years.

maviczap
25-06-14, 07:04 AM
Does anyone other than the jury really believe that Andy Coulson was the only senior member of staff at NOTW responsible for phone hacking?

Not for one minute :smt104

Spank86
25-06-14, 07:38 AM
I wish they would stop calling it phone hacking like it something reserved for the wizards at MI5. Its just listening to peoples voice mailbox which has been known about and done by schoolkids for donkeys years.
Just like most hacking then?

tigersaw
25-06-14, 08:07 AM
Just like most hacking then?

hacking requires some skill. Accessing a phone mailbox with default password is childs play. Jury's are led to believe its a real deep spying issue.

pookie
25-06-14, 08:26 AM
whether its childs play or not..it is still unauthorised access and gaining information. Tell that to all those script kiddies out there.

Spank86
25-06-14, 09:14 AM
whether its childs play or not..it is still unauthorised access and gaining information. Tell that to all those script kiddies out there.

Exactly.

Plus a hell of a lot of so called hacking is finding default, or otherwise, passwords.

Littlepeahead
25-06-14, 12:19 PM
I've just got back from 3 days off to 150 emails and 25 voicemails. Could someone please hack both for me, I'll give you my passwords, and reply to anything urgent then tell everyone else I can't be bothered to deal with them while I have a little nap.

Thanks

(Oh and does anyone know if drinking fairy liquid actually works as a hangover cure?)

Spank86
25-06-14, 01:13 PM
(Oh and does anyone know if drinking fairy liquid actually works as a hangover cure?)

I'd say it would if you drank it the night before.

maviczap
25-06-14, 02:09 PM
1. I've just got back from 3 days off to 150 emails and 25 voicemails. Could someone please hack both for me, I'll give you my passwords, and reply to anything urgent then tell everyone else I can't be bothered to deal with them while I have a little nap.

2.(Oh and does anyone know if drinking fairy liquid actually works as a hangover cure?)

1. I used to have this problem & then I got a Blackberry through our IT dept. Delete the carp & return to work with less than 10 emails. If you're off, you just need to discipline yourself to not look at it 50 12 million times a day. :cool:

2. Only if you mix it with vinegar

Bluepete
25-06-14, 02:23 PM
I've just got back from 3 days off to 150 emails and 25 voicemails. Could someone please hack both for me, I'll give you my passwords, and reply to anything urgent then tell everyone else I can't be bothered to deal with them while I have a little nap.

Thanks

Delete the lot! If any were important, they'll send it again!

As for the fairy liquid, no, it won't help with the hangover, it just makes cleaning up poo of puke a lot easier!

Pete ;)

Berlin
25-06-14, 03:51 PM
And you will be cleaning up poop and puke as its both an emetic and a laxative :-)

Biker Biggles
25-06-14, 04:18 PM

No,but a scapegoat is required and he is it.No reason for a huge cull of the glitterati when one scalp will do.

TheOnlyNemesis
25-06-14, 06:04 PM
technically it's not hacking at all, it's cracking but people call it hacking a lot.

Spank86
25-06-14, 06:30 PM
technically it's not hacking at all, it's cracking but people call it hacking a lot.

Pretty sure the jury's still out on that one.

It probably always will be.

TheOnlyNemesis
25-06-14, 06:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_definition_controversy#Hacker_definition_co ntroversy