PDA

View Full Version : Tinkering time

Viney
08-02-15, 05:44 PM
So its almost time for Doris to go through her MOT. I don't ride nearly at all, but this year is the plan to get her up and though 80k. So i embarked on taking the covers off her and seeing what's what. Its been a while since i tinkered. I changed the oil a few weeks back, so thats all good.

So i have had a low mileage shock hanging up in the shed for a while, so thought i would put that on. Whilst doing this i greased up the lower linkage. I think the bearings will do for now, but they will need replacing at some point in the not to distant future. Stripped and cleaned the rear and front brakes. All a little sitcky. Sorted out the rear indicators. They still had the Resistors in-line from when i had LED indicators, so some soldering done there. Cleaned the chain up a bit. Although oiled, the surface was a little 'golden' in places. And finally took the wheels off as the tyres are past their best. So some Michelin Pilot Road 4's have been ordered (Tyre Leader online).

Just got to oil up the cables, balance the carbs, clean the spark plugs, fill up the scottoiler and stick the wheels back on, and back on the commuting tip i shall go. That's if she goes through her MOT.

Jayneflakes
09-02-15, 01:54 AM
Sounds good, nothing like a bit of tinkering time, it makes you feel close to your beast.

Remember as well though, if you have been off a bike for a long old while, it might take a couple of rides to get your mojo back, so ride carefully.

Stay happy :D

Viney
14-02-15, 12:19 AM
Well she passed her MOT today. Also Brand new tyres and torrential rain where....erm, interesting

Geodude
14-02-15, 07:41 AM
Nice one Doris :)