PDA

View Full Version : Footrest removal? Pointy.

clydeflouride
31-01-15, 03:57 PM
2010 pointy. Undone the hanger so I can see the back side. Can't get any leverage on the bolt. Rounded off the bolt that holds the master cylinder on aswell. Getting irritated now.

Wanting to bend my brake lever straight.

I see a few people have had an issue getting the peg off but couldn't see a solution.

Assuming I can get the lever off but it snaps I then need to find a way to seperate the cylinder from the rearsets to fit onto new sets.

Thanks in advance.

Bibio
31-01-15, 04:18 PM
you need to fix the bracket to something solid (turn upside down and affix back on frame?) to remove the large allan head bolt that holds the brake lever on as the bolt is held in with threadloc. if you have rounded the big allan bolt head you are stuffed and its drill out time. dont even attempt to use allan keys to undo it you will just round the bolt head, instead use allan sockets and a ratchet.

clydeflouride
31-01-15, 04:23 PM
It's a smaller one that's rounded. I'm not sure it'll twist that far round with the brake lines etc still attached. What a bloody menace. I'll try it though. I'm using sockets and a ratchet. All the gear and no idea

Bibio
31-01-15, 04:32 PM
attach the bracket to the bike again and try using an impact driver, one good whack should see it loosen up.

clydeflouride
31-01-15, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure there enough clearance but I will try tomorrow. Thanks

clydeflouride
03-02-15, 02:43 PM
Definitely not enough clearance. I'm guessing I'll have to bleed the brakes, remove the footrest assembly with master cylinder still attached and have a go with it off the bike.