PDA

View Full Version : Sort of Newbie

ClunkintheUK
18-09-14, 10:42 AM
Ex-GM/soho, just moved to Bristol, so thought I'd do an intro thread in the surfers. I should be getting my bike up on Saturday.

dkid
18-09-14, 10:57 AM
Welcome to Bristol mate. Where abouts in the city do you call home now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClunkintheUK
18-09-14, 11:26 AM
We're renting a flat in Clifton for the moment, just round the corner from the student's union. Waiting to sell the flat in London.

dkid
18-09-14, 11:31 AM
Nice one, Clifton is a nice area if you can park close to your flat. Now I may be totally wrong but are you in the aerospace industry? Got a feeling I've read it on here many moons ago? Just wondering if you've moved here to take up a job at filton?

ClunkintheUK
18-09-14, 11:36 AM
No, I was in finance, now starting a business (because working in finance is no way to spend your life). Aerospace would have been nice. Parking is acceptable. There is usually one or two spaces on my road, just not on Friday or Saturday night.

dkid
18-09-14, 11:47 AM
Haha ok ignore me, I obviously imagined it :D.

Not as many rideouts here compared to the GM but they do happen occasionally. Not sure how many Weston (super mare) bike nights are left to run this year but that's a sizeable local meet on Thursdays evenings. There's also a local rideout based forum who organise rideouts regularly. You can find them at https://www.facebook.com/groups/4CountiesBikers/

ClunkintheUK
18-09-14, 11:52 AM
No worries.

Thanks for the link, will take me a little time to find the good roads around here.