PDA

View Full Version : K4 Sv650s into Streetfighter - ideas

mitra
03-02-15, 12:09 PM
So had a car drive out in front of me (not giving way) which resulted in some bruises, and broken forks and front plastics. Anyway, managed to get some money from insurance to do some repairs, but in the mood to convert it into a street fighter (as I mainly drive within London) .... and I want a small project.

I was hoping it would be enough to:

- replace the forks
- new headlight
(- headlight mount?)
- screen
- belly pan
- paint job
- handlebar mirrors

I'm replacing the forks with ones from a k5. The rest I haven't decide on yet. However, was hoping some of you might have some interesting ideas, and general tips.

------

Once I've figured out the design, i'll be ordering parts and posting pictures of the progress

Jayneflakes
03-02-15, 12:26 PM
Forget the K5 forks, fit Gixxer USD or similar, they look really cool and are more adjustable, which will give you a better Street look. Modifications of the top yoke for risers is an interesting job, but perfectly doable if you put the time into it.

A new wheel and brakes will also be needed though, so you can really have some fun. :D

clydeflouride
03-02-15, 01:53 PM
^^ agreed. I feel guilty every time I take parts off my SV for maintenance/tinkering/whatever and then don't put better, shinier bits back on!

mitra
04-02-15, 11:27 AM
I'm quite aware that many people upgrade the forks. However, I'm quite light weight, the forks with slightly thicker oil are perfect fine for me and city driving in London. I don't really race the bike or press it to it's limits, so see little point in investing in different forks, except for cosmetic differences.

What's more concerning for me is the headlight and potentially having to build, or order any custom brackets to fit it. Hence It would be great if any of you have some interesting ideas on headlight/screen changes for an sv650s

maviczap
04-02-15, 12:23 PM
Instant street fighter makeover :p

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWGMQBtLD2JdSXK1ydZIgQSKcac9Dxu AYAJC_Sh9d8z7JOtYYo

Sorry its not my cup of tea ;)

carelesschucca
04-02-15, 01:58 PM
Have a search through some of TamSV's Threads. He's done some tasty mods to the SV's he owns, ones not really a street fighter but they are stunning bikes. I really like his maroonish curvy cafe racer. But he also has Darren's old pointy, and I'm sure you'll like the lights on that bad boy.