PDA

View Full Version : Joining you soon

ManMango
03-10-14, 04:13 PM
Hi all, I may be joining you soon down in the south west. My wife just got offered a job in Redruth and I am looking for work in the area too.

I will definitely be checking out all the beautiful roads on offer in Cornwall once i'm down. I visit often in the car and with my MTB but never been down since I started riding the SV.

I was also wondering if anyone could offer me any advice on which routes are most interesting to take in and out of the area coming from London? I imagine the 5 hours from Hertfordshire might be a bit draining just following the satnav route.

Any good detours that don't add too much time from London to Redruth?

squirrel_hunter
03-10-14, 06:10 PM
Don't really know that way. However go down the M4 over the bridge to Wales and ride round there. Not very helpful, but that's the best roads...

Jayneflakes
14-10-14, 05:31 PM
There are some really nice roads down there, but they tend to clog up in summer with tourists. I did a bike tour of the region many years ago and loved it, I was young free and single and went with a friend on his old CB250N. Speed was never going to be high on that, but it did not matter because the scenery was beautiful. :D