PDA

View Full Version : Bandit yoke fit naked curvy?

Alexander94
05-01-15, 09:41 AM
Hi guys,

I was involved in a collision the other night that ruined the swing arm, Forks, top yoke, clocks, headlight and a few other minor bits on my naked curvy and I was just wondering if the top yoke from a K5-K6 will fit it? I've found one off an almost new bike for £25 and if it'll fit then I won't hesitate to get that one!

Alexander94
05-01-15, 09:42 AM
K5-K6 bandit 650 top yoke, sorry! That's kind of a major detail!

Alexander94
05-01-15, 09:45 AM
There's also one for a 2000-2004 bandit 600 for £20 but the newer one looks a lot nicer ^^

maviczap
05-01-15, 12:16 PM
It may look the same, but I doubt one from another model is going to fit.

Sadly, even one off a Pointy isn't going to fit I think. Naked top yokes are sought after & curvy ones even more so.

But if you're quick, there's this one from a 1998 curvy which will

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sv650-naked-top-yoke-/131395507134?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item1e97c853be

Alexander94
05-01-15, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I was really hoping that a bandit yoke would fit...

So I've really messed up by breaking a naked curvy yoke... Oops

maviczap
05-01-15, 02:08 PM
Yes, but you're lucky there's that one on Ebay.

Alexander94
05-01-15, 02:40 PM
Yeah, quite good timing!

Alexander94
05-01-15, 05:39 PM
I've done the "buy it now" on that one that you added the link to just to be safe. So now I just need to wait for that to turn up and source a load more parts to get my bike back on the road...

maviczap
05-01-15, 06:16 PM
What's wrong with the swing arm, if that got damaged, then I'd be concerned about the whole of the bike, especially as your top yoke also got trashed.

Is it just cosmetic damage or bent and severely damaged.

post some pictures up, as if your bikes badly damaged you might want someone to check it out so its safe to ride after its been fixed, or to save you lots of money, and dont waste your time fixing it because it will be dangerous even if you repace the broken parts.

Bibio
05-01-15, 07:02 PM
What's wrong with the swing arm, if that got damaged, then I'd be concerned about the whole of the bike, especially as your top yoke also got trashed.

Is it just cosmetic damage or bent and severely damaged.

post some pictures up, as if your bikes badly damaged you might want someone to check it out so its safe to ride after its been fixed, or to save you lots of money, and dont waste your time fixing it because it will be dangerous even if you repace the broken parts.

agreed. you might not see any hairline fractures in the frame and if there is it could result in the frame parting company with the headstock and this is something you dont want to happen. is it really worth the risk. if it were me i would cut my losses and get another bike and use the crashed one for spares or break it and sell the bits off.

Alexander94
05-01-15, 10:48 PM
That's the swing arm. It hit the curb on the left hand side.
I really hope the damade doesn't go any further cos I really can't afford another bike...

Alexander94
05-01-15, 10:55 PM
What happened was that the front wheel slid on some ice just before a left hand corner, the bike fell to the left, slid down the road and hit the curb on the other side. I was doing about 30mph

Alexander94
05-01-15, 11:00 PM
Here are some other pictures. Overall it doesn't seem too bad, I think some of it could be that parts got hit in the wrong place