PDA

View Full Version : OMO: Survey tools

ClunkintheUK
30-06-14, 10:14 AM
I need to run a survey for the company. I just want to run a single survey (at this point, anyway) of the general public.

Does anyone know of any software or service provider that can do this for me. I am not too fussed about having any analytics behind it (I spent 6 years as an analyst before I got fed up with employment), I really just want to be able to run a survey and get a dataset out. A CSV or SQL file would be fine.

Most services are either free and only allow 200 or fewer respondents, or have an ongoing service fee, rather then a one off.

Tomor
30-06-14, 01:15 PM
Something like survey monkey? Or am I being too simplistic

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

JamesMio
30-06-14, 01:20 PM
Aye, Survey Monkey sounds like the ticket for this

ClunkintheUK
30-06-14, 01:59 PM
I had a look at survey monkey, the pricing doesn't really match what I am after. At this point in time I just want a hosted, 1 off survey and to get the CSV export. They are talking about monthly subscriptions. The free one has quite a low level of allowed responses, I really would like more.

JustATrick
02-07-14, 03:02 PM
How about Google Forms? http://www.google.com/google-d-s/createforms.html

They're dead simple but totally free.

ClunkintheUK
02-07-14, 03:11 PM
Cool. What does it do with the results? does it e-mail you with each response, or put it into a google doc spreadsheet?

JustATrick
02-07-14, 03:20 PM
Does it e-mail you with each response, or put it into a google doc spreadsheet?

They're all dumped into a Google spreadsheet, so it should be simple to grab a CSV. AFAIK you can't get an alert on every response - you just keep an eye on the result sheet.

ClunkintheUK
02-07-14, 03:37 PM
Bonza, just having a look at it all now, looks like just the trick.

Cheers