PDA

View Full Version : OMO - Advanced Charity Sponsorship Tools

Steve_God
02-07-14, 05:28 PM
Oh Mighty Org!

I'm planning on doing something big for charity next year, with a twist, in that I want to allow those that are donating to vote towards what events/activities I will end up doing for charity. The 5 activities with the most donations, will be the ones I have no choice but to do (and then will do another 5 of my choosing).

In an ideal world, I'd like people to be able to go onto a site, and either add their donation to an existing activity already listed, or create their own for others to add donations to.

In my mind, I feel like I've seen a honeymoon website that does something similar, but for honeymoon activities - but could be easily adapted for charity events.

Does anyone know of any website that can do something similar to this? :)

Ravenhearts
04-07-14, 09:02 AM
try the Just giving website

Brettus
04-07-14, 12:05 PM
just post a poll on the org and direct people here, I'm sure you'll get sensible responses :D (OK maybe some site that supports users proposing ideas, a subreddit might serve on www.reddit.com with proposals being posts and support being upvotes on those posts)

Once you've selected your 5 then set up the fund raising for each of the 5 in turn.

I'd suspect the action of splitting the funding and the voting would be your best bet too TBH as what would happen to money pledged to ones you don't decide to do, you'd then have people having to repledge to the actual one you do.

Steve_God
10-07-14, 07:03 PM
The JustGiving site is good in the main, but not for what I'm trying to achieve.

Using Reddit isn't a bad idea, but still keeps the voting side of things separate to the donations, and I'd like them to be linked to some extent.

I think I'm going to have to go with the suggestion of splitting the voting and donating separately, and just have people give their vote as a comment after they've donated, and I'll just manually compile / update the results as they come in.

Cheers for the suggestions though! :)