PDA

View Full Version : intro

suzukiboy
28-06-14, 03:55 PM
Hi, thought I would intro myself prior to picking brains, just about to collect sv650k9 on Monday, After calamitous spinal surgery I struggled with heavy bandit 1200 and high DRZ400 also seat height/balance etc. A bit of research led me to the SV, still wanted a bit of go and something I could maybe tour on, high speed not an issue (got that out of my system a while ago!) and low weight a top top priority. Intend to fit CNC comfort pack asap but open to suggestions..........Also want to change standard exhaust, mainly to save weight but also for the sound (but nothing anti-social!) Again open to suggestions. Long term will change to progressive springs and when the time comes EBC HH pads. Lowering kit also on the cards but just want to see how I get on (and off). Never had a v twin so something new, just want to keep riding as long as possible, given my limitations, and feel a bit human again. Not being able to ride has been a blow so hopefully the svelte SV will answer my prayers!!
Anyway, Hi to all!!

DarrenSV650S
28-06-14, 03:58 PM
"svelte SV" - I like that :)

Hello and welcome

andrewsmith
28-06-14, 04:23 PM
how dooo

littleoldman2
28-06-14, 05:49 PM
Hello and welcome. The SV is a lovely easy, manageable bike. Where are you based ?.

Geodude
28-06-14, 06:11 PM
Howdoo and welcome, ride safe have fun :)

suzukiboy
28-06-14, 06:37 PM
Hello, live on the south coast between Portsmouth and Southampton, trying to move at the moment tho, won't move far (family), A32 Meon Valley favourite local road, looking forward to a good ride out very soon!

ChrisCurvyS
28-06-14, 10:05 PM
You've made a good choice - never appreciated how light and manageable an SV is till i switched to another bike.

Jayneflakes
29-06-14, 08:34 AM
Hello and welcome. I have a back injury which makes riding uncomfortable, but the lightness of the SV combined with a few mods makes it a great bike for when I can ride.

I fitted a naked top yoke, riser bar and custom risers to my S model and then had the seat re-padded and it is lovely. For the can I have a gorgeous Beowulf and I use soft panniers which sit above it with out touching.

This is my build thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=157076) if you are interested

suzukiboy
29-06-14, 06:24 PM
Hello Jayne, have already read your build thread, had a good look through forum last night to see what issues and solutions have arisen for others, also gives a good insight to the SV. Your post interesting to read how you overcame low bar position, being in pain is no joke as you know! Naked would have been better purchase in some respects (the bike, not me!) but wanted faired for potential touring duties, already has d/b screen on. Will have a look at Beowulf end cans and looking for titanium option simply to keep weight to a minimum. Once I get bike home will see what else can be lost/ replaced to lighten further as the easier it is to manage the more I will be able to use. Have rebuilt quite a few bikes in the past and have been known to get quite anal over details, and at the moment many tools and equipment in storage while I try and sell my house so may have to postpone some bits "to do". Did you have any issues with mirrors once converted riding position? Also aware that seat may need work, where did you get yours done? thanks to you and all others for the welcome btw, appreciated! 16.5 hrs to go till collection!!!

Bibio
29-06-14, 06:41 PM
howdo.

<-- this is what can be done to an SV if you have the cash. 300+ miles each sunday in comfort.

suzukiboy
29-06-14, 06:51 PM
Thanks, as time goes on will seek advice on what others have done to save weight, I can feel a weight saving crusade coming on and I have still to get the SV!!

littleoldman2
29-06-14, 08:42 PM
howdo.

<-- this is what can be done to an SV if you have the cash. 300+ miles each sunday in comfort.

I must be soft, only 286 miles of pure JOY round the Yorkshire dales today:).

Nutsinatin
29-06-14, 08:54 PM
I don't know where Jayne got her seat but these guys know how to make a comfy seat, http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/

littleoldman2
29-06-14, 08:56 PM
I had a gel pad put into the SV seat by Tony Archer and it transformed the comfort of the bike.

Bibio
29-06-14, 09:21 PM
I must be soft, only 286 miles of pure JOY round the Yorkshire dales today:).

yes on a bus :rolleyes:

yestarday was 325 miles which included, Fife, Lanarkshire, South Ayrshire, D&G, Borders, Lothian ;)

littleoldman2
29-06-14, 10:58 PM
Aye me, "the barge" and the fun adjuster all had a great day.
One day Cheryl may decide to let me loose on the SV on my tod, but I think she's just loving it too much.

Glad you had another good day out. GM?.

littleoldman2
29-06-14, 10:59 PM
BTW sorry for the thread derail.

Wideboy
30-06-14, 10:14 AM
Greetings from the correct side of Hampshire!

Tomor
30-06-14, 01:14 PM
Welcome, take a look in the gm section for localish rideouts

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk