PDA

View Full Version : Belly pan, hugger and seat cowl for Pointy?

Dec
29-01-15, 10:17 PM
I have just bought a 2014 SV650S in 'Glass Splash' white. The dealer is tighter than a ducks **** and won't throw anything in with the bike and I have been scouring the internet looking for anyone who does huggers, belly pans or seat cowls in that colour, any ideas?

PyroUK
30-01-15, 07:25 AM
If you can source the parts themselves cheap enough, just take em to a decent sprayer to be colour matched.

It'll probably end up cheaper than getting it through the dealer

Dec
30-01-15, 03:53 PM
I've seen a glass splash white belly pan for a gladius but that probably wouldn't fit!

Trev B
30-01-15, 04:23 PM
Hi Dec,I've got a L2,2013 and got a belly pan from recambi wiess in Germany,currently €39 + p&p,very cheap with the old exchange rate at the moment,it comes white but had it sprayed the same white, mines the white with blue stripe.i had the fixing kit but don't bother as some of the lengths are not long enough,made my own,the are easy enough with plenty of bolt points to choose from,sorry don't know how to sent pictures on here but if you PM me with e mail address I can send some that way!!!

Bibio
30-01-15, 04:29 PM
if it were me i would not have been asking the dealer to throw stuff in i would have been asking how much extra would it cost then haggled on the price. your dealer would more then likely have gave you a discount on the items but asking them to throw what is essentially £500+ of extras is a bit much. so unless you have bought the bike outright with cash you could have added the extras to the finance like most people do. also remember that your dealer would have fitted them for you ready for you to pick the bike up in all its added glory.

when i bought my K8 my dealer automatically put me on the system for 20% off all goods sold in the shop as a valued customer. its worth being nice to your dealer but being cheeky gets you nothing.

you will find it very very hard to find a cheep belly pan for an SV650 pointy let alone one being the glass white. even beaten up ones with no fixing brackets go for £100+ on ebay.

Trev B
30-01-15, 04:37 PM
Bibio,all depends how much he paid in the first place,I got mine June 2013,ok it was pre registered,taxed for 6 months,usual garantee, and data tagged.£3999 on the road,not much wriggle room there,now I've seen them for £1000 more than that at dealers so it's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid!!

Bibio
30-01-15, 04:51 PM
yes i totally agree. but they are in business to make money, if they started giving things away for free they would not be in business long. its all up to Suzuki what extras they decide to add to the bike year after year. in 2008 they gave you a seat cowl and lowers for £3995 OTR. a year later and the extras were taken away with the new colours and the bike was the same price as the year before.

its fantastic the way you can buy a bike these days as you can shop around the whole of the UK for the best deal over the phone and have the bike delivered to your door once the deal is done. no need to even step foot in a dealer if you know what bike you want. haggle by all means but be realistic about it.

Dec
30-01-15, 07:27 PM
I paid £3000 after chopping in my old bike and was getting a good enough deal as it was I suppose. I thought there would be more parts available than there is for that colour. In a way it would be easier to get the dealer to source and fit the parts I want but the prices are horrendous!