PDA

View Full Version : Bikers drop girls off at prom, and make some noise.

LewSpeight
25-06-14, 08:56 PM
Just thought i'd share what i did this evening with you all.

My neighbour wanted some form of cool transport to her GCSE prom with her friend, so i got my friends together and, well yeh, this is how it went... put a smile on everyones face i think, including ours.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=648647568585311&l=1296702031535526667

FG1
25-06-14, 09:26 PM
It was never like that when I was at Highlands... But then it was quite a while back.
It looked good though.

missyburd
25-06-14, 09:59 PM
Love it, great idea.

Anyone spot the McDonald's mascot? ;)

TamSV
25-06-14, 10:05 PM
Bah. Don't do Facebook

DJFridge
25-06-14, 10:07 PM
That's fantastic. We've been trying to persuade the boys that it would be cool turning up on the bikes. There would only be the two of us though - you guys have set the bar pretty high

Tomor
25-06-14, 11:00 PM
Dj, I'm sure we could get a few of the gm down!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tigersaw
25-06-14, 11:06 PM
Is that a bit like the end of term disco we had in the 70's?

Geodude
26-06-14, 07:39 AM
Nice of you and your mates to do that, much more interesting than some spoilt kid in a limo :cool: i dont like the whole prom thing though.

Anyone spot the McDonald's mascot? ;)

http://babystepsandtears.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

Hehe ;)

dkid
26-06-14, 08:39 AM
Bah. Don't do Facebook

That's a relief, thought I was the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timwilky
26-06-14, 08:50 AM
That's a relief, thought I was the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk No I am the only one.

As for the original post. When I was at school, you left never to have anything to do with the place again. the final act being one lad who lived on a farm down the road from school turned up with a tractor mounted welder and we welded the gates shut whilst all teachers cars inside.

Valedictory bashes appear to be a modern invention imported from the states. Why spend a fortune celebrating the end of school. Do as I did and go to work the next day.

Sir Trev
26-06-14, 09:31 AM
Welding the gates shut is pure class. The odd potato in the exhaust pipe and setting off the fire alarms was the only end-of-year entertainment we had at my school. Daughter dearest had all the ridiculous hassle of the prom and what to wear and who was going with whom and how to get there and does my hair look alright and and and... Thanks goodness we didn't have them!

Jayneflakes
26-06-14, 10:03 AM
Bikers are way cooler than any limo driving cliché! Love the jet flame from one the cans and the wheelie as they go past again, good stuff.

Like others here though I am not keen on the prom idea, although I can see the benefit of it a little. Having that kind of closure as the young adults prepare to move on to the next stage of their life, namely hard work, paying tax, retirement and death. ;-)

Mark_h
26-06-14, 11:50 AM
Riders should have turned up in black tie to really set it off.

If any GM locals want something particularly noisy to affix a buxom, scantily clad 16year old to the back of, you know where to find me.

LewSpeight
26-06-14, 12:19 PM
Girls tend to be more bothered about the prom, it's a chance for them to get dolled up and put on sparkly clothing

tonyk
26-06-14, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately my daughter got dropped off in the wife's honda jazz. I didn't the bike till the year after :( it would have been nice to take her on the bike for her wedding but there was something about her getting cold on the M4.

Tonyk

Mrs DJ Fridge
26-06-14, 10:20 PM
Hoping to get boys in to full James Bond evening suit round the corner and drop them off on the bikes, it is either that or a tractor, no limos for our boys partly because there is no way I would pay for one and partly why be so predictable. I might just take the 18 tonne lorry, I bet no one else would have one of them.

NTECUK
26-06-14, 11:29 PM
http://www.bwrice.com/promhire.jpg
Tanks for the ride

flymo
27-06-14, 07:36 AM
nice job!

ZER0
27-06-14, 08:19 PM
Fantastic idea. Everyone there would definitely be talking about that for ages

Littlepeahead
28-06-14, 08:38 AM
We just went down the pub, I was one off the few with a car back then and as I left I accidentally ran over a friend's foot as he leaned into the back to kiss my friends goodbye so spent my last day sitting with him in A&E.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

PyroUK
28-06-14, 12:29 PM
Fair play Lew, this seems to be quite popular at the moment, seen a number of pages on Facebook looking for people to help with a convoy for it.

Skybaba
28-06-14, 02:02 PM
Nice community service Lew :-)

thulfi
30-06-14, 12:24 AM
Ha nice idea. That video had all the makings of a catastrophic fail, particularly with the the wheelies at the end. Would have gone youtube viral had one of your boys goosed up and brought his bike down along with a few of the others.

LewSpeight
30-06-14, 12:35 PM
Thanks all .

We've got another booking for this Thursday, this time 10 lads want a lift.. proper ride and same kinda dropoff.

This time I will be armed with a gopro, watch this space ;)

Tomor
30-06-14, 01:10 PM
You are going to have to start charging

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk